Found Deceased GA - Susana Morales, 16, walking home from friend’s house, kidnapped and murdered, 26 July 2022 *police officer charged*

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
The Gwinnett County Police Department is asking for the public's help in finding a missing teen. Susana Morales was last seen by her mother on July 26.

According to an online fundraiser set up by her sister, she had been walking home from a friend's house, but never made it home. Morales has not been heard from or seen since. Detectives stated they have exhausted all leads in her case and are asking for anyone with information to come forward.

Although any missing teen is considered to be in danger, there is no indication at this time that Morales is in any specific danger or being held against her will.

Authorities said they are interested in talking to anyone who can provide any information before or after Morales disappeared.

If anyone has any information to share in this case, please contact GCPD detectives at 770-513-5300. To remain anonymous, tipsters should contact Crime Stoppers at 404-577-TIPS (8477) or visit www.stopcrimeATL.com. Crime Stoppers tipsters can receive a cash reward for information leading to an arrest and indictment in this case.

Oh my, another pretty young 16-year-old doesn't come home, and she has been missing a month.

This quote, from the MSM article cited in post #1 above is odd, IMO:
"Although any missing teen is considered to be in danger, police said there is no indication at this time that Morales is in any specific danger or being held against her will."

Now WTH does that mean? Her family says that she would not do this... The family mentioned that "she would always answer our call," so she apparently has a phone and would keep in touch. But they haven't heard from her. SMH.
Hoping she isn't in danger, but my spidey sense tells me she is...

“She wouldn’t just go out. And like not tell us,” her sister, Jasmine Morales said.

“It’s hard just eating sometimes, like I’m eating, thinking, ‘What if she’s not eating?’ You know, it’s just that every single day,” Morales said.

There is business surveillance video that Morales’ family believes shows her walking home near Singleton Road and Indian Trail Lilburn Road on July 26.

“Honestly, we’re just tired of not knowing. That’s like the hardest part,” Jasmine Morales told Channel 2.

Family members have held walks and rallies since they reported her missing and her sister says they just need someone to give them answers.

“We don’t know if she got picked up. We don’t know she got lost,” her sister said.

Gwinnett police said this is a crime stoppers case and anyone with information should call 404-475-tips.

Last edited:
Something in my gut has me agreeing with Susana's sister. This doesn't feel like a typical runaway case to me. Having said that, I'd like to know more about Susana's relationship with the bf. It seems strange she wouldn't have contacted him if she ran away. How old is he? How long have they been a couple? Were they happily in love or is there a chance the relationship was on the verge of a breakup? I'm not accusing him of foul play against Susana or of harboring her, although I think both scenarios should be thoroughly investigated. However, if the courtship was on rocky grounds, it's possible she ran off choosing not to inform him of her plans or contact him. MOO

Have LE or her family accessed her phone records and social media accounts? Has she been in contact with anyone who would have helped her run away? I'd also like to know more about the people who were at or near the friend's house Susana had visited. Did anyone suddenly leave around the same time Susana left? Have all the SO freaks been checked out?

August 29, 2022
SBBM

Surveillance video captures the last moments of where her sister was seen. It shows her walking near Singleton Road and Indian Trial Lilburn Road before 10 p.m. that Tuesday. Jasmine said she was walking back home from a friend's house.

"Something happened between the place we got the camera footage from and our neighborhood and it was a minute apart," she said. "So something happened in that little minute and we just haven’t been able to figure out what."

Snip

Gwinnett County Police initially considered Morales a runaway but tell 11Alive it has exhausted all leads and now needs the public’s help. They added that there’s no indication the teen is being held against her will, but her sister thinks otherwise.

"We know she’s not out there because she wants to be. She would never do that," she added. "It’s been over a month – she would’ve contacted her boyfriend, my mom, me at least."
#

Google Maps - walking near Singleton Road and Indian Trial Lilburn Road

1661864960484.jpeg
"My sister, she will never do that to us. Never. She has never done this. She has never left the house," Morales explained. "She would always answer our call and let us know where she is. If she's coming home, when she's coming home, this never happens."

"She's always happy, she's always smiling. She has a little attitude, but we all love her and we need her to come home. We need something," Morales said.

*Is this her in this video? It’s dark with her walking down the street. I can’t understand what’s being said but I can sure see this video and it looks like her. Her mother is crying so hard, it’s hard to watch even though I don’t know what she’s saying. She’s so upset. I’m starting to get really concerned about this beautiful child.

Last edited:
*Is this her in this video? It’s dark with her walking down the street. I can’t understand what’s being said but I can sure see this video and it looks like her. Her mother is crying so hard, it’s hard to watch even though I don’t know what she’s saying. She’s so upset. I’m starting to get really concerned about this beautiful child.
Seems like the family believes Susana is the person walking in the video. I'm really worried about her.

