GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Within a couple hours of this call they drug boats, and also used sonar equipment in the lake.
Within an hour of the call cadaver dogs were used in the area adjacent to their home.

Sheriff says there's nothing to tell us if this it came from the water or the street.

Treelights, thank you for sharing the presser summary!

Sheriff says this is the most frustrating homicide he has worked.

There's already a thread about this crime in our Missing forum. :)

False rumors are being spread about, but Sheriff says people aren't panicked.

Sheriff hopes Shirley is alive, but he is not overly optimistic because of what happened to her husband.

hhhmmmm-----I see Macys and I think woman or purchases for a woman...........and I also first thought we may be looking at murder/suicide especially given the ages of the couple.

back to reading.....

Sheriff says that boats can be out on the lake at 2am because people do fish the lake, but they are even checking into those calls about people seeing boats.

Almost all the people that live in these neighborhoods have " lawn people", and they have talked to those people.

I lost my feed....
Anybody else able to view the press conference?

Hickory born---welcome and your post at 55--thank you and MERCY!!!! It is gruesome----beheading is personal, leaves alot of blood, takes alot of strength and time--who ever did this really knew the victim--and had the time and privacy to do it

Sheriff does not think this is a random incident.

I totally agree. Wonder if either M/M Dermond said something to someone that ticked them off. IMO this is a retaliation crime, showing power over these two individuals.

I guess the type of clothes Russell was wearing can help indicate that as well as the state of the kitchen-plates out for lunch-smell of cawfee and what about the garbage???? Still in house , taken away???

"cleanest house I've ever been in" (para.)----possibly Russell was beheaded, head brought to Shirley as a threat or sje witnessed the beheading, home cleaned by killer and killer took Shirley---sweet Jesus I could cry right now for this couple.

apologies sweetlings--am sure I am repeating others posts

I lost my feed....
Anybody else able to view the press conference?
Lost mine also. Weather screen up now so maybe they lost their on location signal?
I didn't hear any new information; just the sheriff confirming some of the details already reported from "sources."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow