GA GA - Timothy Cunningham, 35, Chamblee, 12 Feb 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
An interesting question would be why did the neighbor feel the need to ever mention this ?

And did he ask the same thing of anyone else that we haven’t heard about yet? I can see that as something LE would want to keep close to the vest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good points. A few thoughts:

The neighbor may not have had the opportunity to ask Tim why -- Tim may have called across the way to the neighbor and then gone inside, or may have otherwise nonverbally communicated that he didn't want to talk, even if on some level he did want to talk. Or maybe he would've felt more comfortable talking with the wife but happened to see the husband.

Also, even though I tend to think this was a cry for help, another possibility has occurred to me. I'm wondering whether the number in the neighbor lady's phone was to Tim's personal phone or his work cell phone (or possibly to a work office number, though I doubt it). (I think articles have implied he had two cell phones.)

Could Tim have thought he was in trouble for receiving too many calls at work or to his work cell phone? Maybe the woman next door tended to call with messages such as "Bo's barking again."

They said they found everything that belonged to Tim -- I'm guessing that included his work cell phone, if he had one. Though if he'd lost the phone, that might've been another reason to tell people to take its number out of their phones.

I'm still inclined toward the "another cry for help" theory, but these are some other possibilities.

I'm sure his mother is upset that she didn't pick up on that early morning text or later call. I'm sure if she'd known what was going to happen, she'd've kept her phone on. As you say, he either had had other instances of drama, or on the other hand, maybe drama from him was so unusual that she didn't think answering every call would be important.

Ooooh, interesting idea -- that he gave his neighbor a work cell number. I'm seeing (tx to responses on here) that there are several possible + fairly logical reasons for the "tell your wife to delete my cell number" request that *may* not necessarily lean toward a self-harm conclusion. [But full disclosure: I *always* tend to look for reasons to hope].

Ooooh, interesting idea -- that he gave his neighbor a work cell number. I'm seeing (tx to responses on here) that there are several possible + fairly logical reasons for the "tell your wife to delete my cell number" request that *may* not necessarily lean toward a self-harm conclusion. [But full disclosure: I *always* tend to look for reasons to hope].

That has been what I’ve been saying for a while on this thread— it’s possible he gave her his work number. If she let Bo out while he was at work and he could only have that phone in meetings, it would make sense for him to give her (and only her) that phone number. And if he planned on quitting his job, or if he lost the phone, wanted to find a new life OR end his life, the only person he would need to tell would be her (as long as she’s the only one that would let Bo out during the day) because colleagues would find out eventually (or already knew if he lost it) and delete the number themselves.

Edit: if there was an emergency with Bo, he would be able to see it in a meeting and respond as needed, or even leave the meeting. Not sure if that was clear as I wrote above

Double edit: since LE doesn’t seem very concerned about it, it makes me think that the work phone had been lost and he hadn’t gotten a new one yet, or something like that

That has been what I’ve been saying for a while on this thread— it’s possible he gave her his work number. If she let Bo out while he was at work and he could only have that phone in meetings, it would make sense for him to give her (and only her) that phone number. And if he planned on quitting his job, or if he lost the phone, wanted to find a new life OR end his life, the only person he would need to tell would be her (as long as she’s the only one that would let Bo out during the day) because colleagues would find out eventually (or already knew if he lost it) and delete the number themselves.

Edit: if there was an emergency with Bo, he would be able to see it in a meeting and respond as needed, or even leave the meeting. Not sure if that was clear as I wrote above

Double edit: since LE doesn’t seem very concerned about it, it makes me think that the work phone had been lost and he hadn’t gotten a new one yet, or something like that

Seems like there are two reasons LE doesn't seem concerned about things. One is that it isn't significant, and the other is that it's really significant. The stuff we hear about tends to be the first kind...

That has been what I’ve been saying for a while on this thread— it’s possible he gave her his work number. If she let Bo out while he was at work and he could only have that phone in meetings, it would make sense for him to give her (and only her) that phone number. And if he planned on quitting his job, or if he lost the phone, wanted to find a new life OR end his life, the only person he would need to tell would be her (as long as she’s the only one that would let Bo out during the day) because colleagues would find out eventually (or already knew if he lost it) and delete the number themselves

It still seems very odd to me. Lots of times people lose a phone (or quit a job etc.) and they don't explicitly tell you to delete the phone number from your contacts. You stop using it because it's no longer current, or update it when they give you a new number to replace it with, but telling someone to delete a number because it's no longer current seems unusual. Do people ask their friends to delete an expired number? I've never had this happen.

