GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - #12

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by KateB, May 16, 2015.

1. dancinunderthemoon

dancinunderthemoon Well-Known Member

Actually it was not, that was another serious coincident, it's waay back in the threads watcher, i'd have to find that or I suppose it can be found on the charts somewhere

You dont really need dept finders on these lakes, now south GA lake blackshear used to be bad for flooded trees sticking up our of the water, I vowed never to go in that one LOL

I would guess you are correct, trolling motor in the cove or nearby

Also, there have been some crazies going full speed at night, they scare me!

watcher9 likes this.
  2. dancinunderthemoon

3. dancinunderthemoon

AND IIRC, everyone in the area thought it was a mafia hit, maybe some thought family.......even the local cops, I didnt talk to all of them but didnt know at that time much of anything

watcher9 likes this.
  4. fred&edna

fred&edna Well-Known Member

Whoa! I had to read it twice... You called them "magical" trees. Why?? You don't believe they exist or am I missing something?

watcher9, Hazelnutty and TJtennispro like this.
  5. TJtennispro

TJtennispro Well-Known Member

Age and being social are dependent on the individual. My grandfather starting dating again at 86. My grandmother had passed some 15 years before.

A man that once only had family over was now dating again, traveling to Europe with his new “lady friend” going to parties at the Upscale retirement home. Playing golf. He was being social.

He also told me that when he started to date again that the entire retirement home started gossiping about their activities and he felt like he was back in high school.

As private as the D’s were them going to a retirement home was not happening. That discussion has been had (don’t worry I’ve read all 5 years of posts) also ironically found that FredandEdna has been here all 5 years.

While longevity to the thread is not important to most I thought I would point that out.

watcher9, jennyjenny and fred&edna like this.
  6. fred&edna

Just been wondering if GA Power published pump back/power generating schedules each yr? Or did they fluctuate and change seasonally? Or some other schedule and if the schedule was public??

I did find this when I went googling:

Lake Oconee power generation schedule???

TJtennispro likes this.
  7. TJtennispro

Simple question. Have you ever been to Lake Oconee? You’re putting out statements that seem like you have my problem with
    that is you’re quite confused if so. This lake is no different then any other lake I’ve been on.

On a scale of 10 being rafting the Colorado and 1 being driving a boat in an ocean driving a boat on Lake Oconee is a two! It’s super easy. Please don’t confuse your reading with experience. This lake is laughably easy to navigate.

I’ve not seen the tree from Game of Thrones sticking out of the lake. I’ve also not seen Bran or Gandolph hanging around. Nothing magical to see unless you consider rainbows magical.

8. TJtennispro

I’ll make an agreement with y’all. Y’all map out the destination y’all want me to film. I’ll be at the lake July 3-6. I can do multiple runs filming and you won’t see any trees sticking up on the route.

Boats at night have these things they call lights. My car and boat came with them but maybe it’s a Georgia thing? I don’t typically need the moonlight to navigate anywhere.

If I’m not in my car or boat I’ve even got a headlamp (light) to traverse the Georgia red clay. Lights are very useful.

Hapworth and fred&edna like this.
  9. fred&edna

Looking forward to any pics/video you can share! Maybe trees/limbs aren't visible just below the surface (nor their tops just rising above). Or maybe the visibility varies with water levels/seasons?? Or maybe they simply aren't actually there?? I've seen similar here in KY, but that ain't Lake Oconee... So I can't compare.

I'd be happy to see a boat perspective the 5-6 mile path from (basically) the Dermonds home towards the dam. Just that basic path - not necessarily about trees, etc... Just the possible path. This would be great!

Hapworth, watcher9 and jennyjenny like this.
  10. Razz

Razz Well-Known Member

Actually, while he was still alive, Foxfire gave frequent exclamations on who murdered the D's and why.
    A thread was created just for that but not many people were enthusiastic about it. FF felt certain it was a cult. (The Nubawdians?!!)

11. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

Oh Yeah lol, I remember him talking about this cult...

He was thinking about them on thiiiis case? That’s, well, interesting.

Where is that thread? I’d like to see it...:)

You know, thinking about this, Foxfire, in other threads, talked about ISIS a lot and people scoffed.

He turned out to be absolutely correct, ahead of his time actually.

This makes me wonder, now that you mention it, ISIS, beheading...he knew a lot about ISIS and that other cult. Very interesting. Normally I might scoff, but since it’s @Foxfire and he knew his ****...

I’d like to see that thread, if anything just to hear@Foxfire talk, even if his theory might be, uh, a little “out there” lol.

ETA: It’s funny you mentioned this bc I just saw something about that cult the other day on TV and was trying to remember why that was so familiar. Now I know. :)

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    Razz, Hazelnutty, watcher9 and 2 others like this.
  12. deugirtni

deugirtni Well-Known Member

Oh I was just making reference to a previous post when someone earlier said, "Do you think a tree line magically grows in the middle of a lake?"

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    watcher9 and fred&edna like this.
  13. deugirtni

Call me stupid when it comes to dams, but wouldn't that also have a bearing on weather/rainfall status too? Would it always be on a schedule, or would it vary depending on conditions?

watcher9 and fred&edna like this.
  14. deugirtni

I have read a little about this.. I know that SS wrote this theory off, as well as any others.. but do we know *why* SS wrote off this particular theory?

margarita25 and watcher9 like this.
  15. fred&edna

Well, Alabama Power has an app that shows generation schedules (as well as a bunch of other stuff). So, I thought other states might do the same? *Lake levels are also available but doesn't sound like its in conjunction with generation schedules.
    I think generation schedules have to do with the "times" power is needed/required as well as the pricing of said power. (I can't swear that's how it works but it kinda/sorta makes sense).

The Shorelines platform will include a smartphone app, website, mobile site, personalized email communication, social media and a blog, featuring stories and updates from our lakes. Through these channels, customers will be able to access lake levels, generation schedules and lifestyle features specific to the lake or lakes they prefer.

Alabama Power launches new Shorelines site and app - Alabama NewsCenter

TJtennispro likes this.
  16. wildebeest

wildebeest Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about this, dancin. Glad to hear your DH is doing better.

watcher9 likes this.
  17. TJtennispro

My understanding is when power/energy is needed water from Oconee to Wallace Dam through the turbines and into Sinclair. When it’s not needed the water is regurgitated back to Lake Oconee.

I imagine from May to end of September it’s flowing and the rest of the year it’s coming back into Oconee. Would make since if SD destination was the turbines.

fred&edna likes this.
  18. TJtennispro

Probably because he has those suspects he keeps referring too that won’t take polygraphs. I just don’t see the cult doing this for no reason. It honestly just makes zero sense.

fred&edna and wildebeest like this.
  19. wildebeest

wildebeest Well-Known Member

I was here when Foxfire was posting, and we even exchanged a few PMs. He was certain the Nuwabian cult was responsible for the Dermond murders. We respected his opinion and patiently listened as he pled his case. At some point the mods said there would no longer be discussion on this thread about the Nuwabians. A Nuwabian thread was started in the “parking lot.” Not sure if the “parking lot” is still here.

Razz, margarita25, deugirtni and 2 others like this.
  20. dancinunderthemoon

Yes he was ahead of his time, I remember that too, THat thread is in the "Parking Lot"

Much more common now, but we werent allowed to talk about it on here then, maybe still not but well, check out that thread,

margarita25, watcher9 and wildebeest like this.