GA - Tara Grinstead, 29, Ocilla, 22 Oct 2005 #1 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the glove and if it was planted evidence. I'm not sure I believe that. But . . .

First, that's an indication of pre-meditation. Meaning, this was somebody who was dead-set (no pun intended) on making Tara disappear Saturday or Sunday--whenever the attack happened.

Second, taking a glove that has somebody else's DNA and fingerprint isn't as crafty as a person might think. To do that the killer would have to know that the person whose DNA and fingerprint were on the glove, doesn't have a record. Because the last thing the killer would want is the DNA leading to somebody who had an iron-clad alibi for the entire weekend. Or to the fingerprint of somebody who was in California at the time. I know that's kind of counter-intuitive but it makes sense. Because from there, the cops would be able to figure out who within Tara's circle had a connection to both her and the person with the DNA/fingerprint.

It's like somebody who uses a rental to commit a crime. That's all well and good until the cops figure out where the car was rented from and a copy of your ID is in the files of the rental car company. Then, the entire plan falls apart. A person is better off using his or her own car because it's much more random and for the cops it's easier to check rental companies than it is to track down every person with a red 2010 Dodge ram truck, for example.

Third, a planted glove would also tell me that this crime was particular to Tara and to no other crime. Because I can't think of another case out there where a latex glove was part of the evidence, and so blatantly just left out there for everyone to see. The more I think about it, it smells of somebody who has watched a few too many Columbo's. It gives me the feeling of somebody who was doing this as some sort of game--more like a dare of some kind than rape/murder being the motivation.

Fourth, not only was the DNA and the fingerprint not in any computer system at the time, it hasn't appeared in any 10 years later. So, at some point you have to figure this: Either those belong to somebody who is a strict, law-abiding citizen OR the person is dead.

But although I'm not certain about it being planted, you can make the case that if a killer is going to wear latex gloves to commit a murder, why then take at least one off while the person is still at the crime scene? It's like: if you're gonna wear the gloves, wear them the whole time. If you're not gonna wear the gloves the whole time, then why bother at all?

As I've stated before a while ago on this thread, the tough part is that Tara had a lot of admirers--all the ones we know, and probably several she didn't even know about. And any of them or any of their gf's/wives could've done it. I'm sure the list of POI's in this case numbers in at least the 20's.

fasteddy8170, I like your theory in some ways but this particular situation reeks of way more than some rookie killer with a game in mind to me. I feel like this was a cool, calm, and collected response and cover up by someone with close connections to investigations. Very few crimes these days can be committed with little to no evidence left behind. When crimes happen like this with basically no trace left...you can chalk it up to a few options only. 1) The person was somewhat intelligent in how to cover their tracks...and had a good bit of luck, 2) The person was stupid, and just got really lucky, or 3) The person knew exactly what would be looked for and how to get away with the perfect crime...because they know exactly what LE would be looking for. Sundrop is correct in my opinion. You don't get lucky for 10 years. This male/female knew what they were doing or had the help of someone who did. Not many perfect crimes are committed...and you want us to believe this was dumb luck?

I suppose Israel Keyes has been ruled out since CODIS/GBI surely has his dna profile to compare with the dna in the glove???

I believe whoever abducted Tara was very intelligent and meticulous , leaving the glove to taunt police, perhaps.

I just don't understand why, after a certain period of time, that all information isn't released to the public. Nothing may come of it but what is there to lose especially when they have dna evidence??

The killer has crime scene and police knowledge

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

No movement in 2016 yet I see. Does anybody have any news or updates? How about any new theories? Is law enforcement doing anything on this case at this time?

No movement in 2016 yet I see. Does anybody have any news or updates? How about any new theories? Is law enforcement doing anything on this case at this time?
Absolutely nothing happening, GBI waiting for a miracle to fall out of the sky

Regarding the glove and if it was planted evidence. I'm not sure I believe that. But . . .

First, that's an indication of pre-meditation. Meaning, this was somebody who was dead-set (no pun intended) on making Tara disappear Saturday or Sunday--whenever the attack happened.