Do we know if that picture of the car was released by the police or if it could have come from his parents? Do we know when it was taken?

Just a thought. Let's say a special someone answers Timothy's phone for him when neighbor lady calls or they see a woman's name on his contact list and they becomes jealous without cause and not even wait for an explanation. Last straw for whomever answered & they threaten to break up with Timothy. Timothy goes to jealous person to clear the air & there is an argument & physical altercation.

Was Timothy in a relationship, maybe even with a work colleague. Maybe even a married colleague?

Jealous people sometimes do horrid things.

Just another theory or two. MOO.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

It still seems very odd to me. Lots of times people lose a phone (or quit a job etc.) and they don't explicitly tell you to delete the phone number from your contacts. You stop using it because it's no longer current, or update it when they give you a new number to replace it with, but telling someone to delete a number because it's no longer current seems unusual. Do people ask their friends to delete an expired number? I've never had this happen.

I’ve done it. Maybe it’s a government employee thing. People get pretty pissed off when they inherit a phone number and the person before them didn’t tell their contacts that it’s not their number anymore.

http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/gbi-body-found-in-yellow-river-that-of-young-lady

Posted: Mar 06 2018 04:42PM EST

NEWTON COUNTY, Ga. - Investigators are closer to identifying the body found in the Yellow River over the weekend after an autopsy Tuesday.
Officials said a fisherman found the body Saturday about a quarter mile south of Rocky Plains Road.
The Georgia Bureau of Investigation’s Crime Lab said the body is that of a girl or young lady, possibly African American or bi-racial, between the ages of 12 and 17. Investigators said there are no apparent identifying scars, marks or tattoos on the body.

The cause and manner of death are still undetermined.

http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/gbi-body-found-in-yellow-river-that-of-young-lady

Posted: Mar 06 2018 04:42PM EST

NEWTON COUNTY, Ga. - Investigators are closer to identifying the body found in the Yellow River over the weekend after an autopsy Tuesday.
Officials said a fisherman found the body Saturday about a quarter mile south of Rocky Plains Road.
The Georgia Bureau of Investigation’s Crime Lab said the body is that of a girl or young lady, possibly African American or bi-racial, between the ages of 12 and 17. Investigators said there are no apparent identifying scars, marks or tattoos on the body.

The cause and manner of death are still undetermined.

Glad it’s not Tim, but.....
This is horrible! Makes me so sad.

My thoughts exactly; we only have the neighbor's word on this exchange, unless I'm missing something. I think too much is being made of it!

Re the neighbours husband not asking any questions about Tim telling wife to delete his number, i dont find it that strange him not asking why.
If it was said to my husband hed just say ok, come in and tell me, and id be the one saying why who what etc.

And, in context, it seems highly unusual if a person disappears a few days after telling someone to delete their number. Why ? If Tim self harmed, what difference would it make if his number was on the neighbor lady's phone ??? She would realize quickly that Tim had disappeared. So why was it important to Tim to say this ? This conversation is one of the last known convos that Tim had, outside of the ones with his sister and his father.

And if he planned on quitting his job, or if he lost the phone, wanted to find a new life OR end his life, the only person he would need to tell would be her (as long as she’s the only one that would let Bo out during the day) because colleagues would find out eventually (or already knew if he lost it) and delete the number themselves.

I am beginning to wonder if maybe he quit his job in that meeting.

Who reported that he was going home sick, the boss, the co-workers, or the parents? And who confirmed that the meeting was about why he didn't get the promotion?

And, in context, it seems highly unusual if a person disappears a few days after telling someone to delete their number. Why ? If Tim self harmed, what difference would it make if his number was on the neighbor lady's phone ??? She would realize quickly that Tim had disappeared. So why was it important to Tim to say this ? This conversation is one of the last known convos that Tim had, outside of the ones with his sister and his father.
That's if the conversation between the two actually happened...

At 9:12 a.m., Cunningham called his mother's cell phone, but she was at the gym and did not answer. Cunningham did not leave a message, O'Connor said.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/27/health/missing-cdc-epidemiologist-update/index.html

This is also interesting. So, there was an unanswered "Are you awake" text at 5:12 and a call that was made but didn't go thru at 9:12? Wonder why he didn't call his father? Could their previous conversation have made him feel that he couldn't reach out to his father?

I am beginning to wonder if maybe he quit his job in that meeting.

Who reported that he was going home sick, the boss, the co-workers, or the parents? And who confirmed that the meeting was about why he didn't get the promotion?
That wouldnt surprise me either. I think a lot wasnt released just in case he did return, or they thought his resignation was in heat of the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow