GA - Sharia Lynch, 8, dies of gunshot wound, Paulding County, 17 Oct 2015

Discussion in 'Crimes-Spotlight on Children' started by los2188, Jan 20, 2016.

1. los2188

los2188 North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/authorities-georgia-woman-lied-daughter-died-36385150

2. Loading...

3. bluesneakers

bluesneakers Active Member

The mom lied about the gun falling off the table and going off, then authorities figured out it was her son. Now they think the shooting was accidental even though the gun was working properly.

My thoughts are the kid didn't check to see if the gun was loaded and shot his sister, or he knew it was loaded and shot her intentionality, or maybe he pointed it at her or something in the room and accidentally squeezed he trigger.

Did he mean to shoot the mother and the daughter was in the wrong place?

Whose gun is it?

I can think of so many possibilities.

What a situation to be in. Damn. :(

4. jjenny

jjenny Active Member

They aren't saying they think the shooting was accidental. They say they don't actually know the reason why the girl was shot.
    Son is charged with involuntary manslaughter (I presume because they don't think they have evidence to prove it was anything more than that).

"At this point, investigators say all they know is the original story they were told is not true, but they don't know and may never know why that semi-automatic handgun was pointed at the young girls head."

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/mother-questioned-about-gun-fell-shot-8-year-old/np7cf/

5. EllieBee

EllieBee Former Member

BBM
    All of which were so easily avoided.