GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Omg! Great find. That happened in Alabama. For sure they heard about it.

There are too many similarities to ignore. I wonder if LE can search their computers to find out if they viewed this story.

Crazy

I'm not so sure they would have heard about it... I live in Atlanta and never heard of it. My wife's mothers side of the family is in Birmingham (Homewood is just south of Birmingham) and she never heard of it either. I'm sure her family did there. And their family in Tuscaloosa probably saw it on the news. But that doesn't mean they saw it...

They for sure could have found it searching for it though....

Hi all...

Came across this: http://www.hlntv.com/article/2014/07/03/justin-harris-baby-hot-car-death-hearing

Several times we have wondered if the daycare called. According to this article, an email was sent. I have been reading it was a "group" email. So I'm wondering if they meant group email to parents whose kids were absent that day. Regardless, it will be interesting to see what his patterns normally were as far as opening/answering emails. Highly telling if he opened every email except that one... Presumably because he knew exactly what it was in regards to...

Also, in the article, it mentions that RH can be seen reaching over into the passenger seat for a computer bag before going into his workplace. If the carseat actually jutted out a little bit (into the front seat area), I would think RH's right arm would have to hit/touch it. Yet another nail in RH's proverbial coffin.

Lastly, not article related, since this couple went to church... I would want to se their Bibles. Not always, but often, people will underline passages that are important to them. Specifically would want to see if something had been left bookmarked. Would also like to know if they attended church that Sunday leading up to the week Cooper was murdered.

Okay, not lastly...one more thought. Was there an uptick in purchases for Cooper...like toys, other gifts, etc from the couple. In other words, on top of the two nights of cuddling with him before they killed him, and the last trip to CFA, did they give his other "goodbye" treats? (That pained me to type/think that, but I do think this was premeditated and the extra time, etc they gave him leading up to his death was to make themselves "feel better" about what they were about to do.)

Because he is an idiot and he was also very stressed at that moment, he just did the deed and now others were witnesses.

If a person were innocent, then the death of their child at their OWN HANDS or even someone else's hands would be devastating, and they wouldn't be lashing out in anger at the annoying police, they would be in total shock or just plain screaming at the sudden and irrevocable loss.

I believe it was the female officer who told him to get off the phone. Maybe he has an issue with women having power?

The channels that show CSI reruns are:
Logo
USA
CBS

Logo shows the episodes in chronological order. They show two episodes (plus two from the previous day) every Mon-Thursday.
Tomorrow, they are showing episodes #126 and #125.
Hot car episode is #73.

I did the math and I got that it would air on May 27 at 10 AM EST and May 28 at 8 AM EST.
I thought Fx aired CSI also.

I found a website where you can search, but it's too confusing to me.

http://epguides.com/CSI/

I am thinking that it's a possibility that he may get off. I am thinking that some people will not want to believe that a father would intentionally do this. And the thought that the mother would be involved could possible make it harder. I think that lots of people don't want to think that jail for a long time could be a possibility for forgetting your child in a car.
If his defense is "distracted dad" then, sadly, I think you may be right. I'm surprised at the number of people who think that the loss of your child is punishment enough.

If this had been the result of a distracted babysitter, then there would be no question. I don't know why we don't hold parents to a high standard, since they are the primary caregiver.

Hopefully the jury will see that this is much more than a distracted parent.

I did not realize that not only had he recently been passed over for a promotion at work he had been turned down by CFA corporate when he applied as recently this May! So I am assuming he was unhappy about the promotion bypass and went exploring options at CFA and maybe other places.

How very odd that CFA restaurant was he and Cooper's special breakfast stop several times a month. Makes me wonder if

a) he wanted to work for the company because he is such a fan of their food

or

b) his practice of stopping in for breakfast was to maybe make him look sympathetic to corporate after his son was dead by tragic accident??

or it could be completely coincidental.

Favorite

Victor Blackwell CNN ‏@VictorCNN 29m

As many as 7 addition search warrants in the Ross Harris #HotCarDeath case will be released Monday according Cobb Co. Magistrate’s Office.

Retweet

Did he think CFA would feel bad about not hiring him if he lost his child in a tragic way? And then maybe they would give him a job? Who the H knows...we may never know what was in this man's head.

Omg! Great find. That happened in Alabama. For sure they heard about it.

There are too many similarities to ignore. I wonder if LE can search their computers to find out if they viewed this story.

