GA GA/TN - Adam Lemons, 33, Chattanooga, Chickamauga Battlefield, 20 Sept 2020

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by moonrise, Sep 23, 2020.

1. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Would you link the site or share the flier that states the 7:50 time? I’ve looked at a few fliers but haven’t come across that one or I’m looking over it. Thanks!

2. moonrise

moonrise Well-Known Member

I'm the OP (local to the area). Not much to post update-wise, other than the family organized a search party in the battlefield this morning. It doesn't appear that they've found anything yet. Weather-wise, it rained pretty much all day Thursday (yesterday), so I'm sure some of those trails are a muddy mess.

My husband and I drove around for hours, looking for skid marks or any tire tracks where a vehicle may have left the road, but found nothing. Others have done the same. Nothing.

There still doesn't seem to be any information about the identity of the man who was helping him fix the vehicle. Nobody has come forward. If the vehicle was seen at the visitor's center, where lots of older guns and historical artifacts are on display, it would seem that there would be security cameras. (??)

Here's a link to the trail map, if anyone is interested. The more difficult trails are on the northwest side (you can see the terrain on the map), but even with my bad knee, I've been able to hike most of them. Also, the horse trails are generally wider and easier than the foot-only trails. https://www.nps.gov/chch/planyourvisit/upload/Chickamauga-Battlefield-Trail-Map.pdf

Here are a few random photos I've taken of the trails in the last couple of years. These are all easier/wider trails, but you can see the surroundings and how muddy some of the trails can be after it rains. Some trails are also rocky and root-y. A few are steep. The woods get VERY dense in some places. As far as potentially dangerous wildlife, there are a crazy number of deer, but they run if they feel you're too close. Coyotes have been seen/heard, but I've never heard of park coyotes being aggressive toward people. As far as I know, no bears have ever been seen in the battlefield. There are small streams that meander through the park, and, as mentioned, Chickamauga Creek runs along with southern border.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
  3. Eloise

Eloise Well-Known Member

You're right, it doesn't matter, per se. But being a 33 year old grandfather is so extremely rare (at least it is in current times), my first thought was to find out if they got his age right.

4. moonrise

Step-daughter, maybe?

5. Laughing

Laughing Well-Known Member

Well, I once met a 30 year old grandmother. Didn't like the math then, still don't like it!

Agree, though, that 33 is young, the step-daughter idea is good.

@moonrise was it rainy on Wednesday evening or Wednesday night?

YaYa_521 likes this.
  6. moonrise

The remnants of storm "Beta" started coming through on Wednesday evening, with most of the rain happening yesterday. Here's a link to the weather forecast for Wednesday:

TatianaBarbie, mlhenn and Laughing like this.
  7. moonrise

Found alive, in Florida, per his mother on the Facebook page. No details given as of yet.

8. YaYa_521

YaYa_521 Forum Coordinator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

Hopefully his return will be confirmed by LE. I'm glad to know he's safe. TY for the update.

9. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

https://m.facebook.com/groups/633258314219305

A
    ccording to Find fb page (2 posts), he has been found safe. Family is asking for privacy

MFH, KatzEye, realanastasia and 6 others like this.
  10. TatianaBarbie

TatianaBarbie Well-Known Member

Wow! This was not what I expected, but I'm so glad he was found alive. Prayers for the family to recover from this event.

MFH, YaYa_521, Eloise and 3 others like this.
  11. wendybtn

wendybtn Well-Known Member

He is in the hospital in his old hometown so I doubt we will hear another thing about him.

12. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

13. EmmaRose

EmmaRose Well-Known Member

So glad to hear that Adam has been found and he is alive. Happy for his family.

YaYa_521, Laughing and mlhenn like this.
  14. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Anyone able to find a link that will allow this thread to be changed to located?

lindamichelle1 likes this.