KateB

Reaction score
MW5FzXe.jpg
tK3Ggd1.jpg

Shirley and Russell Dermond

Missing wife of decapitated Georgia man found dead in lake
By Chelsea J. Carter and AnneClaire Stapleton, CNN
updated 10:54 PM EDT, Fri May 16, 2014

Shirley Dermond's body was found in Lake Oconee, south of Athens, Putnam County Sheriff Howard Sills told reporters Friday.

"We now, unfortunately, know that Shirley Dermond was murdered," Sills said. Sills declined to discuss the condition of the body other than to say, "the head was not removed or anything like that.

"We haven't even had a funeral for Russell because their kids wanted to wait. Now that we know about Shirley, we will start planning the funeral services for both.

GA GA - Shirley Dermond, 87, Putnam County **Media Links***NO DISCUSSION*** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Thread #1 Thread #2
Thread #3 Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7 Thread #8
Thread #9Thread#10
Thread #11 - GA - GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - #11
Thread #12 - GA - GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - #12

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Everyone,

Websleuths Presents Into the Case Podcast premiers tomorrow night.

This is very exciting. Our case for season 1 is the murder of Russell and Shirley Dermond.

What makes this exciting is this is the first podcast where members of Websleuths will be actively involved in helping Levi and me shake loose, hopefully, some clues in this very strange.

Levi and I will be in Eatonton for the first few days of February to ask people some questions and talk to the locals.

Check out the podcast thread RIGHT HERE

This picture is the neighbor house across the cove that I keep referring too.

TWO were out of town?? Which other was out of town besides Maples on the D's street?

SO you are saying the one on the dead end of the cove had the best view of the cove and dermonds property???

Thanks

Attachments

• 7502146B-5099-4DDA-A1C0-26E9BCF2F216.jpeg
    7502146B-5099-4DDA-A1C0-26E9BCF2F216.jpeg
    87.3 KB · Views: 81
GOD KNOWS, I and everyone here HOPES SS will solve it this month, not sure what prompted that prediction!

Did your jetski drag any TJ? In the cove I mean?

Still though, as dark as it was, who would really notice AND.......something I havent thought of before, was anyone HOME a the houses across the cove? I mean people DO sit on the docks at night and well after midnight, for whatever reason so they ran the risk of being seen that way

BUt as far as hearing anything, naw, any boater can make quiet one way or another, I've had my motor go out and we rowed our pontoon 1/2 a mile LOL.....so there's THAT too

SO as far as draft.........if they beached a pontoon, that's fine if it was too shallow, easy to push off, I have done ours myself........also though.........a fishing boat or flat bottom boat can probalby get in easier

HEY YOU KNOW what?! Maybe thats why they didnt take RD! NO ROOM in the boat! Had to use a small boat to get in there and then something unforseen happened and had to behead him because they couldnt and hadnt planned on taking him, only her to slow down the investigation........

, I dont think they'd behead him without reason though, Im not really sure about the bullet scenario...........not enough if any gunspatter and I think they were both killed in the garage, or she was in shock and led out after midnight or atleast at dark

NOW

WE NEED YOU TO BOAT DOWN THERE AFTER DARK AND TELL US THAT EXPERIENCE;):D[/QUOTE

I don’t think the perps used a pontoon boat, as they are too large and too slow. I can say this because tennispro did the tour of the cove behind the Dermonds, and he kept emphasizing how small and narrow it was. Someone had to know where they were going, I don’t think it was a random intruder.

IMHO

I don’t think the perps used a pontoon boat, as they are too big and slow. According to tennispro, the cove behind the Dermonds is quite small and narrow. Someone knew where they were going, I don’t think it was a random intruder.

IMHO

This person that lived here was gone per my understanding. Dancin I think you might have solved the reason both bodies weren’t taken. No way they could fit! No way!

Going back in that cove at night would be scary. I’m not afraid of much but that would be scary. I would or will do it but I might get to someone ride with me.

