Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by KateB, May 16, 2015.
Dont know about LUcifer hahaha but the GBI is crooked
I simply think she had a color on her hair from what the pictures show. I would have HOPED that there was a follicle dna test done or whatever it is called
Something that i'm always thinking about. The reward money is @ 45k and not 1 penny came from the family, this family clearly has money and even a small reward amount from the family who's parents were murdered viciously would let us know they want justice. No statements from the family in almost 5 years, no pleas for someone with info to come forward not a peep from the family except on the 4 year anniversary when Brad said they were very private people and probably wouldn't like them talking about them. If my parents were brutally murdered I would want justice and I would at least offer some reward, I'd also make pleas for information .
The other thing on my mind a lot is SS playing games during his interviews
At the beginning SS said he had all forms of evidence and after a year he starts saying he has no evidence. Even if the murder didn't happen at the house the beheading happened there and their abduction happened there. There is no way SS and his team didn't find 1 piece of evidence. Hairs fall out all the time, foot prints had to be left unless the killers swept up their trail with a broom as they entered and left. If the killers were there for at least an hour ( beheading Mr D ) they couldn't possibly not have left some form of evidence unless they were wrapped head to toe with plastic. My bet is the whole murder took place in the garage, If SS believes the murders happened somewhere else then he has the evidence that says it was done somewhere else ( fibers from a capet in a car, dirt or debri ) yet he says he has no evidence hmmm.
Maybe it's time for the district attorney to have his investigators look into this cold case
Here is the link to episode 2 of the podcast on iTunes/Apple Podcasts: Into the Case by Websleuths on Apple Podcasts
If you don't have an Apple device, you can listen here: Into the Case
SS said in the last podcast that the reward money was refunded IS THAT NOT TRUE EITHER! ?
Great post Dancin, still many questions. It sounded to me like they were not sure about the hair found in RD's hand since it was blondish brown and not gray, but I took it that DNA showed it to belong to SD. Was a mistake made?
I just listened to the first episode of the podcast and thought it was very well done. Going over all the different theories and aspects with some very knowledgeable people was fascinating. Here are my thoughts on some things.
1) The mob hit scenario seems a bit farfetched to me. I will take at face value that all the Dermond’s accounts etc have been gone over thoroughly and nothing strange was found. Calls to look a little further and look again seem like desperately trying to find what you personally are looking for. I think you have to just accept it and move on. Most telling to me though was when the guy said the fact that the FBI and the feds are not crawling all over this case. That speaks volumes I think.
2) The above being said, I do think it a bit strange the children have said so little. If it was some type of mob hit to send a message to the children running the business now, their silence may indicate...”message received!”
3) I kind of don’t think it was just some super crazy guy. Seems like more evidence would have been left. It seems too well planned for a crazy disorganized mind.
4) But another kinda crazy... My thought is, as one guy mentioned in the podcast, that this is a revenge killing for some perceived slight someone may have received from one of the Dermonds. “Hey get outta my cove, don’t fish so close to my dock”, something as simple as that, can trigger some deep dark thinking by some people. Time to plan. Not a revenge killing but Jayme Closs’ kidnapper was “inspired” to kill her parents and kidnap her by simply seeing her get off a school bus. Crazy.
5) About the crime itself, I think it happened at night or early morning. I think the killer(s) brought everything they needed with them and came by boat. SD heard something in the garage and was overtaken in there. RD heard the commotion and went to investigate where he discovered people beating his wife over the head with something. He tried to intervene and was also attacked. RD tried to remove his wife from the scene by grabbing her hair and pulling her away but was beaten down and killed. Both are dead but the killer is in a frenzy and hyped up so he decapitates RD as a final “take that!”. The killers(I do believe there were two) intention is to put both bodies in the lake and they take SD first to the boat. But find RD too difficult or messy to move. They find towels to stop blood from running out the garage. Decide at last minute to take his head for the thrill of it. Drop SD in the lake along with head. I would have checked any public landings near where the body was found. One problem with this theory is I would have thought one of the killers would have bragged to somebody by now.
Just my opinions of course. I’m looking forward to listening to the next episode.
Read the whole article but especially the last sentence
Person of interest identified in murder, beheading of elderly...
Oh, wow. They DO have forensics and evidence. I hadn’t heard that before.
Since that article was almost four years ago, I guess the person of interest didn't pan out.
You have to treat people like SS like you're sitting at the poker table.. He has to have evidence unless there's a perfect criminal out there who has OCD
Wouldn’t you think they would have done a DNA test on the hair in Mr. Dermond’s hand? Seems like a no brainer. So, if it wasn’t Mrs. Dermonds hair, SS has a DNA profile on the perp. Either, the DNA profile isn’t in the database, or it was Mrs. a Dermond’s hair.
Hi, Starry, I think you have stated the most likely scenario. I agree with everything you’ve said. The family knows more than they are telling, and yes, it does seem as if they are frightened to speak up.
Levi, will listen to part 2 of the podcast later today. I’m sure it will be enlightening. Thank you so much for delving into this cold case of this innocent couple.
Couldn’t this be like the Jayme Closs case where they had a little evidence, but the perp was not in the system?
Or did LE have no evidence? IIRC, it seems like we were told there was no evidence, but after she escaped, LE said they had a little evidence but it did not match in the system.
OT sort of. JP’s brother had been arrested before. Didn’t LE have his DNA which they could have have cross matched and traced it that way?
Aha! So SS does have forensic evidence, but not found in the database.
I hope he has DNA evidence. Wouldn't it be awesome if it was ran through a genealogy databases and they found a match to a relative and that could lead them to the killer? Like the Golden State Killer case...
They did this recently with the Allison Feldman case in Arizona and found the killer. familial DNA