SBM

Lo último que supo la familia sobre Susana Morales:​

1. Salió a trabajar con su mamá el 26 de julio por la mañana
  2. Regresó a casa a las 4:00 p.m.
  3. Salió a casa de su amiga a las 6:00 p.m.
  4. Minutos después, respondió un mensaje de texto a su mamá confirmando que había llegado a casa de su amiga.
  5. A las 10:00 p.m. la mamá intentó comunicarse con ella sin tener respuesta.
  6. Ella nunca llegó a su casa ese día.
Per Google Translate:
The last the family knew about Susana Morales:
1. She went to work with her mother on the morning of July 26
2. She returned home at 4:00 p.m.
3. She went out to her friend's house at 6:00 p.m.
4. Minutes later, she replied to a text message to her mom confirming that she had arrived at her friend's house.
5. At 10:00 pm. the mother tried to communicate with her without having an answer.
6. She never came to her house that day.

Seems like the family believes Susana is the person walking in the video. I'm really worried about her.

SBM

Lo último que supo la familia sobre Susana Morales:​

1. Salió a trabajar con su mamá el 26 de julio por la mañana
  2. Regresó a casa a las 4:00 p.m.
  3. Salió a casa de su amiga a las 6:00 p.m.
  4. Minutos después, respondió un mensaje de texto a su mamá confirmando que había llegado a casa de su amiga.
  5. A las 10:00 p.m. la mamá intentó comunicarse con ella sin tener respuesta.
  6. Ella nunca llegó a su casa ese día.
Per Google Translate:
The last the family knew about Susana Morales:
1. She went to work with her mother on the morning of July 26
2. She returned home at 4:00 p.m.
3. She went out to her friend's house at 6:00 p.m.
4. Minutes later, she replied to a text message to her mom confirming that she had arrived at her friend's house.
5. At 10:00 pm. the mother tried to communicate with her without having an answer.
6. She never came to her house that day.
Thank you so very much. I’m trying to get some chores done and I can’t keep from worrying about her, checking for updates…

January 31, 2023 at 5:44 am EST
NEPUCGR3GFAS3J5EGJH7KNL6ZA.png

GWINNETT COUNTY, Ga. — Gwinnett County police are hoping the public can help find a teenager who has been missing since the summer.

On July 26, 2022 Susana Morales, 16, reportedly texted her mom around 9:40 p.m. saying she was on her way home. At 10 p.m., Morales hadn’t returned home.

Cell photo data and cameras showed her walking in the direction of her home between 10:07 pm and 10:21 p.m. on Oak Loch Trace near Steve Reynolds Boulevard in Gwinnett County.

Police believe Morales may have gotten into a car, that night on July 26.

She was last seen wearing light blue jeans, a yellow spaghetti-strapped shirt and white crocs .

Anyone with information or was in the area of Singleton Road, Steve Reynolds and Oak Loch Trace that may have seen anything, is urged to contact Gwinnett County police detectives at 770-513-5300.

Crime Stoppers Greater Atlanta is offering a $2,000 reward for information leading to Morales safe return.

FEB 8

Found deceased :( .

GWINNETT COUNTY, Ga. — Gwinnett County police say that remains found near a creek bed on Monday night are those of a missing 16-year-girl.

Her remains were found more than 20 miles away off of Drowning Creek Road off near the Barrow County line. A passerby reported seeing the possible remains on the side of the road and reported them.

Police have not said if they believe foul play is involved. They are still working to determine how she died.

Police said they would hold a news conference later this afternoon.

FEB 10

Susana Morales, 16, and Rodrigo Floriano, 17, went to the same high school and were found dead just hours apart (the cases are unrelated).

FEB 13

A Doraville police officer has been arrested in connection with the death of a 16-year-old Norcross teen whose body was found off State Route 316 last week.

Gwinnett law enforcement officials have not released details of how Doraville Police Officer Miles Bryant, 22, was involved in the Morales case. He has not been charged with killing Morales, but he has been charged with false report of a crime and concealing the death of another.

Morales had been missing since last July. Now Gwinnett detectives say 22-year-old Miles Bryant of Norcross hid the teen's death and then lied about it.

"This is a very tragic incident and not just for our community, but the law enforcement community as well," Gwinnett County Police spokesperson Officer Hideshi Valle told FOX 5 on Monday. "Gwinnett Police is determined to get all of the facts and all of the information to get justice regardless of who the individual is."
Miles Bryant

Miles Bryant (Gwinnett County Sheriff's Office)

Morales' family members told police they hadn't seen her since the evening of July 26. That night, detectives said Morales texted her mom at 9:40 p.m. to tell her she was on her way home to Windscape Village Lane. Officials confirmed an app on Morales' cell phone showed that she was walking in that direction between 10:07 p.m. and 10:21 p.m., but detectives said they have reason to believe she had actually gotten into a vehicle.

Between 10:21 p.m. and 10:26 p.m., her phone indicated that she was in the area of Oak Loch Trace and Steve Reynolds Boulevard. Her phone pinged that location until it either died or was turned off. Morales never made it home.

A breakthrough in the case came on Feb. 6, when officers responded to the area between Drowning Creek and Barrow County after someone reported seeing what they believed were human remains in the forest.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back