Second, taking a glove that has somebody else's DNA and fingerprint isn't as crafty as a person might think. To do that the killer would have to know that the person whose DNA and fingerprint were on the glove, doesn't have a record. Because the last thing the killer would want is the DNA leading to somebody who had an iron-clad alibi for the entire weekend. Or to the fingerprint of somebody who was in California at the time. I know that's kind of counter-intuitive but it makes sense. Because from there, the cops would be able to figure out who within Tara's circle had a connection to both her and the person with the DNA/fingerprint.

It's like somebody who uses a rental to commit a crime. That's all well and good until the cops figure out where the car was rented from and a copy of your ID is in the files of the rental car company. Then, the entire plan falls apart. A person is better off using his or her own car because it's much more random and for the cops it's easier to check rental companies than it is to track down every person with a red 2010 Dodge ram truck, for example.

Third, a planted glove would also tell me that this crime was particular to Tara and to no other crime. Because I can't think of another case out there where a latex glove was part of the evidence, and so blatantly just left out there for everyone to see. The more I think about it, it smells of somebody who has watched a few too many Columbo's. It gives me the feeling of somebody who was doing this as some sort of game--more like a dare of some kind than rape/murder being the motivation.

Fourth, not only was the DNA and the fingerprint not in any computer system at the time, it hasn't appeared in any 10 years later. So, at some point you have to figure this: Either those belong to somebody who is a strict, law-abiding citizen OR the person is dead.

But although I'm not certain about it being planted, you can make the case that if a killer is going to wear latex gloves to commit a murder, why then take at least one off while the person is still at the crime scene? It's like: if you're gonna wear the gloves, wear them the whole time. If you're not gonna wear the gloves the whole time, then why bother at all?

As I've stated before a while ago on this thread, the tough part is that Tara had a lot of admirers--all the ones we know, and probably several she didn't even know about. And any of them or any of their gf's/wives could've done it. I'm sure the list of POI's in this case numbers in at least the 20's.
Girlfriends or wives? Now I'm starting to wonder who's watched too many epsiodes of Columbo. :pillowfight2: The chances of the perp being a woman are almost zero. For one thing, if the DNA on the glove belonged to a female, I think we would have heard that. The main reason, however, is that a female would not have been able to overpower Tara and get her off the property with so little evidence left. It must have been a male with a significant advantage in size and muscularity. I don't know of a single case of a lone woman kidnapping another woman. I won't say it's never happened, but it must be ridiculously rare.

When it comes to the reason why the glove was removed, the explanation might be a simple one: Maybe after the perp exited the house, he didn't plan to touch anything that would collect a fingerprint, and maybe he wanted to grope Tara with his bare hand.

I don't know if this link has been posted before. My apologies if it has, but the first posting at the top I find interesting. Godwin seems to indicate HD with his comment
http://missingexploited.com/category/tara-grinstead/

HD? (Heath Dykes?) Interesting. Many have speculated that whoever did something to Tara had knowledge of crime scene investigation. Which is why some suspected her ex-boyfriend was a former policeman in the town. HD was in LE as well, but in a different town.

If there was ever anyone likely to be able to commit a perfect murder...possibly a cop?

All strictly MOO of course.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

If there was ever anyone likely to be able to commit a perfect murder...possibly a cop?

All strictly MOO of course.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Sounds most plausible answer.

I agree with Mr. Godwin as I have stated repeatedly on this site. Heath Dykes is responsible. I would love to know exactly what is missing that does not allow them to dig into min a little more. If they could connect the dots they would have done it by now. Speculation doesn't get the judge to sign a search warrant. Mark my words...if they figure this one out, H.D. is your man.

I think the same , Intrigue. I find it so incredibly baffling that it's been ten years and nothing more has been discovered about this case. No body, no evidence. I hope they do figure something out. Something makes me wonder if there's a cover up involved.

I agree with Mr. Godwin as I have stated repeatedly on this site. Heath Dykes is responsible. I would love to know exactly what is missing that does not allow them to dig into min a little more. If they could connect the dots they would have done it by now. Speculation doesn't get the judge to sign a search warrant. Mark my words...if they figure this one out, H.D. is your man.
Tell Dykes to release his phone records

Geez Sundrop...this is the first time in my life that the enquirer has had a useful article. Lol. When will we be able to stop speculating about this? I wish something would change or there were something to report.

The article was from 2006 and the author actually visited Ocilla and was able to get inside information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member