The house across the cove might be the reason they didn’t go back. It would be extremely easy to tell at night if someone was home or not. It’s very open with tons of natural light.

No dragging of my jet ski but when I checked the depth it was more shallow back there than anticipated.

Attachments

• C63309F5-07A8-407B-96E9-5714C74588B1.jpeg
    C63309F5-07A8-407B-96E9-5714C74588B1.jpeg
    144.7 KB · Views: 47
( :lurk: )

eta:
This person that lived here was gone per my understanding. Dancin I think you might have solved the reason both bodies weren’t taken. No way they could fit! No way!

Going back in that cove at night would be scary. I’m not afraid of much but that would be scary. I would or will do it but I might get to someone ride with me.

The house across the cove might be the reason they didn’t go back. It would be extremely easy to tell at night if someone was home or not. It’s very open with tons of natural light.

No dragging of my jet ski but when I checked the depth it was more shallow back there than anticipated.

(Are you sleuthing on your jet ski? Lol)

TJTennispro why do you think the end of August this will be solved? If I asked you before I don't remember your reply and yes i'm too lazy to look back on the comments lol.

I’m actually not 100% sure which house Mills owns. I was under the impression it was the dock down past the Dermond’s in the cove but it could be the one closer to the lake. I was told nobody was at either house on the Dermond’s side but that’s not uncommon as most people don’t live at their lake house. Some obviously do but when I’m not at my lake house I’m not out of town.

If someone owns a lake house and regular house I assume when they say out of town they’re somewhere other than one of the two houses they own. Semantics at that point.

Attachments

• F3E99076-CD22-4B7F-A99F-0A6F231E68A4.jpeg
    F3E99076-CD22-4B7F-A99F-0A6F231E68A4.jpeg
    129.3 KB · Views: 25
That was just a guess based on a known forensic accountant being asked to look into it and chatter around the community getting quite. It was just a hunch.

TJTennispro why do you think the end of August this will be solved? If I asked you before I don't remember your reply and yes i'm too lazy to look back on the comments lol.

Maples owns the house next to the dermond's but there is an empty lot between them and that's the Rockstar lol...who was that?
Maples was in Asia, may have had lawn maintenance at her place and possibly a maid coming and going
I understand and the only other houses would be those across from the Cove that you posted pictures of ....because there's no other houses around the dermonds cul-de-sac
I’m actually not 100% sure which house Mills owns. I was under the impression it was the dock down past the Dermond’s in the cove but it could be the one closer to the lake. I was told nobody was at either house on the Dermond’s side but that’s not uncommon as most people don’t live at their lake house. Some obviously do but when I’m not at my lake house I’m not out of town.

If someone owns a lake house and regular house I assume when they say out of town they’re somewhere other than one of the two houses they own. Semantics at that point.

The Cove actually doesn't look that bad how far deep in is this picture?

I think I could get my pontoon in there some of them are long and some of them are not so they can do lots of things people don't realizeand people ski behind them and they have all sized motors and you can back them so you don't have to turn around

However I'd like to see a picture coming into the Cove with both sides of the shoreline showing

This picture is the neighbor house across the cove that I keep referring too.
THis one.......
Google Maps

And was that hidden old dock deeper in the cove, the only other dock?

Looked like they could get past teh Dermonds dock though, did YOU?

You know they could have used the Maples dock if they knew she was out of town

WHO would know that?

Also, a small flat bottom boat would be hell going 5 miles down the river, back and forth, with a body in it

I dont know what they used but I can still see a pontoon being used, easier to hide the body

but if you want to look like a real night fisherman, I'd say a fishing boat of any style, those you cant hide a body behind as easily.....like the wall on the deck of the pontoon though

If the cove is so tight as you say, I guess a pontoon would be way more conspicuous, if taken in there

Unless they used the neighbors boat dock and walked over

Maybe that was the "man on the lawn"???

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77