Crazy
11 months later almost to the day Cooper died.
Ella July 17, 2013
Cooper June 18, w014

Ella was born July 23, 2012
Cooper Aug 2, 2012

JRH and Katie Luong both graduates University of Alabama. She in Nov 2011 and JRH in 2012.

I believe Luong and Harris are also about the same age.

Just some more random similarities.
moo
*edited to correct info.

It's no punishment at all if they didn't want them!
If he had the big "reveal" at lunch, and appeared to be sufficiently distraught, he might have pulled this whole thing off. And that is chilling.

Did he think CFA would feel bad about not hiring him if he lost his child in a tragic way? And then maybe they would give him a job? Who the H knows...we may never know what was in this man's head.

I would be less likely to hire a person who left their baby in a hot car- even accidentally. I'd be concerned about neurological/memory problems effecting job performance. They'd get flowers from me but no job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Favorite

Victor Blackwell CNN ‏@VictorCNN 29m

As many as 7 addition search warrants in the Ross Harris #HotCarDeath case will be released Monday according Cobb Co. Magistrate’s Office.

Retweet

Thanks Nana :)

Guess we all better buckle up for more possible revelations or at least more of the warrants behind some of what we learned on Thursday during the hearing

:rollercoaster:

I'm wondering if there was any plan made for Coopers 2nd birthday, he would have turned two beginning of August?
I know with my three kiddies, if I was planning a party somewhere I have to book well in advance.
I usually send little invites out to friends about 4 week before party and I would have certainly started planning for birthday,
Wonder if there will be any mention of plans they were making? X

If he had the big "reveal" at lunch, and appeared to be sufficiently distraught, he might have pulled this whole thing off. And that is chilling.

Personally, I don't think there was supposed to be a reveal at lunch. Not in front of his friends. They might not have known him as well as they thought they did, but they know how he acted.

Wouldn't that just be added pressure to act distraught in front of people who know you as opposed to people who are complete strangers?

I think at least some of the friends showed up at the shopping center but that's much different than having to initiate the whole reveal in front of them.

Personally, I don't think there was supposed to be a reveal at lunch. Not in front of his friends. They might not have known him as well as they thought they did, but they know how he acted.

Wouldn't that just be added pressure to act distraught in front of people who know you as opposed to people who are complete strangers?

I think at least some of the friends showed up at the shopping center but that's much different than having to initiate the whole reveal in front of them.
The surveillance video of RH in the parking lot at lunch is some of the most damning evidence against him.

I'm just saying if he'd been a little bit craftier and a better actor, his plan would have worked. He'd get what he wanted, as well as tons of sympathy and financial donations from well-wishers.

Thanks goodness he's such a doofus, or there would have been no justice for Cooper.

That's why I was so confused....
So, she really didn't even need daycare.....IMO /QUOTE]

I'm confused too whether she "officed" at home; however, you pay for daycare for the week, typically, whether your child attends every single day or not. Part-time is really worthless, IMO, because it saves you very little over full-time. My theory is that IF she "officed" at home, her appointment times/days varied. They still needed childcare during those times; more than likely she needed it during her "paperwork"/office/administrative times as well (having been there, done that with little ones running around).

Not all jobs that allow you to work from home are conducive to having children around -- especially if you're trying to carry on an uninterrupted phone conversation or video chat. So, we don't really know what her routine schedule was like and there was obviously a need for childcare in some form or another.

Yeah, I have two very little kids, and had surgery about two weeks ago, so we put them in daycare for the summer while I recuperated It is really, really hard to find part time day care here in ATL.

I think it is also telling that RH said he strapped poor Cooper in extra tight 'like he always did in case of an accident'. Made me think of a book I read called "The Gift of Fear" by Gavin de Becker. (I highly recommend this to all parents, women, etc. because it tells of cases of rape/murder and how to trust/hone your instincts to help prevent you from becoming a victim as well.)

Anyways, part of the book describes how to spot liars/manipulators. Part of a liar's modus operandi is often to give "too much information". They are either trying to persuade you for whatever reason or trying to gain your trust.

I believe the 'and then I strapped him in real tight like I always do in case of an accident' was trying to serve a two-fold purpose for RH. 1) He was trying hard to get the police to believe he was a good, OVERLY cautious Dad. 2) He *knew* the police would question why he was strapped in the way he was so he was trying to head off that suspicion.

I wonder when the car seat settings were adjusted to the lowest possible? That setting would make Cooper very very uncomfortable and probably fussy. Who wants to drive with a fussy child? I wonder if Ross changed the settings at Chik-Fil-a...maybe they have that on video?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73