GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam Co, 2 May 2014 - #13

I also found something in FL, some guy who had quite a list of aliases, one of which was Shatik Hinnit, but none which were Troy Major.

'Guess we've found the same guy (AF) :)

I assume they convicted the correct killer. I would think Grady Harris was able to identify him (whatever the name/alias). But, who knows?!

Thank you for noting/posting about the witness identification and the convicted. It's interesting!

'Guess we've found the same guy (AF) :)

I assume they convicted the correct killer. I would think Grady Harris was able to identify him (whatever the name/alias). But, who knows?!

Thank you for noting/posting about the witness identification and the convicted. It's interesting!
I can't seem to find info on any of the other names mentioned.

Wondering how close this mansion is to the D. mansion?
Man accused of killing friend inside Lake Oconee mansion: "I remember..."
•Sep 21, 2018
Unsure how much Direct tv costs..
https://www.directv.com/tv/Real-Lif...-Lake-Oconee-WGJKUlQyWWN0WVlXMGkxN3B0NStHQT09
''Real Life Nightmare
S2 E1:Murders on Lake Oconee
Watch the full episode online.''

Available on:
First Aired: November 8th, 2020
TVPGSeries, Mystery/Crime, News, InterestsSeries
Russell Dermond's headless body is discovered in the garage of his million-dollar lakefront mansion; his wife, Shirley, is found floating dead in the water, her ankles tethered with cinder blocks.

•Sep 21, 2018
https://www.directv.com/tv/Real-Lif...-Lake-Oconee-WGJKUlQyWWN0WVlXMGkxN3B0NStHQT09
''Real Life Nightmare

Available on:
Russell Dermond's headless body is discovered in the garage of his million-dollar lakefront mansion; his wife, Shirley, is found floating dead in the water, her ankles tethered with cinder blocks.

There is a thread for thread for that other Lake Oconee case:

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...ensboro-ga-denied-bail-awaiting-trial.390822/

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone else see this?!

Former Baldwin Co. resident charged in bizarre murder

DEVEREUX, Ga. — A 33-year-old man who formerly lived in Baldwin County was charged with malice murder over the weekend following the discovery of a dismembered body in a plastic bag outside a residence in the Devereux community of Hancock County on Friday night, authorities say.

The suspect was identified as Christopher Collin Demmon, according to a press release from the Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI).

Putnam County Sheriff Howard R. Sills said Demmond was a suspect in a theft case that happened back in February.

Sills said Demmond “was and is” a suspect in a theft from a residence in Putnam County.

“I learned that a body had been dismembered,” Sills said. “Obviously, anytime there is a report of some sort of dismemberment of a body, I get interested.”

Sills is working on an unsolved double-slaying case involving Russell and Shirley Dermond that happened several years ago at Great Waters, located at Reynolds of Lake Oconee in Putnam County. In that case, Russell Dermond was beheaded.

Yes, it is a good catch.

The victim has now been identified, is a resident of Eatonton and has family in Putnam County. He has served time in prison.

The suspect has a long arrest history including cases in Putnam County and also served time in prison.

Were they partners in crime and had a falling out? We need to check the timeline to see if it's possible that either could have been on the loose at the time of the Dermond murders? Also, since they found a bloody chainsaw in the suspect's truck, I wonder if the victim was the one proficient with a knife/scalpel?

Georgia man allegedly dismembered in Hancock County: What we know | 13wmaz.com

Yes indeed a good catch. Very interesting considering a dearth in any new information. What will crack this case is somebody talking, and given the number of people involved that horrific day the chances are good.

Yes, it is a good catch.

The victim has now been identified, is a resident of Eatonton and has family in Putnam County. He has served time in prison.

The suspect has a long arrest history including cases in Putnam County and also served time in prison.

Were they partners in crime and had a falling out? We need to check the timeline to see if it's possible that either could have been on the loose at the time of the Dermond murders? Also, since they found a bloody chainsaw in the suspect's truck, I wonder if the victim was the one proficient with a knife/scalpel?

Georgia man allegedly dismembered in Hancock County: What we know | 13wmaz.com

From your link "Florida records show that he was released from prison about seven months after serving five years for arrests stemming from 2015."

