GUILTY GA - Sam Poss, 18, Perry, 15 Oct 2016 *Arrests*

https://www.13wmaz.com/article/news/local/your-blood-was-cold-judge-says-to-second-teen-convicted-for-poss-murder/93-552578965

A Houston County jury has found Brandon Warren, the second of the two teens accused of killing 18-year-old Sam Poss, guilty on all counts.

http://www.macon.com/news/local/crime/article211289714.html

“Monsters who would kill a friend like this certainly would not hesitate to kill a stranger,” Christian Poss said. “The world is a darker place without Sam in it. … His killers deserve to be in prison for the rest of their lives.”

Nicole Poss, Sam’s mother, told of the panic attacks she suffers and how she is confronted daily by the constant blows of the “incredible nightmare” Sam’s slaying continues to inflict.

Houston Superior Court Judge Edward D. Lukemire seemed at a loss for trying to make sense of why Sam Poss was killed. Many murders, the judge said, are crimes of passion, slayings in the heat of the moment.

“What penalty would speak to the crime? What is the just desert? I don’t sit here pretending to have the exact answer to that. But I know this, that a human being is gone because of the actions of two other human beings … in cold blood, done with no sane reason, just to see someone die.”

Then Lukemire paused and sighed: “Mr. Warren … I sentence you to life without the possibility of parole.”

Sam Poss' father speaks for the first time since son's death

I found it so gut-wrenching and true when Christian Poss (Sam's father) said this:

“I think the betrayal is the hardest part and knowing that someone used his own goodness against him…I mean that's what pure evil looks like,” said Poss.

I'm posting my quote from 2016 because I believe the statement from Sam's dad defines this case.

Sometimes evil is the only motivation.

During the search for Sam, I thought he would turn up safe and sound, even though the circumstances didn't look good at all. We all still had hope at the time.

When we learned what happened, it hurt my heart so bad.

I still find it difficult to believe this happened and I still think of Sam from time to time. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Rest in Peace Sam. You were one in a million.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back