GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, IIRC correctly, their grandchildren were young. Maybe one or two were college age, but that was the oldest.

Really! That's surprising, given the Dermond's ages.
You're right. But I seem to recall pictures on one of the son's FB had pictures of his children who were young. (I was surprised to see that the son would display his family so prominently after his parent's vicious murders but the pictures did disappear not long after that as I recall. I wonder if he was sternly advised that displaying children on a FB page after what appeared to be a hit on the parents was a very bad idea.) And I would agree wholeheartedly with that.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

SWORN: a podcast coming out on this case this wednesday on itunes I think.. Go to upandvanished.com episode 20, the tail end at 40 or something, gives some more info on it, I was so excited I havent even tried to upload anything before i could tell you all about it................Payne Lindsey got Tara Grinstead case stirred up last Aug or so and he is very detail oriented, LOVE His pods, not sure if he or one of his partners are doing the podcast on the dermonds, I wrote in requesting this one as Im sure many must have as well.......can't wait!! Maybe SS will WANT to give more info now so he'll be real popular LOL

SWORN: a podcast coming out on this case this wednesday on itunes I think.. Go to upandvanished.com episode 20, the tail end at 40 or something, gives some more info on it, I was so excited I havent even tried to upload anything before i could tell you all about it................Payne Lindsey got Tara Grinstead case stirred up last Aug or so and he is very detail oriented, LOVE His pods, not sure if he or one of his partners are doing the podcast on the dermonds, I wrote in requesting this one as Im sure many must have as well.......can't wait!! Maybe SS will WANT to give more info now so he'll be real popular LOL
https://www.swornpodcast.com/

and facebook.com search SWORN

https://www.swornpodcast.com/

and facebook.com search SWORN

looks like this cast will pod on many cases, possibly more the law enforcement side of things but well we can dream, hopefully well get some new info on the D's if nothing else.....we need a podcast dedicated to the D's case, I really really like the way Payne Lindsey did Tara Grinsteads podcast and it's still ongoing, getting deeper each time

I was SO excited to hear this case will be discussed in SWORN! Looking forward to the podcast launch this week!

is there a video or is it just audio. I was just getting to the good part and it ended so I assume that was a long trailer I just heard

is there a video or is it just audio. I was just getting to the good part and it ended so I assume that was a long trailer I just heard

swornpodast.com, next episode, SS opened up the files, can't wait to see whats new

It's just horrible. I have family and friends all over the state and everyone is on edge about this. :(

Putnam just keeps getting in the news..............i havent been back for a year to our lake place.............thankfully im in Utah during this time, so worried about my friends in the area and north of putnam though......praying they find them without anyone being harmed

Some new or clarified points I got from swornpodcast...........1- the kitchen has things scattered about......2-bed was unmade.............3-Mr D had t shirt on and cut was along his shirts neckline............4-SS said he's certain the murder was on Saturday,,,,,,5,-decapitation was after Mr D's death, likely decapitated in garage as towels were placed around the bloodly area to keep it from running out garage door........though it was pooled at this head and neck area, it wasn't spattered since the heart wasn't pumping upon decap,,,,,,,,as SS said, they did not want him discovered right away ,......48 hours, most critical.........atleast 72 or more had passed since the murder and discovery on Tues

So far, it appears she worked fridays puzzle, saturday morning something occurred after Mrs D was up and dressed, they had breakfast and coffee going and Mr D maybe hadn't been risen long possibly since bed was unmade. Saturday is not a day a robber would arrive since most are done when no one is home, that would be on a workday unless they knew their victims schedule purposely so it appears as we all think........they were targeted, whoever came up, the D"s or Mrs D, felt unthreatened for whatever reason............can't wait for next episode

Some new or clarified points I got from swornpodcast...........1- the kitchen has things scattered about......2-bed was unmade.............3-Mr D had t shirt on and cut was along his shirts neckline............4-SS said he's certain the murder was on Saturday,,,,,,5,-decapitation was after Mr D's death, likely decapitated in garage as towels were placed around the bloodly area to keep it from running out garage door........though it was pooled at this head and neck area, it wasn't spattered since the heart wasn't pumping upon decap,,,,,,,,as SS said, they did not want him discovered right away ,......48 hours, most critical.........atleast 72 or more had passed since the murder and discovery on Tues

So far, it appears she worked fridays puzzle, saturday morning something occurred after Mrs D was up and dressed, they had breakfast and coffee going and Mr D maybe hadn't been risen long possibly since bed was unmade. Saturday is not a day a robber would arrive since most are done when no one is home, that would be on a workday unless they knew their victims schedule purposely so it appears as we all think........they were targeted, whoever came up, the D"s or Mrs D, felt unthreatened for whatever reason............can't wait for next episode

