GA - Starving boy, 10, 36 lbs, runs to neighbor and begs for food, Tyler and Krista Schindley arrested, Griffin, 2023

Has anyone identified an adoption agency or foster contractor used by this family?

Wondering if it would happen to be the agency used by the Zulocks:

jmho ymmv lrr

• Tyler and Krista Schindley were arrested on multiple charges of attempted murder and abuse after their emaciated son, 10, was found by neighbors
  • Now one of their other sons, who wishes to not be named, tells DailyMail.com that he was also abused by his parents and ran away from home at 17
  • 'They were abusive to me physically and mentally. It was getting worse and worse every day and I just couldn't take it anymore,' the sibling said
I'd imagine they've interviewed the other siblings , the ones closest in age to the abused boy -- by now ?
:(
Imo.
From the article >>> A woman who bought the $400,000 Jackson property from the Schindleys in 2020 told DailyMail.com she found two of the bedroom windows had been covered with black-out paper and the light switch taped over in another.

Locking children inside their rooms and depriving them of sunlight (or forcing them to keep the lights on 24/7) is so beyond inhumane. It's sadistic and heinous. I'm with @tlcya, sometimes the cold-blooded child abuse cases feel worse than murder. The deprivation of food, light, physical touch, and socialization are torture tactics frequently used on prisoners of war, FFS!

The details about the home they sold are incredible. The tape on the light was so normal to them they didn't think to remove it. o_O :(

I am going to show how petty I can be now... but I experience a bit of schadenfreude every time I see the pictures of Krista and Tyler in court - they have not showered recently in those photos and it shows. I love that they are experiencing some level of discomfort. Afraid to shower in jail? Cry me a river, cretins.

The details about the home they sold are incredible. The tape on the light was so normal to them they didn't think to remove it. o_O :(

I am going to show how petty I can be now... but I experience a bit of schadenfreude every time I see the pictures of Krista and Tyler in court - they have not showered recently in those photos and it shows. I love that they are experiencing some level of discomfort. Afraid to shower in jail? Cry me a river, cretins.

They look quite unkempt for some people who lived in such a nice house. Two nasty vermin regardless. I hope these two, I don’t even wanna call them people, THINGS, pay for what they did to this boy. The fact that they adopted him too… :(

It would still be absolutely vile to abuse your bio child, of course. Abuse is abuse. But the fact that they took in a child who’s already been through God knows what just to abuse him and starve him down to a bag of bones like that.

The article makes it seem as though the stepmom was behind the abuse.

The sibling says his ordeal stems back to 2012 when Tyler split from the boy's biological mom and married Krista less than a year later, relocating the family from Sandusky, Ohio, to a smart four-bed home in Jackson, Georgia.

Their family unit initially comprised two sons from Tyler's first marriage, one of whom suffers from autism, as well as a son from Krista's previous relationship.

After temporarily fostering three more children, Krista and Tyler adopted five biological siblings – twin boys and twin girls, all aged around four, and their six-year-old brother, who is the youngster they are now criminally charged with neglecting.

By then Tyler's eldest son says he was already accustomed to his dad and stepmom meting out barbaric punishments that included locking him in his room without food for several days at time.

On other occasions he was forced to pick up rocks for hours or run bootcamp-style laps of their swish neighborhood in the pouring rain.

The punishments weren't dished out universally, however – just to himself, his autistic biological brother, and the adopted six-year-old boy, but never to the sets of twins or Krista's son.
Brother of 'starving' Georgia boy tells how he was also abused

On Monday, Ethan Washburn, 19, was arrested and charged with aggravated assault based on his alleged actions related to the child abuse case. Washburn is Krista Schindley’s biological son and lives in Tennessee.

It’s unclear when Washburn last had contact with the child.
Half-brother of 10-year-old who weighed 36 pounds found wandering in Griffin also arrested

there is an article in the Atlanta journal Constitution that has a headline that reads: step-brother-accused-of-choking-griffin-boy-allegedly-starved-by-parents - but it is behind a paywall so I can't access the article.

This was the adult son who earlier stated 'I'm not too close to the situation right now, I’m just watching the house. I don’t really have any comment,'
Georgia parents charged with attempted murder after starving 36lb, 10yo son was found wandering neighborhood for grocery store to beg for food

A 10-year-old boy who was allegedly starved, confined and beaten by his parents in Griffin may have also been assaulted and choked by his adult step-brother, according to Spalding County officials.

Ethan Washburn, 20, of Franklin, Tennessee, was taken into custody last week on two felony counts of aggravated assault, Griffin police said Monday. Washburn is accused of seriously choking his 10-year-old step-brother at some point between June 2020 and February 2023, according to warrants obtained by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Washburn is the son of Krista Schindley, who was arrested May 12 alongside her husband, Tyler Schindley, on multiple counts of cruelty to children, among other charges. The Schindleys are the parents of the 10-year-old boy at the center of the child abuse case, but both have older children from prior relationships, police said.

Police released few details about Washburn’s arrest and said the investigation remains active. In Washburn’s arrest warrant, he is accused of using both hands to strangle his step-brother around the neck.

Washburn was arrested June 6 and remains in the Spalding County Jail without bond, online jail records show. Both Krista and Tyler Schindley remain in jail without bond, as well.

The Schindleys were originally scheduled to appear at a bond hearing Monday, but the hearing was delayed until June 26.

Officials have not shared an update on the condition of the Schindley’s son, who weighed 36 pounds, or about half the weight of a typical 10-year-old, when he was found wandering the street by neighbors who called the police. None of the Schindley’s four other children living with them appeared to suffer from malnourishment or starvation, officials said.

my guess is the boy is talking and LE are listening. Shame on everyone who was part of the systematic torture and starvation of this little guy. I think of him often and wonder how he is doing with recovering from his injuries. I want him to get every advantage going forward. Counseling, loving care, plenty to eat, all of it.

This is reminding me of Erica Lynn Parsons. She was adopted, and the whole (bio) family physically abused/tortured her. Including her older brother, who used to break her fingers. Unfortunately she did not make it out of that family alive.

It's making me think of Ethan.

WI - Ethan Hauschultz, 7, beaten and buried in "coffin of snow", Manitowoc, April 2018 *arrests*

They used an older child as an enforcer/camp commandant too.

MOO

I wonder if this was the son that was at the house when the parents were first arrested.

This is reminding me of Erica Lynn Parsons. She was adopted, and the whole (bio) family physically abused/tortured her. Including her older brother, who used to break her fingers. Unfortunately she did not make it out of that family alive.

Erica will always haunt me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back