GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep it’s man made. I only know of two lakes that aren’t man made. You’ve got to think about fishing spots. Where do people fish? I’n a cove or on the main channel.

I’ve never seen an article refer to the exact location of the body. I’ve only got the word of people who own homes at the Lake.

I’ve never personally hit any trees on a boat or jet ski in 50-80 feet of water much less multiple trees. I’ve also never seen guys fishing in the main channel. Regardless unless SS comes on here and tells me I’m wrong then that’s where the body was found. Give or take 15 feet each way.

Isn't Lake Oconee man made?
Wouldn't there be trees under water just like at Lake Lanier, where bodies have been found tangled in trees underwater on several occasions.

JMO and watching local news here since 1984...

Hopefully this picture looks as similar to you as the one I posted. The location would be just out of the picture (bottom) Also it would make sense for the SUV’s seen near a peninsula.

Attachments

• 79EBD10D-88E7-4ACA-A26F-97849575530C.jpeg
    79EBD10D-88E7-4ACA-A26F-97849575530C.jpeg
    117.2 KB · Views: 31
Article about standing timber and or fishing in Lake Oconee

Lake Oconee

Crappie are in the treetops during hot weather

Depiction of standing timber along a channel in a lake.

Wood-Bass3.png

Last edited:
If the standing timber attract fishermen, why would anyone drop a body there to possibly be seen on a depth finder? I would think that more than likely the body was dropped up river and when the gases began to develop, it slowly drifted down the river under the surface until the rope or blocks tied to it were caught in the tree limbs.

Can anyone point me to a link that would tell me the exact location where SD body was found. I'm trying to find out about how far away from shore she was located.

Tennispro has provided a map that is marked with a X at the shoreline near Wallace Dam Rd. Was SD body found near the shoreline or out further into the channel (deep part of water)?

I'm looking for approximately how many feet away from that shoreline was her body located. Thanks to all in advance...
Investigators: Shirley Dermond died of blunt force trauma

The presser by SS in link above describes the area where SD body located around the 19:00 mark.

I also found entire video a good listen.

Wallace Dam and Lake Oconee Parkway are the roads he referenced which are ironically the roads on the map in my image. Dropped in the main channel and drifted towards tree line. I’ve said that’s where the DNR, police, etc were set up that day recovering the body. That’s all I can say about that. I don’t know anymore and I don’t think we will ever get exact gps location.

Knowing the area is helpful to solving the crime but wanting the exact location is irrelevant since that’s impossible to judge because where it was dropped obviously wasn’t the exact location it was found.

I personally feel SS knows who did this and why they did this. I said it many times a good cop always has someone he suspects and the last podcast confirmed he thinks 2 people had ties to this brutal double murder. He also said he has something the killers left behind so he certainly has a good idea of who it is but for some reason needs a witness or confession to make the charges stick. Does anyone know when the next podcast is due out?

I personally feel SS knows who did this and why they did this. I said it many times a good cop always has someone he suspects and the last podcast confirmed he thinks 2 people had ties to this brutal double murder. He also said he has something the killers left behind so he certainly has a good idea of who it is but for some reason needs a witness or confession to make the charges stick. Does anyone know when the next podcast is due out?
I've recently joined this case.

Are there links to previous podcasts in this thread?

Who produces them? Thanks for any information.

I thought there was a local (GA) attorney doing a series of podcasts on crimes in this state including Dermond murders. I wasn't aware that WS was doing anything on this -- thanks so much.
Listen to the Sworn Episode - The Lake Oconee Murders : Part 1 on iHeartRadio | iHeartRadio

There are 3 parts to this podcast by Phillip Holloway. This may be what you are thinking of.

This is another podcast about the Dermonds that you may like:
'Murder at Great Waters' Podcast, Part 1

If presumably the attackers/killers were GONE from the scene as quickly as possible, why care about the blood seeping out from under the garage door? What reason is there for postponing the discovery of this event? It looks like the home was fairly secluded.. perhaps the postal person would have been first to see anything - but what is the issue with it being reported and discovered on next mail day?
The issue was that is was the DAY Of the Derby party? Fear someone would come looking? They needed a get away and 48 hr window,seems they knew what they were doing. They knew it would be discovered but didnt want it discovered right away, they werent worried about the mailman, he usually doesnt come down the drive anyway

I thought there was a local (GA) attorney doing a series of podcasts on crimes in this state including Dermond murders. I wasn't aware that WS was doing anything on this -- thanks so much.
Payne Lindsey with Ga atty PH did but it wasnt investigative, just a short podcast on what was already known

If the standing timber attract fishermen, why would anyone drop a body there to possibly be seen on a depth finder? I would think that more than likely the body was dropped up river and when the gases began to develop, it slowly drifted down the river under the surface until the rope or blocks tied to it were caught in the tree limbs.
i had a lawn chair under my dock for 4 years......current moves floating things on top but not so much underneath, I used a cinderblock to anchor my jet ski, it never moved but a few feet for years

FinePrint may have been wondering if there was an access to that from land.....which was determined then there was not but who knows now......... Dont be rude, you just came on this case as well, sorry,didnt mean to be rude

It was in a stand of trees where she was found about 5 miles from their home, just past the last bend down river before Lawrence Shoals boat ramp..... I posted this many months or a year ago. IT can be found online Im sure or on WS, shows the water depts and trees......IIRC it was not as deep as was mentioned by SS but Im going from memory at this point...........its been a while I posted that

Not to be rude but I’ve shown you. Do you think a tree line magically grows in the middle of a lake? Could my mark be off a 5-10 feet in one direction or another. Yes. Could it be off by more than 25 feet? Not likely unless you think the people on the lake that day all lied to me.

I posted earlier what was a through description but then you misread my post. So I decided since I’ve been their on multiple occasions a map would help.

Now you want the exact GPS coordinates? Do you have a theory? I’m not mapping the exact gps coordinates of that area. I’m not giving them out in May when I put the Go Pro on my head either because the body got placed their by water.

I guess I’m just confused at this point with the requests. Three parties know the exact location. Sheriff Sills, the perps and the fishermen who found the body. I believe they’re polygraphed at some point also.

SS said he has some evidence that he hasn’t released yet. Maybe something in that location is what he is referring too because he has always been vague about two things. What the neighbor saw and the location of SD body. Heck he even forget in the podcast how many days later it was discovered.

IMO

I didn’t mean to offend you in anyway. I was not asking you this question exclusively. Perhaps other members have information on this topic they would be willing to share.

I said “Can anyone” I did not say “Can you, tennispro”

SS said she was dumped in Deep water (channel) which according to Lake Oconee Topo map is some 800 feet off shore. He also said her body was tangled up in some tree branches.

Either her body was located in the channel about 800 feet off shore or she was located closer to shore where the tree line is.

I don’t think tree lines “magically grow in the middle of the lake” but SS must!

Of course I’m working on a theory, why else would I be here!

Thanks for your help
LOL........I commented on this too in response to his comment........see if that info helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong