Found Deceased GA - Samuel Hewitt Jr, 49, Columbus, 13 May 2018

doodles1211

Reaction score
16845959_G.png

"Samuel Hewitt Jr., 49, was last seen May 13. He is 6'2" and weighs 290 pounds. Hewitt has hazel eyes and is bald.

He is believed to be operating a black 2016 GMC Sierra 1500 pickup truck with Georgia tag REY1100.

If anyone has information regarding Hewitt’s whereabouts, please call 911 or the Columbus Police Department Special Victims Unit at 706-653-3449."
Columbus police searching for missing man

Hewitt Sr. says the investigation has brought some of his son's secrets into the light.

"I was told that the people he was associated with are not of the best character and if I offered a sufficient amount of money more than likely one of them is going to start talking."

The father is offering a $20,000 reward for any information that brings his son home. Hewitt Sr. says family friends have also pitched in reward money, bringing the total to $30,000.
a lot of reward but still nobody speaking?

This family is involved in a lot of construction/industrial work in the area. There are billboards for Sammy, but unfortunately not a lot of media coverage that I've seen. I know someone who works for the family and they seem like very good people from everything I've heard. I really do hope that they find him.

Sammy Hewitt Jr’s 50th birthday came and went last month without a single word to family and friends.

Hewitt Jr. was last seen on surveillance video at a bank and drug store near Cross Country Plaza Friday May 18th.

His dad believes he was headed to a card game in East Alabama.

His father was told of organized crime and robberies at these card houses and specific plans to intercept Sam Hewitt Jr and his large sum of money.

A $25,000 reward is being offered for information leading to the whereabouts of his son. A separate $5,000 reward for locating his son’s custom truck.

Sam Hewitt says Missing Son fell Victim to Gambling Ring - WLTZ

I know several members of this family and went to high school with Sammy. I keep hoping he is found, at least for his family's sake. It is not sounding good for him.

Oh gosh. I had a feeling it must be going this route but was hoping for his family this was not the case. :(

Missing Columbus man found dead of self-inflicted gunshot wound, sheriff says

The Columbus man missing since May was found dead of an apparently self-inflicted gunshot wound to head Saturday on family land in Cottonton, Ala.

[...]

Investigators brought the truck to the sheriff’s evidence bay and sent the body to the state crime lab for an autopsy, he said. The autopsy concluded Hewitt died of a self-inflicted wound, and authorities have found no evidence to the contrary, Taylor said.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back