GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
You would think so. One mother interviewed in the WaPo article that forgot her child and it died in the car... she drives the exact same car still and when she took the reporter to the place where she use to work when it happened..she parked in the exact same spot. She made a few statements that were outrageous imo. iirc “I don’t feel I need to forgive myself,” she says plainly, “because what I did was not intentional.”
Oh, she said why shouldn't I keep driving my vehicle it is a perfectly good vehicle. Something like that.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...e0fe3a-f580-11e3-a3a5-42be35962a52_story.html

I just listened to the interview.....(ugh)

I must not violate TOS but I do not feel well after listening to the woman...let's just leave it like that KWIM?

yes you're right.......he probably could go back there happy as a lark

how many of these car seat victim couples have since divorced?

As mentioned in previous thread many marriages crumble after the loss of a child regardless of cause.

Does anyone know many kids have been saved by putting them in the back seat vs those that have died due to forgetting them? A quick search found nothing on the first two pages.

BBM

No baby, none, should have died because they were forgotten. Gah.

:sigh: you guys have gone and done it again, filled a thread and started a fresh one all while my boss was burying me with work to prepare for his vacation in a few weeks.

I am getting tired of trying to keep up with this case and the flying threads at the end of the day. It's become a second dang job. So you know what I did? I took tomorrow, my birthday and the fourth off so I could have FIVE days to follow this case and not be worried about pesky ole work.

Any fresh news today or are y'all just rehashing and re-examining what we already have? TIA for any brief update on any breaking news I missed today.

:sigh: you guys have gone and done it again, filled a thread and started a fresh one all while my boss was burying me with work to prepare for his vacation in a few weeks.

I am getting tired of trying to keep up with this case and the flying threads at the end of the day. It's become a second dang job. So you know what I did? I took tomorrow, my birthday and the fourth off so I could have FIVE days to follow this case and not be worried about pesky ole work.

Any fresh news today or are y'all just rehashing and re-examining what we already have? TIA for any brief update on any breaking news I missed today.

You missed nothing at all.

You would think so. One mother interviewed in the WaPo article that forgot her child and it died in the car... she drives the exact same car still and when she took the reporter to the place where she use to work when it happened..she parked in the exact same spot. She made a few statements that were outrageous imo. iirc “I don’t feel I need to forgive myself,” she says plainly, “because what I did was not intentional.”
Oh, she said why shouldn't I keep driving my vehicle it is a perfectly good vehicle. Something like that.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...e0fe3a-f580-11e3-a3a5-42be35962a52_story.html

Wow. I didn't watch the video, but read the lengthy article. Very thought-provoking.

Slgihtly off topic but...Earlier today I was looking at facebook and left it up on the screen. My 6 yr old asked to play the computer. Remember I left facebook up I told him to close the tab and go play. When the screen woke up he noticed a puppy and read the sentence that went with the puppy out loud ( it was about puppies being left in the car while owners went shoping). Turns to me and says wouldnt them puppies get really hot in a car with no air condition? B/c if we go shopping its hot in the car when we get back in it, so hot I burn my butt. He asked if they at least had a frozen bottle of water to help cool the seats. (When we know we will be out for most of the day I will bring bottles of water that I froze and throw that in the seats with a towel over it so that when they got back in the buckles would not burn them. Only thing would be maybe a wet bottom.)

Not sure why adults do not get this when little kids understand how hot it gets in cars.

Exactly - the wives may say that AFTER the divorce. Prior to, they can be completely taken in and in denial for years, partly because there is a sense of shame that reinforces the denial every time you start to realize what your spouse may truly be like. IME

Been there and it's very difficult to leave a NPD they are very controlling abusive and manipulative people.
It takes years to fully understand why the heck did I stay?!!

Wow. I didn't watch the video, but read the lengthy article. Very thought-provoking.

I listen for clues in speech patterns - aside from cultural regional variations etc pretty darn easy to ''hear a liar''.....that's all I am going to say. Listening revealed far more to me than written word in this case listening to the link

SuperTMO, you and your mother should be so proud of what you did for that baby! The outcome could have easily been very different.

These kind of incidents make me heartsick as well. Typically these incidents are truly horrible accidents--a loving, devoted parent who is distracted or whose routine has changed "spaces out" about the baby in the back. Those parents are devastated. My heart breaks for the child and for the parent; I count my lucky stars that I am not in their place.

In your case and a minority of others, the caregiver leaves the child in the carseat through ignorance, indifference, or intent. And then I'm incensed! Sadly, I think Cooper's death falls into this category.

Keep in mind what you and the first responders did for the child you posted about. You all saved her life and you also improved her chances at a happy life. In the best case scenario, the baby's parent was unaware and learned to make sure the baby was in the care of a responsible adult at all times. The rescue put the baby on child protective service's radar, so others outside her immediate circle were checking on her safety and well-being too.

If I see a baby in a hot car, to hell with 911. I'm breaking the damn window and then calling 911. I don't care. Sue me.

Sorry for the language. This stuff is just really upsetting and scary.

I watched that documentary and read the same article. I thought her comments were cold. She maybe have developed a hard shell in order to cope with everything or doesn't have the same amount of empathy as others do. A type of brain malfunction or form of psychopathy. Doesn't mean she killed her child, but just doesn't respond to guilt the same as others may.

Does anyone know many kids have been saved by putting them in the back seat vs those that have died due to forgetting them? A quick search found nothing on the first two pages.

The whole "back seat" thing came about due to airbags.

As a result the number of kids that die in cars because they have been "forgotten" has gone way up (but no doubt the numbers of overall deaths has gone down because of airbags).

Since airbags aren't intended to save infants a direct correlation probably wouldn't make sense.

The whole "back seat" thing came about due to airbags.

As a result the number of kids that die in cars because they have been "forgotten" has gone way up (but no doubt the numbers comparing overall deaths saved by airbags has gone down).

Since airbags aren't intended to save infants a direct correlation probably wouldn't make sense.

Thanks.

Airbags can be turned off now, though so hopefully they will change the laws and allow them back in the front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam