GA GA/TN - Adam Lemons, 33, Chattanooga, Chickamauga Battlefield, 20 Sept 2020

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by moonrise, Sep 23, 2020.

1. moonrise

moonrise Well-Known Member

Man goes missing after SUV breaks down on Sunday - WDEF

[​IMG]

Adam Lemons was working on his daughter's 2004, four door, black Chrysler Pacifica, and had gone to LKQ Junk Yard in Chattanooga, TN for a part. He texted her saying he was on his way home when the car broke down. Lemons told his wife a man was helping him and that he may have to get it towed. He has not been heard from since. No bank activity.

He was last seen on camera leaving the junk yard. People have reported seeing vehicle parked in Chickamauga Battlefield (just across the state line, in Georgia).

Personal comments: This is local to me. The junk yard is located near an "iffy" part of Chattanooga called Alton Park. Chickamauga Battlefield is less than 5 miles from my house. There are hiking and horse trails winding all through it, and the roads are well-travelled by vehicles (including many park rangers), joggers, and bikers. Chickamauga Creek is on the southern border of the park.

There is a video here (link also posted above): Man goes missing after SUV breaks down on Sunday - WDEF My heart breaks for his wife. I can't even imagine what she's going through. :(

Map (created by me, using the info in the news article):

[​IMG]

(This is only the second thread I've ever posted. Hope I did it correctly. My sincere apologies if I missed something!)

Edited to add a map.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020

2. KatzEye

KatzEye Well-Known Member

FB group for Adam with lots of family members posting. Haven't thoroughly checked it out yet.

Facebook Groups

@moonrise - You did a wonderful job posting this thread. Thank you ! Having previously lived in Chatta for many years, I have to agree with you on Alton Park neighborhood. I'm curious if the vehicle has just been seen at CB or if LE actually has it. Will dig more later on this.

3. Tattarattat

Tattarattat Well-Known Member

I remember many a field trip as a child traveling to the battlefield. Beautiful area. I really would be sad to hear that what seemed like a Good Samaritan situation really was not.

4. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Man goes missing after SUV breaks down on Sunday - WDEF

To Note:
    Sunday Sept 20 (afternoon)

•after working on his daughter’s 2004, four door, Black Chrysler Pacifica, he sent a text to his wife stating he was on his way home from a Chattanooga car parts junkyard when the car broke down; also stated a man was helping him out and that he may have to get it towed.
    •hasn’t been heard from since Sun afternoon
    •no bank account activity or any activity
    •video did capture him leaving LKQ Junkyard
    •reported sightings of the daughter’s car parked in the Chickamauga battlefield.

Chattanooga police confirm they are the agency involved in Adam Lemon’s disappearance and that they are investigating.

5. TatianaBarbie

TatianaBarbie Well-Known Member

I did a Facebook search for, "Adam Lemons missing." He wife has an informative post, in addition to informative comments. I'm glad to see that the family set up an informative find page (thanks for posting that, @KatzEye!).

Adam's Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/adam.lemons.52

6. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

I assume there were just sightings of the vehicle at the battlefield and the actual vehicle wasn’t found still there by LE or family?

7. TatianaBarbie

TatianaBarbie Well-Known Member

IMO, you are correct. The vehicle hasn't been located, those were just sightings.

8. YaYa_521

YaYa_521 Forum Coordinator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

Facebook Groups
    24 Sep
    There are pictures showing maps of the are where Adam's phone was pinged.
    See comments.

Facebook Groups
    24 Sep
    They'll be hanging flyers Saturday and Sunday in Chattanooga and north Georgia.

9. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Looking at the maps shared, one point is labeled “witnesses saw Adam here.” Does this mean witnesses actually laid eyes on him in the area, not just the car?

AnnaGrace, AWelch08, Laughing and 4 others like this.
  10. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Help Us Find Adam Lemon fb

Sept 24
    Family & friends have been searching all around Chickamauga battlefield. They are asking for more help, almost begging for people to please help them search. They are also asking if anyone has dogs that may be able to assist to please reach out to them.

11. azure

azure Well-Known Member

Wait, what, he's 33 and has a daughter with two children??

From Man goes missing after SUV breaks down on Sunday - WDEF
    "He wouldn’t take off in her car. He has a vehicle. He has been trying to fix it because she is a mother with two children. He doesn’t want them stranded on the highway,” says Goetz"

Eloise, TatianaBarbie and Weeobanite like this.
  12. YaYa_521

YaYa_521 Forum Coordinator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

There are plenty ways that could logically equate out, including the fact that maybe they both started young (he and his daughter). I'm not sure how their ages matter to him being located safely though.;) MOO

OldCop, Laughing, Weeobanite and 2 others like this.
  13. SAMS

SAMS TC Writer

Not liking this. Wonder how much (if any) money he had on him, or if he’s wearing an expensive watch, etc that could deem him a target for the guy that stopped to help? Any known enemies?

Luckyzmom and Weeobanite like this.
  14. azure

azure Well-Known Member

I actually thought a detail might have been misreported but I just watched the video and the article is correct as quoted by the wife.

modesty blaise and broadviewren like this.
  15. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

16. AmandaSkis

AmandaSkis Well-Known Member

This story doesn’t make sense. I think this might be a voluntary disappearance and there was no Good Samaritan. MOO

17. KatzEye

KatzEye Well-Known Member

AnnaGrace, TatianaBarbie and Laughing like this.
  18. AWelch08

AWelch08 New Member

Trying to get a better understanding... he left the pick a part (per camera) at 5:07 and then per flier his last text saying he broke down was at 7:50 what was he doing during this 2+ hours? In between when he left and when he broke down just a few minutes down the road???

19. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Have they found out who this Good Samaritan was? Have they contacted LE to help out with details? Is there a Good Samaritan or was this person up to no good?

Laughing and bombardier like this.
  20. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

It’s a possibility that there wasn’t a Good Samaritan because he sent a text saying he was broke down & a guy was there to help him...so it wasn’t like his wife could actually hear someone else during a phone call.
    But l don’t get the feeling of a voluntary disappearance. I could be wrong though. I feel if he were to do that, he would have took a more reliable vehicle, his own car. MOO