It sounds like he was free in 2014.

May 2021 rbbm.
Sills hopeful new lead may lead to Dermonds’ killers
60996f5885d27.image.jpg

Authorities say the killer or killers of Russell and Shirley Dermond seven years ago in Putnam County either passed through the main security checkpoint in the gated community of Great Waters at Reynolds Lake Oconee or they came by way of water.''

“I’ve been working on some technological things that did not exist in 2014,” Sills told The Union-Recorder during a recent interview. “And I have obtained some data that, with the help of the FBI, we have analyzed.''

''One came to his attention through a tip involving a real estate developer-turned serial killer.

That man was Todd Kohlhepp. Between 2003 and 2016, he confessed to killing seven people in South Carolina. He pleaded guilty in court to seven counts of murder, two counts of kidnapping, and one count of criminal sexual assault. He was sentenced to serve seven consecutive life prison terms.

“I cannot actually say he never came here or didn’t on the night the Dermonds were killed, but talking with law enforcement officials in South Carolina and all, there’s nothing we could come up with that linked him to this area at the time of their deaths,” Sills said.''

“I still think that the killers came there to get something from the Dermonds, and either the Dermonds wouldn’t give it to them or they didn’t have it to give to them,” Sills said. “That’s what I think.”

He also theorized that the killings could have possibly been due to some type of grudge from many years ago.''

Born Killer

1*yHEmoUdLE0m2npyg_N5dzw.png

Todd Kohlhepp mugshot in 1987 | Source: That Chapter on YouTube
1*_EmDl9r77jLKlXtp49Hx9Q.png

Todd Kohlhepp | Source: Serial Killers Documentaries on YouTube

Last edited:
Why wasn't the house ransacked? HS opines the murderer(s) could have been holding an old grudge. Maybe they sought the location of somebody from the Dermonds.

I recall the only thing taken from the home was a table lamp that was moved to the garage. Seems to me that the murderer did not want to be detected -- not even using the overhead lights inside the garage. MOO
The lamp shade was askew IIRC......

the time spent at the location beheading him in the garage and the time spent motoring her down the river to the popular fishing hole, indicates the familiarity of the perps to the property and lake......they knew them IMO

•Sep 21, 2018
''Real Life Nightmare

Available on:
right across the lake in green county

May 2021 rbbm.
Sills hopeful new lead may lead to Dermonds’ killers
60996f5885d27.image.jpg

Authorities say the killer or killers of Russell and Shirley Dermond seven years ago in Putnam County either passed through the main security checkpoint in the gated community of Great Waters at Reynolds Lake Oconee or they came by way of water.''

“I’ve been working on some technological things that did not exist in 2014,” Sills told The Union-Recorder during a recent interview. “And I have obtained some data that, with the help of the FBI, we have analyzed.''

''One came to his attention through a tip involving a real estate developer-turned serial killer.

That man was Todd Kohlhepp. Between 2003 and 2016, he confessed to killing seven people in South Carolina. He pleaded guilty in court to seven counts of murder, two counts of kidnapping, and one count of criminal sexual assault. He was sentenced to serve seven consecutive life prison terms.

“I cannot actually say he never came here or didn’t on the night the Dermonds were killed, but talking with law enforcement officials in South Carolina and all, there’s nothing we could come up with that linked him to this area at the time of their deaths,” Sills said.''

“I still think that the killers came there to get something from the Dermonds, and either the Dermonds wouldn’t give it to them or they didn’t have it to give to them,” Sills said. “That’s what I think.”

He also theorized that the killings could have possibly been due to some type of grudge from many years ago.''

Born Killer

1*yHEmoUdLE0m2npyg_N5dzw.png

Todd Kohlhepp mugshot in 1987 | Source: That Chapter on YouTube
1*_EmDl9r77jLKlXtp49Hx9Q.png

Todd Kohlhepp | Source: Serial Killers Documentaries on YouTube

I dont think they'd go to the trouble to NOT ransack the house if they were looking for something......but instead behead him and haul her down river

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back