GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - #12

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by KateB, May 16, 2015.

1. hockeyguy33

hockeyguy33 Well-Known Member

The beauty of security cameras is the get video footage, the nice thing is once recorded with the proper software you can zoom in so the camera doesn't have to be top of the line but the software you use has to be good when you upload it on your computer and zoom in. Wireless cameras have been out for over a decade they just weren't as common as they are today. I'm sure even in the south they had wireless cameras available. That will be my only comment as far as cameras i'm done with that subject

2. dancinunderthemoon

dancinunderthemoon Well-Known Member

YUP, we's heah in tha sout aint too fer behind in tha nation

3. dancinunderthemoon

4. galillian

galillian Active Member

5. dancinunderthemoon

6. dancinunderthemoon

Hapworth, watcher9 and roguelady like this.
  7. dancinunderthemoon

Attached Files:

8. dancinunderthemoon

I just now saw this post, I commented about it earlier, this is crazy........gotta wonder! See my other comments.........thanks for sharing!

9. deugirtni

deugirtni Well-Known Member

That interview SS did (short one) with News Anchor Rahul Bali, presumably occurred sometime around the 5th anniversary of the discovery of RD's beheaded body, so around May 6th. In that interview SS stated he had gone to FL to work on the case, on the Saturday before... so assuming May 4th..

This Gibson fellow who beheaded a 77 year old for whom he was the 'caretaker'., killed him around mid April, although he wasn't apprehended (in NY) until April 30th. After his arrest April 30th Gibson apparently admitted to killing others, including in the state of Georgia.

That could be why SS visited FL on Saturday, May 4th?

However.... "Gibson said he worked as a tattoo artist in Miami Beach from February 2014 until October 2015." Dermonds were murdered May 2014. I suppose he could've traveled over a weekend from Miami to GA?

Nicholas Gibson: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

10. dancinunderthemoon

Could be! Thanks, wondered about that

watcher9 and Jabarn like this.
  11. galillian

galillian Active Member

12. dancinunderthemoon

This guy was born in GA.

Here is a Cobb county arrest, doing the math probably 2011 , it doesnt state on report
    Nicholas Brent Gibson Mugshot 21471153 - Nicholas Brent Gibson Arrest - Cobb County, GA

Miami arrest 2013, shows BORN GA

Gibson Nicholas Brent Mugshot 58054254 - Gibson Nicholas Brent Arrest - Cobb County, GA - Booked on 5/12/2013 at 17:31 - Booked for Failure to Register as a Sex Offender/Failure to Comply with Requirements/Provided False Information (Felony), Failure to Appear ( Misdemeanor)

I guess they'll have to track his work schedule per diem from that Tattoo Parlor job in 2014/15 since he has arrests and ties to GA

Sexual assault PA........had SMyrna GA addresss

Nicholas B Gibson Mugshot 27269648 - Nicholas B Gibson Arrest - Cobb County, GA - Booked on 6/29/2012

cut him up with sword and claims he killed 32 in various states including GA
    Accused serial killer suspected of murder in Florida appears in NYC court | Daily Mail Online

Curious to hear more on this, I guess I can see him doing this whole thing except does he have a boat?

If this isn't our guy, we're missing a perfect scenario

watcher9 and Kittybunny like this.
  13. dancinunderthemoon

MISSED...........MOVING ON

doesnt appear he was working in Miami from 2014 to 2015 but rather INCARCERATED

Name GIBSON, NICHOLAS BRENT
    Crime Commit Date 2013-10-27T00:00:00-05:00
    Rec Id GDC ID: 1001120248
    County COBB COUNTY

Date 2014-02-20T00:00:00-06:00
    Sentence Length 2 YEARS, 0 MONTHS, 0 DAYS
    Max Possible Release Date 2015-11-10
    T00:00:00-06:00

Institution DOOLY STATE PRISON

Nicholas Brent Gibson - Georgia Department of Corrections

watcher9 and Razz like this.
  14. TJtennispro

TJtennispro Well-Known Member

It's a major topic because you kept trying to argue with me about it. I'm sorry that you don't understand how lakes in Georgia work. I'm not going to waste my time anymore. Lake Lanier is completely relevant since it's the only lake that allows security cameras on docks, or even close to the lake.

No matter what I point out I'm told I'm wrong. I live here. I go to that lake regularly, I talk to owners daily. I guess everyone that lives at Lake Oconee is wrong but out of state residents know the laws.

The case will be solved. Have great summers Websleuths! Sincerely TJ

Hapworth likes this.
  15. hockeyguy33

hockeyguy33 Well-Known Member

I believe he was in jail at the time of the murders but I could be wrong. I remember reading about this last week and saw he was In jail at the time so my thought about why SS was in Florida was a possible lead other than this guy.

watcher9 and dancinunderthemoon like this.
  16. dancinunderthemoon

Yes I just posted that.......didnt see this all until yesterday, checked it out today further...........so yes, other reasons for SS in Florida investigating this case, He would definitley have known already if this guy was in prison during the time of the D's murders

hockeyguy33 and watcher9 like this.
  17. deugirtni

deugirtni Well-Known Member

Yes, seems he's been in prison for longer than his entire adult lifetime and half of his whole lifetime (over 16 years in total, apparently, and the guy is only 32 years old).

This guy doesn't seem like he would have had the resources (vehicle, boat, money), nor the intelligence, but still seemed like a possibility! I guess we have to scrap that idea!?!

There is a good timeline here:
    Sex offender Nicholas Gibson, caught in New York, confesses to being serial killer, police say | Daily Mail Online

If you get a chance, take a look at the youtube wherein he actually clearly mouths the words, 'with my bare hands', when asked if he killed this most recent man. Perhaps this guy is one who prefers jail life and doesn't do well when he's out? He also seems to be a pathological liar, which may or may not explain why he said 'with my bare hands' .. unless he strangled his victim first before taking the 'sword' to him.

watcher9 likes this.
  18. JnRyan

JnRyan Well-Known Member

The podcast, "True Crime Garage" covers the case in two one hour podcasts. Those of us who have followed the case probably don't learn anything from it. But like a lot of these podcasts it really isn't to inform those of us who know the facts in the media. It is to bring awareness to the case for those who don't know and, most importantly, to keep general awareness alive.
    True Crime Garage

19. wildebeest

wildebeest Well-Known Member

Weren’t Tricia and Levi going to do additional podcasts? Maybe I missed it.

So glad to see this thread active. We will not give up, until there is justice for the Dermonds.

20. everlearning

everlearning Quiet long-time member

I thought this podcast was really well done and gave a concise statement with details I had forgotten or not heard before. Things I had wondered about. Small details. I was glad I took the time to listen.