GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam Co, 2 May 2014 - #13

SS and Tex were/still are friends. I’ve heard he still believes the shooting was accidental. That incident took place in Fulton County after leaving Putnam County so it was investigated by Fulton County.

It’s a weird case imo.

Has SS stated publicly that he believes that the shooting was accidental?

No not at all. What makes you say that? He has mentioned he thinks it was an extortion and I’m fairly certain the head was removed because of DNA evidence. They were killed in two completely different ways so I do think it was a beating/shooting/beheading while SD was bludgeoned but definitely not drowned.
I think hockeyguy33 was talking about your comment regarding the Tex case?

Just wondering: Say you hurt/kill someone and then dump the body...and you're local, would you be likely to pass by the spot to check it out? (Revisiting the crime scene so to speak). And while checking it out, you see the body you dumped has surfaced! What would you do then?
Get the heck out of dodge and freak out? I've heard of other cases where killers have gone back to visit where they'd buried the body, cops had a tail on them, and it got them busted. Other times we hear about killers inserting themselves into the case after the fact (like perhaps by calling upon 'discovering' a surfaced body?). There's gotta be plenty of others that would just stay the heck as far away as possible, forever?

Remember SS said he has something he doesn't want the killers to know he has. He could be bluffing but I doubt it. Now that means the killers left something behind be it dna or something they dropped or left behind. Maybe a shells casing, foot print,.. what could SS have that he doesn't want the killers knowing he has?

Interesting article what is referring mostly to underground trees and man-made plots for fishing crappie

daytime fishing for Crappie is pretty uncommon so guess I'm seeing someone out there at night would be normal

also we know SD was snagged on a treetop and I think Sheriff Sills comment about the deepest part of the lake being 46 feet of water may have been just a reference like when he said down by the damn people took it literally

the article is also talking about trees being 30 to 50 feet tall so I'm guessing that she was in a little bit more shallow water than that

This lake was flooded a long long time ago and many of those trees have died and deteriorated quite a bit

Jmo

Thanks for clearing that up. I guess I got excited and jumped the gun that Hockeyguy had new information.

Yes SS was even going to testify for Tex at trial but was never called.

Why this sheriff thinks McIver didn't kill his wife on purpose

Makes me wonder about SS. I’ve always thought he was quite capable, and still do, but defending Tex? Really? The whole accidental shooting scenario just didn’t make sense. And, as Judge Judy always says, “If it doesn’t make sense, it must not be true.” Just my thoughts...

I personally don’t think Tex did it on purpose either. Heck his own wife said it was an accident. The forensic accountant doesn’t think he did but Tex was cash poor so the state didn’t lie about that. My opinion about that case is irrelevant.

Makes me wonder about SS. I’ve always thought he was quite capable, and still do, but defending Tex? Really? The whole accidental shooting scenario just didn’t make sense. And, as Judge Judy always says, “If it doesn’t make sense, it must not be true.” Just my thoughts...

I personally don’t think Tex did it on purpose either. Heck his own wife said it was an accident. The forensic accountant doesn’t think he did but Tex was cash poor so the state didn’t lie about that. My opinion about that case is irrelevant.
I don't think he did it on purpose either.

But for SS to publicly say that I just think the prosecutor might have been a bit pissed off. SS 's opinion does carry weight and it's not a ringing endorsement of the prosecutor IMO. Some people hold grudges and this isn't the 1st time he's probably pissed off someone in the DA's office ( Dwight York case)

Just want to drop in and mention the GBI

I have to defend SS on the decision NOT To call them in on this case.

I know personally of a case in GA recently where the GBI is tampering with evidence, they collect it but never submit it.........once it's mentioned in the notes it must be submitted as evidence...........evidence has disappeared...........I KNOW THIS and thats all I can say

SO NOT ONLY In the Tara Grinstead case, where the GBI didnt do their job, one of the GBI Friends of her's, DNA was found in her bed and things got weird, everyone tried to sweep it under the rug for 10 years, yet they'd interviewed the killers from the getgo and didnt do anything more, only to save themselves at the time it

Im sure other small GA towns are getting the same crooked treatment from the GBI if there is an agenda or maybe no treatment at all

Its a shame no one can do anything about them

The GBI even tried to investigate SS while he was trying to get evidence against them and get rid of the molestor nuwapians in Putnam!

SO its a shame there is no good support in GA

OH...my word........

Foxfire used to say............Paramilitary

Just heard that there are only TWO (2) groups of people that are VERY DNA Conscious.........

VERY VERY smart criminals (which there are very few)

and

COPS

I would add one more to that group

FORENSICS cleanup person??

Something to chew on I guess

NO DNA that we are aware of, no obvious crime scene, other than the decapitation site

OH...my word........

Foxfire used to say............Paramilitary

Just heard that there are only TWO (2) groups of people that are VERY DNA Conscious.........

VERY VERY smart criminals (which there are very few)

and

COPS

I would add one more to that group

FORENSICS cleanup person??

Something to chew on I guess

NO DNA that we are aware of, no obvious crime scene, other than the decapitation site
Para military? Army ? Police? Security Guard? Forensics clean up person?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44
Back