GUILTY GA - Rusty Sneiderman shot to death at Dunwoody preschool, 18 Nov 2010 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason I began this thread yesterday is because this case seemed,.............more than meets the eye. Now we have OTHER cases that are similar................{spooky}.............

Honestly, I'm not surprised. It was my first thought, had to do with WHAT he does for a living.

No time today because of the holiday, but will look into this further in a few days.

Interesting.
fran

I cannot think of one person who I know in the professional setting who sends their kids to daycare that I would know what daycare those kids go to . Much less the time and days they go. I think it would be odd or different then the normal to know that about someone you have not worked with forever.

Whoever did this knew Rusty's routine or was given information about his daily routine.

IMOO, I think this person held a grudge against Rusty for some failed business deal.

Don't know if they hired a hit man or did it themselves. I have my doubts the man walking away really looks like he did when he murdered Rusty. He could have been wearing a wig and fake beard.

Usually we don't see hit men this brazen to put themselves in jeopardy of being identified. This makes me think it wasn't a hit man but a man with a vengeance and a score to settle (or so he thought in his demented mind).

The man is probably long gone from Georgia by now. I think they need to check the airports for abandoned mini vans or rental vehicles that were never returned.

This case reminds me somewhat of when Mark Barton killed a lot of people in Atlanta due to his losses on being a day trader.

IMO

Whoever did this knew Rusty's routine or was given information about his daily routine.

IMOO, I think this person held a grudge against Rusty for some failed business deal.

Don't know if they hired a hit man or did it themselves. I have my doubts the man walking away really looks like he did when he murdered Rusty. He could have been wearing a wig and fake beard.

Usually we don't see hit men this brazen to put themselves in jeopardy of being identified. This makes me think it wasn't a hit man but a man with a vengeance and a score to settle (or so he thought in his demented mind).

The man is probably long gone from Georgia by now. I think they need to check the airports for abandoned mini vans or rental vehicles that were never returned.

This case reminds me somewhat of when Mark Barton killed a lot of people in Atlanta due to his losses on being a day trader.

IMO

I thought the composite looked like he might of had a disguise on a well.

<modsnip>

I was thinking maybe it was done out in the open like that to send a message......jmo

Stuff like that isn't random. Seems like one of these is the likely scenario:

As an accountant one of his clients lost a ton of money and was pissed off. I notice the killing came right after that big hedge fund raid too. Any connection there?

Insurance is involved and the wife had a hit put out on him, she had another romantic intereset and wanted him out of the way, etc.

The husband was having an affair and the woman's husband or b/f shot him in retaliation.

Crimes with a motive are much easier to figure out than weird random stuff that doesn't make any sense.

One of the comments, and I am majorly paraphrasing here, as I do not remember which news source I saw it at, was spot on. The poster opined on how the first reports are usually "They were an awesome husband/wife/person/parent/teacher/what have you. We never saw this coming!" And then thee truth comes out.
Now I have my opinions on this that it seems to me that money was involved, hence the "highly professional killing". I am going with bad mojo at work/with a client.

:eek:

gosh, were you guessing or are you referencing this article?

http://shutking.blogspot.com/2010/11/assassination-of-russell-rusty.html

The Assassination of Russell "Rusty" Sneiderman – The First Causality of the War on Wall Street and Washington?

Oh man no. Was a guess. I don't really read blog stuff. I had just been over on Foxnews or CNN News and saw the story. I guess I try to cut to the chase and get to the bare bones of what I see...

I don't mean to sound cold or un-caring either. It's a sad story. But there still has to be a motive... and for a hit type killing its either 1) bad romance 2) bad business deal 3)bad marriage/insurance

I am leaning towards some issues in the marriage. All marriages have issues right?

If specific information came to light and not just his career I might change but I am going to stick my guesses close to the family for now.

500 friends between them on facebook.( A few look like the composit.)

They know or have an very extensive network.

A tad of background of the victim.

Interesting,
fran

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2010/11/beachwood_high_grad_russell_sn.html

1992 Beachwood High grad Russell Sneiderman dies in shooting outside Atlanta

Family members described Sneiderman as an entrepreneur, who was developing an unidentified product for the entertainment industry. He had been chief operating officer of an Atlanta-based daycare chain and was a certified public accountant, according to the family-supplied death notice.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.aolnews.com/crime/articl...tside-sons-preschool/19730774?test=latestnews

Georgia Dad Shot Dead Outside Son's Preschool

Friends described Sneiderman, an entrepreneur and certified accountant, as kind and generous. He gave his friends financial advice and sat on the boards of multiple Atlanta-area charities. Rick Tuley, a friend of Sneiderman's in Atlanta, said Sneiderman helped him manage his family's finances after his father's death. "He reached out to me at a time of need, unsolicited and completely selfless," Tuley told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. "It wasn't just one time, it was a lot of times."

Sneiderman was the CEO of a Georgia-based day care network called Discovery Point. The Journal-Constitution reports that he had also worked as a consultant for JPMorgan Chase & Co. in Atlanta.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<more at link>>>>>>>>>>>>

Just judging by the few details since he was shot outside his kid's day care, that is a very public but also obvious location.

