GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm rereading a recent story on the Dermond murders and i'm now thinking by the description of the reporter this beheading was done in the garage . I always thought this murder happened at the house as nobody would risk leaving and then coming back the chances of being seen is too risky. The reporter mentions the man seen on the lawn and he interviewed him but he's not a suspect. When was this person on the lawn and why was he there seems kind of odd he is not a suspect. Why is this person not a suspect? Can anyone find out which day this person was spotted on the lawn? This is why I always reread things I've learned more from reading this the 2nd time than I did from the 1st read.
long while back I surmised it was Saturday, noonish give or take a few hours but you might wanna dig but IM quite certain it was Saturday, I don't think there ever was a man on the lawn..........SS cant say there is a MAN on the lawn and have no description for four damn years no one saw another damned thing but it was a man, there had to be some distinquishing feature, nothing was said he was shirtless, bald or whatever to ID that it was a MAN...........anD NOW after four years he suddenly said that he interviewed him tho all along he wanted to find him and considered him a suspect...........THERE WAS NO MAN ON THE LAWN

well doggie.......from ancestry.com.........

When Mark Christian Dermond was born on August 30, 1953, in Georgia, his father, Russell, was 27 and his mother, Shirley, was 27. He had 2 children. He died on August 30, 2000, in Atlanta, Georgia, at the age of 47.

parents Russell and Shirley dermond who died Putnam co ga

well well........from ancestry.com

When Mark Christian Dermond was born on August 30, 1953, in Georgia, his father, Russell, was 27 and his mother, Shirley, was 27. He had 2 children. He died on August 30, 2000, in Atlanta, Georgia, at the age of 47.

parents RD and SD died Putnam co ga

so there it is.........heck they would be likely over 40 by now, mixed up with the their own wrong crowd, rubbing elbows with God only knows who

so there it is.........heck they would be likely over 40 by now, mixed up with the their own wrong crowd, rubbing elbows with God only knows who
says he had a spouse too but it says he lived in phoenix AZ altho he died in atlanta..........the spouse and child/ren...shows one but the story I posted says 2.....but since they are living, it doesn't give names or dates or places.......but shows 2 spouses

HAVE FUN WITH THAT

Mark Christian Dermond

Spouses

Don't forget there was netting used, I don't think it ever said exactly what kind but I guess we can surmise FISH netting...…which isn't used in these GA lakes
NOW after four , FOUR YEARS, we know it is NOT fish netting...…...unless that too is a lie......this is ridiculous...…..anyway, they are RED cinder blocks, possibly no holes but solid due to the bags being used to hold them...….what is a parachute cord?

Prior it was reported that they weighed 15 lbs each? 30 lbs total...….

below it implies it is NOT a laundry bag but slightly larger than one but also implies the same material with the comparison...…..are those used for camping? DUnk bags?

SO they are campers and had them with them already and already HAD the red cinder blocks and opted to use them cuz really WHO shops for solid blocks to weight a body with mesh bags when you can just buy more cinder blocks with holes and a rope...……

WAS IT THE THREE STOOGES? WOW

GONE COLD | A lake with no leads: Who killed the Dermonds?

EATONTON, Ga. — Investigators in the year-old murder of an elderly Georgia couple would like to learn more about a man spotted on the lawn of the murder victims, the sheriff investigating the case said Tuesday.

"I consider (him) a suspect myself," said Putnam County Sheriff Howard Sills. "But that's all I'll say about it. We had a witness that saw him out there."

Sills would not elaborate, nor would he provide a description of the man.

The case of Russell and Shirley Dermond remains unsolved.

I'm just thinking it could be a grand kid who had a friend or 2 help and maybe the grand kid was the man on the lawn. I guess it's possible since the oldest grand son lived in Atlanta it wouldn't be that far of a drive
My view of Dermond grandchildren was always that they are too young and too young to do this or would make a mess at the crime scene or be angry, I guess the angry part was the beheading, ANYWAY, Mark Dermond's children could very well be in their 40's now SOO there's that, and possibly with criminal backgrounds or atleast running with shady crowds...….. if ancestry is correct but someone put that information on there that he had 2 children and married twice

weighted with blue gray mesh bags slightly larger than a laundry bag, slightly larger than which ones.…...with parachute cord

IT was mo and curly and larry………….

again…...did they WANT HER FOUND? but not right away? what was rwong with cinder blocks with holes and rope...….clearly that would have held longer, especially MORE cinder blocks or something else, even an anchor, if they knew she would never be found they would not trace it to anyone

again, did they want her found? Wouldn't rope last longer than mesh and bungee/parachute cord?

Or was it idiots, this again, is why it was stated for every thing professional there was something as equally UNprofessional in this crime

Does that imply UNprofessionals? Or professionals who knew how to make it look like something its not and to figure on her being found

with this trust they dermonds allegedly have, if she wasn't found, would the family have been able to proceed with business as usual with the dermonds trust account? OR would it have stopped everything in its tracks until both were found?