Yesterdays swornpodcast............newly gleaned information or atleast clarity............Mr D was in his t shirt boxers, robe and slippers, the cut was along his t shirt neck line he was wearing....
Man on the lawn was a white male and was seen saturday afternoon, no exact time was given, had it been early it could have been Mr Dermond but he was in pj's still when found, its likely one of the perps, since no one has come forward it must be someone involved in the murders....and was likely not Mr D as it appeared they'd all just risen which would surely be before afternoon time..........
She was taken by boat, no doubt to the location she was found, the body cannot float that far in the river, it would have moved no more than 100 yds in the lakes condition and her being anchored, the cinder blocks were wrapped in netting, likely fishnet?, or unless a lawn man, maybe bird netting?, and blocks were 60 lbs.....
allegedly a concrete man on their to do list for repairing driveway was never called by the D's, he would have cinder blocks but no motive there likely......
nothing was taken, so now we know there were things of value and some cash in the house still there when the body was discovered.....
Kitchen door was the door unlocked when the friends 2 miles away (who attended derby party) came by and searched the house, they were waiting on front porch when the cops arrived.....SS says there was no disturbance of crime scene by friends, (i would think fingerprints on doors maybe would be), SS says they have a truckload of prints taken from home but stated very few cases are solved on fingerprints alone......still.........
Garage door was shut, house was completely undisturbed (i had heard/read that a lampshade was askew but dont know if that was true)
closets were immaculate so nothing likely stolen there
---------------------------

questions still .....

Clearly someone came to purposely kill them as we've all concluded
Who would gain?
Did she know them?
was she lured to the dock and hit? possibly not since it was daylight
Did she unlock the kitchen door for them to enter?
Had the man on the lawn scene by neighbors on cove, possibly just arrived?? was he dark haired or gray haired?
Being lakeside, did they come by boat? no mention of suspicious boat
Clearly they knew THE D's friends would be at the derby part or preparing for that event and that they had no RIDE with friends to the party and that they'd be home alone with no guests arriving and no weekend visitors and that the neighbor next door was in ASIA
Perps knew no one would stop by during the time of the party
Did they hang around all day to carry her to the boat that maybe came back later to pick them up as lingering in the cove all day would be suspicious
Did they arrive by car knowing that they had no neighbors that weekend since neighbors on left were in Asia
Did the perps have to give a name and ID to enter at gate, IF NOT, no problems leaving with a body since you dont check in at gate when you leave
Easier to come by boat without anyone checking ID or seeing car and tag number
The perps knew the first 48 was most critical why i feel they confused the case by the beheading and abduction, both have caused great confusion to this case
Did the daughter ever call the D's after the Derby was over to chat about this since she was there not 2 weeks ago and is a big derby fan and traveled to KY to this years KY Derby event?
There was an anwered email on friday but did any family email them after the derby event and if never receiving a reply, did they try to call?
Sorry for the long post, Im sure ive left something out BUT

IT'S CLEAR THAT WHOEVER PLANNED THIS HAD DETAILED INFORMATION ABOUT THE D'S SITUATION FOR THAT WEEKEND AND THAT THE PERPS WOULD NOT BE DISTURBED DURING THE COMMISSION OF THIS CRIME

WHO... MIGHT have KNOWN ALL THIS PERTINENT INFORMATION ON THE D'S FOR THAT DAY?

I think we all know ..........or atleast highly suspect

Did the Dermond's take the boat out at any time the week before the murders?
A possible ruse to use to get Shirley to the dock was that someone came and said they left something in the boat from a trip together.

Yesterdays swornpodcast............newly gleaned information or atleast clarity............Mr D was in his t shirt boxers, robe and slippers, the cut was along his t shirt neck line he was wearing....
Man on the lawn was a white male and was seen saturday afternoon, no exact time was given, had it been early it could have been Mr Dermond but he was in pj's still when found, its likely one of the perps, since no one has come forward it must be someone involved in the murders....and was likely not Mr D as it appeared they'd all just risen which would surely be before afternoon time..........
She was taken by boat, no doubt to the location she was found, the body cannot float that far in the river, it would have moved no more than 100 yds in the lakes condition and her being anchored, the cinder blocks were wrapped in netting, likely fishnet?, or unless a lawn man, maybe bird netting?, and blocks were 60 lbs.....
allegedly a concrete man on their to do list for repairing driveway was never called by the D's, he would have cinder blocks but no motive there likely......
nothing was taken, so now we know there were things of value and some cash in the house still there when the body was discovered.....
Kitchen door was the door unlocked when the friends 2 miles away (who attended derby party) came by and searched the house, they were waiting on front porch when the cops arrived.....SS says there was no disturbance of crime scene by friends, (i would think fingerprints on doors maybe would be), SS says they have a truckload of prints taken from home but stated very few cases are solved on fingerprints alone......still.........
Garage door was shut, house was completely undisturbed (i had heard/read that a lampshade was askew but dont know if that was true)
closets were immaculate so nothing likely stolen there

It would also be interesting to know who was at that party. Was it only people from inside the gated community or did others also attend. Those people would also know the Dermonds plans for weekend possibly. I think whoever did this was hired so could it have been someone also attending the party that wanted revenge and also to send others a message. I just still feel that there is a message being sent in this murder and just don't see how someone in the family would need to do that. Still not convinced at this point, and also if the daughter is attending the derby, she is probably doing some other things, some touring, shopping, a little mini - vacation and had planned to call them early week, but do we know she did not call? I just have this feeling that we are missing something that may be right under some noses...

Did the Dermond's take the boat out at any time the week before the murders?
A possible ruse to use to get Shirley to the dock was that someone came and said they left something in the boat from a trip together.

The Dermonds dont have a boat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member