Now, if the shooter were hired a spouse (just theorizing) Im sure a more out of the way place could have been picked. Someone close to the victim would know more discreet places he went. But the school would be some place easy for a killer who was not personally familiar with the victim's daily habits. It may be that someone watching his house noted that was the first/one place he went to every day so that location was picked. Likewise something related to his business dealings where someone had an axe to grind but did not know the ins and outs of his daily activities would pick something obvious. Plus if the killer was spotted he would not likely be recognized by people aroudn the day care.

A tad of background of the victim.

Interesting,
fran

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2010/11/beachwood_high_grad_russell_sn.html

1992 Beachwood High grad Russell Sneiderman dies in shooting outside Atlanta

Family members described Sneiderman as an entrepreneur, who was developing an unidentified product for the entertainment industry. He had been chief operating officer of an Atlanta-based daycare chain and was a certified public accountant, according to the family-supplied death notice.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

C.O.O. of a daycare chain.....shot outside of a daycare. Interesting.

This is such a disturbing story. We have lots of kids from this preschool who go on to the school where my middle child attends, and several kids with siblings there, so it was quite a shock.

I really do not want to believe that any mother would hire a hit while the husband was anywhere near the daycare center where her children would be. The risk of a police officer or any armed person might open fire and harm a child is too high. I know it's possible, but hard to imagine.

This is a nice area of town, very suburban and "boring" to the hip people. No matter how this turns out it will be upsetting to accept.

Prayers for his whole family. Thanksgiving will never be the same.

I don't think the wife is involved.

I think it was a business deal that went sour leaving someone filled with vengeance and rage.

IMO

So they lived away from their familys. The son gets dropped off at daycare and the dad gets shot, in a shooting that is cold and not appearing to be random .

The dad looks so normal . Nothing about his apearance would make one think he would ever be murdered this way.
I know one cannot be judged by how they look but he doesnt look like the kind of guy to be having an affair either.
I Wonder if his wife is about to make national news.

Boy, I hope the wife is not implicated. It is horrible enough for those two babies to have lost their daddy, but to think they might lose Momma, too.....

:eek:

gosh, were you guessing or are you referencing this article?

http://shutking.blogspot.com/2010/11/assassination-of-russell-rusty.html

The Assassination of Russell "Rusty" Sneiderman &#8211; The First Causality of the War on Wall Street and Washington?

Interesting article. I'm glad to see they were just speculating, and said "We are not aware that Mr. Sneiderman has ever defrauded his clients or been involved in misrepresenting products he has sold or packaged over the years, but this investigation is new and over the next few months I&#8217;m sure we will find more motives for someone taking such rash steps."

I know investments have been rough lately---we've almost lost everything, then rallied, then lost it again, then re-cooped the losses---and it does make you nervous. It wouldn't make me KILL anyone, but I understand what the blogger is saying.

I cannot think of one person who I know in the professional setting who sends their kids to daycare that I would know what daycare those kids go to . Much less the time and days they go. I think it would be odd or different then the normal to know that about someone you have not worked with forever.

It seems to be more of a preschool that feeds into a private school than a daycare, since listening to the videos and reading later articles. Preschool would have a definite schedule as to how many days of the week the children attend, and what the starting time is......a little more "locked in" schedule wise than a daycare.

I agree with you to a certain extent. It may not be normal to know which daycare/preschool someone's children go to, if you only know the parent professionally. However, I am a woman! The women I worked with discussed child care all the time because it was such an important topic for all of us.....you know the kinds of conversations: "there's an opening at abc daycare! It's so close to work!!! I'm going to try to get my kid in!" followed by "NO!! My grandson went to abc daycare, and they didn't change his diaper all day!! You really need to put your child in XYZ daycare!"

If this turns out to be an "exclusive" type of preschool that feeds into a well-respected, much sought after private school, then I can see even professionals discussing it......

However, overall I tend to agree with you. If this was a client that was disgruntled with losses, or someone who had been fudging the books and it was noticed by Rusty, I would not expect them to know where his children attend preschool. Either someone knows Rusty from the preschool and had a big grudge, a hit man followed him and allowed him to drop his child off before murdering him, OR the killer was given inside information by someone. As someone else mentioned, a stalker would know Rusty's schedule, too.

That poor brother. His pain and sorrow are so apparent. I know we need victims' families to speak to the public and ask for help, but God, it tears me up.

I thought the composite looked like he might of had a disguise on a well.

<modsnip>

Could be a disguise. <modsnip>three of my six sons are sporting very similar beards

You and me both! Holy Carp!

I'm just disgusted this happened to a father with such a young son, and at his preschool. What kind of sick perp does this in front of not only the victims son but a group of babies? :furious:

I hope they catch this perp ASAP!

My prayers are with the Sneiderman family. My heart is breaking for them and this little boy. :(

The timing and location were what struck me more than anything about the shooting. Not only did someone want Rusty killed, but they didn't care if innocent children, including possibly Rusty's son, witnessed it. :furious:

My sympathy and prayers go out to the Sneiderman family also, especially for his two children losing their father at this time of year. :rose:

MOO

<an entrepreneur, who was developing an unidentified product for the entertainment industry>

hhhhmmmmm...... lots of potential scenarios here. sounds like could be big $$$ involved...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brew23p