GRRRRRRRR

IM thinking the man on the lawn was a decoy so the perps would think SS had SOMETHING on them to scare them into making a move or mistake or to scare someone forward who KNEW who the perps were but not involved

I asked awhile back if Mark D had any children. Mark would be in his late 60's and his kids in their 40's. Did SS question all the grandkids? They should have been this is 2 relative's MURDERS!
I remember people asking about Mark Dermond and I and possible children, yeah I was always of the notion they were college age or younger as the others are, but Marks might be older, he was the eldest son....I still feel whatever happened it's a family connection....but I never did my homework on mark dermond except finding his home locations which was mostly with his parents, the Dermonds, oh crap, there it is.....they knew some sorry exes of his and of children Im sure, anway, but I never saw he lived in phoenix Az though, like this ancestry states he did at one time...…….

But I still say that the time spent at the home, maybe not days but long hours still indicates the level of comfort someone felt in this place, they'd been there before IMO

Also they didn't take anything though, I would think someone this angry would steal some things that were obvious laying around, cash jewelry whatever and apparently did not

DO we think it would be angry for not being a part of their life or accepting them or extortion and they didn't have atm cards or still a hired hit by an angry grandchild?

I know someone said the granddaughter, with KD ex wife, was the one granchild that inherited but I don't know where that information was found

so if that's the only child that would gain then this wasn't done for the inheritance

but we still don't know and facts still trickling in for this case after FOUR long years, half truths, changed stories and out right lied to

What is the goal of this investigation? OR is there one!?

well doggie.......from ancestry.com.........

parents Russell and Shirley dermond who died Putnam co ga

Good detective work, dancin. Maybe one of these grandchildren was asking for financial help, and they became frustrated, and decided to take matters into their own hands. It’s thought provoking...

IMHO

SS said recently that the estate was split between the 3 surviving children equally. As always SS could be lying again who knows. I know this though, I feel like SS has wasted everyones time with his lies and I highly doubt he will ever solve this case. He's either been lying to reporters or they are his friends who have decided to play this game with him. If this is not a family member who killed them then it's a police officer and SS is covering it up which would explain why he doesn't want outside help

SS was so sure of himself in the beginning of his ability to solve this case! Was it that he had never lost a case?

People who brag like SS did, and still does, make me question why they feel the necessity to do it. Are they in a position that they know they are not qualified for? Such as this double murder where a man has been decapitated?

I have found it puzzling that the family has not pushed for answers. It makes me think there are more secrets hidden under the rug! Whether it is connected with Mark’s murder or something else, we may never know. I do feel the siblings are aware of what the motive was for their parents murder.

My opinion only.

Most of those murders SS solved were probably easy cases which murders typically are. Odd how the district attorney has never spoken about this murder you'd think he would want a big case like this solved . No other law enforcement agency has commented on it either. If this was my parents i'd either hire a private investigator or demand the GBI take over the case. In most states the state police will take over the case if it has stalled and the family requests another agency take it over.

Crime has just recently escalated in that county, before the last few years Ive seen it increase, before that it was country boy crime if any, population I read is just at or over 40k....the people on the lake make than double but are part time residents......and non criminal.....the case with YORK compound years ago was not a mystery, they just didn't want them in their town and then York was a criminal anyway......Foxfire had his suspicions of it connected to that...It does seem family knows more to be so quiet....why did KD not do the interview, he never wanted to be recorded and was always the spokesperson, makes me curious. Brad has been so quiet all along...Im sure this is a mysterious crime but lying to the public for four years is unacceptable, SS didn't even give us correct information to help keep our eyes out for a potential suspect..so disappointed we didn't know more early on, someone may have seen red cinder blocks on a boat or something else.....laundry bags or camping dunk bags....now it's forever lost...….it's clear the killers were familiar with the house and the area to LINGER LONGER....eery……FBI profiling states this, so if they were familiar with the area, didn't steal anything it is most likely connected in some way to family and people in family are so quiet about it all...….…probably looking at clues in front of our face and don't even know it....but..I think the one case made him overly confident...…..this is a very country town and country folks, small town crime....just GW has more money from out of towners...….ON the other hand SS may know its family connected....he may have used the lies in hopes to draw someone out...…..I hope he's having fun with his little games

Most of those murders SS solved were probably easy cases which murders typically are. Odd how the district attorney has never spoken about this murder you'd think he would want a big case like this solved . No other law enforcement agency has commented on it either. If this was my parents i'd either hire a private investigator or demand the GBI take over the case. In most states the state police will take over the case if it has stalled and the family requests another agency take it over.
I wrote to the DA months ago about his case when it came up here awhile back and have yet to hear anything in it's regard....may be just small town mentality, they do what the hell they want or in this case, nothing

And, possibly......
Came to ask for a loan from grandma and grandpa? It would be interesting to know if there are any drug related arrests in the area where these two grandchildren live in the years leading up to or following this crime? If MCD was living in Atlanta, near his parents, he may have been alienated from his children. In 2000, MCD was 47 (two grandchildren could have been 20-27 yrs. in 2000). In 2014, possible 34-41 yrs. Not mentioning any names as we don't know names. JMO etc. But would be interesting to be able to research crimes in AZ leading up to and since 2000 or so.

I have some relatives where the mother died and the grandparent's will had her portion go to split between her kids. Lots of people do this. Mark's children could have been getting his share. I can't see them deserting them, they are their flesh and blood. Not accusing them of anything at all just saying that is how some people do things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong