Identified! GA - Richmond Co., UID remains found, Mar'07 - Karen Pryor

When I hear of a body/skeleton being found, I always wonder if it was previously stored, like in a freezer, and then dumped at a convenient time. I read too much about crime.

hmmm this got me thinking...can an autopsy reveal if a body was placed in a frozen environment post-mortem?

also...we have a TOD at anywhere between 4 mos. and 35 mos, taken from the posts on this one so far, whether the bones are connected or not. can we confirm this is as a relatively reliable timeframe to start searching thru MP cases? That would mean April 2004 - December 2006 is a probable timeframe in which she went missing.

I checked NAMPN and I can't find a corresponding UID listing for that date in Georgia, so I'm wondering if maybe she's already been ID'd.

This was posted by raine1212 and moved here.

I brought this over from an older post, still no updates that I can find. She still has no name.

Newest info I found. Reported by www.wrdw.com

Richmond County investigators still need your help identifying another skeleton discovered earlier this year. Deputies found the remains of a white female off of Laney Walker Boulevard, near Lovers Lane in March. Homicide investigator Tom Johnson tells News 12, the woman could be anywhere from 25-years-old to 40. But investigators believe she was in her 30's when she died. There were no obvious signs of trauma to the skeleton. The remains were ruled not to be those of Deborah Dill. Anyone with any information is asked to call the sheriff's office.
http://www.wrdw.com/home/headlines/11144561.html#

I'm wondering if it could be Tena Payton? Her car was found in Richmond County...what do you guys think?

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/723 for Tena...

There isn't a whole lot of info re: height, weight, etc. of the remains...

I am so new at this...how would I go about investigating further?

I'm wondering if it could be Tena Payton? Her car was found in Richmond County...what do you guys think?

It sure fits with what is known about Tena's disappearance. Look at Believe09's post above regarding clothing/jewelry found with the remains. Could they be sent to compare?

Info is pretty vague on both Tena and the UID, but it wouldn't hurt to submit it just in case. It could be her.

I'm from Augusta. I'm interested to know if Tena was involved w drugs. The area in which the remains were found is a hot spot, so to speak. ITA, that both cases are very vague...

According to the police report, Tena's car was found "in an area of Richmond county known for drug activity..."

I've e-mailed LE in Aiken County to see if they have already investigated this possible match.

PS to Emsmomma - I used to live in Aiken

According to the police report, Tena's car was found "in an area of Richmond county known for drug activity..."

I've e-mailed LE in Aiken County to see if they have already investigated this possible match.

PS to Emsmomma - I used to live in Aiken

Good...it doesn't hurt to try. I had researched some missing at the time and none of those were a match. I didn't send in Tena as I wasn't aware of her. You really never know what will fit and if you send it to the right Le so don't rule her out just yet.

I get impatient - I've e-mailed Aiken county LE re: Tena Payton - should I be going at this from another angle - or just wait for awhile longer...I am new at this and not sure how much to bug" LE - also, don't know if there is "professional courtesy" such as waiting for a certain length of time, etc...

I get impatient - I've e-mailed Aiken county LE re: Tena Payton - should I be going at this from another angle - or just wait for awhile longer...I am new at this and not sure how much to bug" LE - also, don't know if there is "professional courtesy" such as waiting for a certain length of time, etc...

Wait a few days and then follow up. Get names and phone numbers. Thank you for your attention.

I'm thinking this one is in South Carolina, since the PD is Beech Island!

No reconstruction on the JD, yet?

Jeremiah 29:11-14

Yes - Beech Island is very close to Augusta, GA (Richmond county) where the JD was found - I have not heard back and do need to follow up on this one...if you want to/can help, Madea, please do!

Thank you Monkalup!

I sent another e-mail and still have no response...I think this will need a phone call as the Aiken county Sheriff Dept seems to be unresponsive.

New! I got a call this AM from Michelle Proper with SLED (South Carolina Law Enforcement Division) regarding Tena Payton, whom I thought might be a match for the UID...

After some digging, and several phone calls, Michelle found out that Tena is NOT missing!! She moved and is on probation and is now staying in GA...

Michelle said she not sure how Tena came to be on a missing persons website...she was not the one who did the posting on NAMUS.

Anyway, good news that Tena Payton is alive and well...bad news that our UID is still unidentified.

From the link in a previous post, the discription could very well be that of my best friend who disappeared in 2005. I found little information about this unidentified female. Anyone know anything else about this? Didn't find an estimated time of death either.
my friend is:
www.myspace.com/findsandraburris

Hi Mrsbreesmith and welcome!

Just wondering what makes you think it may be your friend?

As far as i know, the remains are still unidentified...

I don't have much information, other than the area in which the remains were found was sort of a "drug area"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlight86
Back