GA - Tara Grinstead, 29, Ocilla, 22 Oct 2005 #1 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
CrimeHater said:
As far as her car- she could have moved the seat back for something as simple as dropping something and reaching for it. Any other time it wouldn't be unnormal, but since she's missing it would definatly stand out.
I'm wondering if when she drives, since she's pretty short, she has to sit fairly close to the steering wheel. This might make it hard to get out of the car, especially if it's a bucket seat, so when she exits maybe she pushes the seat back a bit. Could explain the seat being out of position.

adit said:
I'm wondering if when she drives, since she's pretty short, she has to sit fairly close to the steering wheel. This might make it hard to get out of the car, especially if it's a bucket seat, so when she exits maybe she pushes the seat back a bit. Could explain the seat being out of position.
That's a good point. I'm fairly short, and I often push my seat back before getting out of the car.

adit said:
I'm pretty sure he wasn't at the pageant. I think somebody, somewhere on one of these boards took "he was in town that day" and turned it into "he was at the pageant" and somehow it's been passed along as fact. That information is false.

I got an email from the Tara website stating that another board was being set up for discussion, not hers. It seems emotions are flying and quite a lot of this kind of thing is ongoing.

MistyGirl said:
I didn't mean to start a rumour I just had read it in a post and thought well maybe so and so happened. I do aplogize!

Don't apologize discussion takes all kinds of turns especially when local folks join in. Boundaries are drawn almost immediately depending on who they know in the situation.

Trino said:
Word on the General Discussion forum is that Tara left on her own. It seems her name has been deleted from the FBI missing persons site.

http://findtara.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=2&sid=fcae8ed6a86d8c8aefd369e91cd999f8

I heard that and have been searching and can't find anything to verify.Is she another Jennifer Wilbanks? I certainly hope she isn't over the edge for some guy who said he wasn't interested in marriage. Good Lord, we have all come so far. This pageantry aspect reminds me of Patsy Ramsey and those stupid goals.

Not denigrating southern traditions as I am southern too. But come on...we all are worth more than that.

concernedperson said:
Not denigrating southern traditions as I am southern too. But come on...we all are worth more than that.

Tara was nearly 31, lived in a very small town, her boyfriend of 6 years didn't want marriage, which was very important to her, not much hope of meeting Mr. Right.

I agree that we are worth more than this, and it's sad if she would go this crazy over a guy, but maybe she wanted marriage and a family more than anything. I just hope she's safe.

Trino said:
Tara was nearly 31, lived in a very small town, her boyfriend of 6 years didn't want marriage, which was very important to her, not much hope of meeting Mr. Right.

I agree that we are worth more than this, and it's sad if she would go this crazy over a guy, but maybe she wanted marriage and a family more than anything. I just hope she's safe.

You know I want her to be safe. Jeez, more than anything. But if this is a hoax (Thanks Jennifer Wilbanks) I don't want any of us to be qualified by a man but rather what we do as individuals. If you want to have kids without the benefit of marriage and you can support them, do it. Love goes beyond all boundaries. I love my kids and the love I feel for them never had anything to do with a man. Although, I have been hurt by a few but it never defined me.

Maybe Tara did leave on her own. I don't know what to think. However, if someone pulls a stunt like this I think they have serious mental problems beyond wanting marriage and children at 31. There are a lot of single 31 year old women that would never consider doing something crazy like running away in this manner. Truly most single women are not that desperate.
I have always thought Jennifer Wilbanks had far more serious issues than wanting out of her wedding.
According to this article the search was complete and that is why it ended.
However, I can't explain her pic. and info being pulled from the GBI site.

New Phase in Search for Tara Grinstead
By Marilyn Bardsley
Ocilla, GA (Crime Library) - Tara Grinstead's family and the Ocilla community was shocked when recent headlines suggested that the search for Tara had been called off. Nothing could be farther from the truth. The reality is that the intensive 2-week initial effort to search the 358 square miles of Irwin County involving 50 law enforcement and safety agencies using helicopters, planes, ATVs, horses, etc. was completed.

more at link...
http://www.crimelibrary.com/news/original/1105/1101_tara_grinstead_volunteers.html

mic730 said:
Maybe Tara did leave on her own. I don't know what to think. However, if someone pulls a stunt like this I think they have serious mental problems beyond wanting marriage and children at 31. There are a lot of single 31 year old women that would never consider doing something crazy like running away. Truly most single women are not that desperate.

I agree. I don't what is going on. The GBI website is gone. They have called off the search and it just leaves you to wonder.I wish someone would come aboard with real facts. I am not about being duped again when there are serious cases out there. God forbid she is injured but so are a lot of others. The others...and there are so many...deserve our attention. What is going on?

concernedperson said:
I agree. I don't what is going on. The GBI website is gone. They have called off the search and it just leaves you to wonder.I wish someone would come aboard with real facts. I am not about being duped again when there are serious cases out there. God forbid she is injured but so are a lot of others. The others...and there are so many...deserve our attention. What is going on?

I just added some info to my post CP.
I don't know what is going on but I hope it gets resolved.
I wish the GBI would say why the removed the link.
It was there right? I never went there until tonight.

mic730 said:
New Phase in Search for Tara Grinstead
By Marilyn Bardsley
Ocilla, GA (Crime Library) - Tara Grinstead's family and the Ocilla community was shocked when recent headlines suggested that the search for Tara had been called off. Nothing could be farther from the truth. The reality is that the intensive 2-week initial effort to search the 358 square miles of Irwin County involving 50 law enforcement and safety agencies using helicopters, planes, ATVs, horses, etc. was completed.
more at link...
http://www.crimelibrary.com/news/original/1105/1101_tara_grinstead_volunteers.html

Maybe I'm completely off base, but something seems wrong about the search. She's off the GBI site and the General Discussion say LE (not family) may feel she left on her own.

is it possible she contacted LE and asked not to be found?

Take a look at the discussions board on Findtara.com. The house fire. SUV burned along with the house. The housesitter is an ex cop and friend of the ex boyfriend. The removal of Tara from the GBI website. LE calling off the search. All of this happening at about the same time. It makes me want to believe that there is a lot of info out here that is not being disclosed to the public. If that is true though, why has family members been interviewed this week and they haven't told the public anything. This makes me think something is up with this whole case. But I knew after the first few days with all the LE officials that had relationships with Tara, it was going to be a hard case to solve. My hope and prayer is that she is still alive and will be back with her family soon.

I was under the impression that they found $300.00 in her car. If she left on her own, why wouldn't she have taken that money with her? I can understand creating some kind of "misdirection" if she didn't want to be found, but $300.00?

Pandora said:
I was under the impression that they found $300.00 in her car. If she left on her own, why wouldn't she have taken that money with her? I can understand creating some kind of "misdirection" if she didn't want to be found, but $300.00?

I believe the $300.00 was found in her house.

The one big thing that bothers me is that I don't think she would abandon her cat and dog.

Trino said:
I believe the $300.00 was found in her house.

The one big thing that bothers me is that I don't think she would abandon her cat and dog.
I read that the $300.00 cash was found in the glove compartment or car console.
:doh:

I'm sure there are a lot of versions out there.
I'll try to find the link where I saw it. Who knows what the truth is at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd