GA - Trent Lehrkamp, 19, victim of extreme hazing, St. Simons Island, 21 Mar 2023

This is horrific :(.

What hope is there when kids are already this depraved?.
Kids have always been like this, it was extremely common even into the early '00s. A kid died this way in I think '05 like three blocks from my house and I saw it myself (no one ever went to the I unit just by luck) in the 90s. There is about a million times more accountability these days than the ever used to be and things like this have precipitously declined. I don't know that I remember the last time I read a story like this. There were some deaths associated with actual formal hazing that made the news some years ago, that's probably why they have that word "hazing" locked and loaded when this just sounds like primitive bullying. Someone should have stood up for him.

Imo, it's not hazing. I'd go as far as saying attempted murder, because their actions showed deliberate, intentionally and reckless extreme disregard for human life, though Trent was taken to the hospital the attack was vicious and brutal. I know I am overreacting with attempted murder; however, I'm so disgusted with what happened to this young man.

Edited: moo
It’s really frustrating that the word “hazing” continues to be used by authorities and media as that law is very specific and was written in response to deaths due to fraternity’s hazing for membership. They should know better unless this little gang is school sanctioned organization.

2020 Georgia Code :: Title 16 - Crimes and Offenses :: Chapter 5 - Crimes Against the Person :: Article 4 - Reckless Conduct :: § 16-5-61. Hazing

1. As used in this Code section, the term:
    1. "Haze" means to subject a student to an activity which endangers or is likely to endanger the physical health of a student, regardless of a student's willingness to participate in such activity.
    2. "School" means any school, college, or university in this state.
    3. "School organization" means any club, society, fraternity, sorority, or a group living together which has students as its principal members.
    4. "Student" means any person enrolled in a school in this state.
      1. It shall be unlawful for any person to haze any student in connection with or as a condition or precondition of gaining acceptance, membership, office, or other status in a school organization.
      2. Any person who violates this Code section shall be guilty of a misdemeanor of a high and aggravated nature.

A lot longer than that. My dad taught at our local university, and a teen died there from a hazing party. It was shrugged off, but his mother said he had bruise marks like people held him down and pried his mouth open. This was in the 80s.
Yep, Greek fraternities today are only mimicking ancient fraternities.
It’s all just bullying which has probably been around as long as society.

A Brief History of Fraternity/Sorority Paddles and Recommendations - Fraternal Law

The practice of hazing, subjecting individuals to abusive or humiliating ritual activities for initiation purposes is traced back to the military in ancient Greece. European universities in the middle ages adopted hazing practices such as upperclassmen forcing new students to act as servants. These practices were then brought to America. Harvard has evidence of upperclassmen hazing freshman at as early as 1657. When the first fraternity was established in 1776, evidence of its use of hazing followed as soon as 1781.

This is horrific :(.

What hope is there when kids are already this depraved?.
College students do things like this to each other all the time, especially in fraternities. Too many have died as a result.

Another website reported that this young man was autistic, but other sources denied this. Other people who knew him said that he had symptoms of depression, and just wanted friends and was willing to put up with this to have some semblance of a social life.

I'm not finding this information. Lemme guess: law enforcement?

I guess we will know when, or if, they are charged.

Georgia Teen Tortured By Students - FITSNews

Several of the individuals alleged to have participated in the abduction and torture of Lehrkamp hail from prominent local families, sources familiar with the situation told this news outlet. That has prompted many in the community to question the investigation – and the belated local coverage of it.

“This is why (it) took so long to come out,” one local parent told this news outlet. “They were going to try and sweep this under the rug.”

I am conflicted about how the victims name is in the title thread all exposed ,not the OPs fault at all but the case being such a emotionally charged one where the victim survives IMO normally this is more guarded . I question how it became okay with MSM To legally be able to do that . That bit of information is worth knowing later on ,it is not important ATM. Glynn county .. Citizens on Patrol . RIP Ahmaud Arbery. I AM telling y'all Glynn county has a Moselle road and a red headed Alex. ( not really a red head alex ,please dont go hunt innocent people down)

I'm thinking lawyers
The police chief said the victim is cooperating with LE, they also said he had no visible injuries.
Maybe the alleged perpetrators defense is that TL willingly drank the vodka and ate the magic mushrooms, spray painted himself, peed all over himself, then pooped in his own lap, taped himself to a chair and asked to have photos taken while his “friends” shoot the bird at the camera?

Last edited:
Horrifying, what Trent was subjected to. I hope now that this is out in the public, those vile young men are prosecuted harshly. No excuse for their behavior.

moo

I agree. They should be charged to the full extent of the law. No one should be above the law.

I feel so bad for this victim. It sounds like he was tortured, and no one has even been arrested yet. JMO.

The police chief said the victim is cooperating with LE, they also said he had no visible injuries.
Maybe the alleged perpetrators defense is that TL willingly drank the vodka and ate the magic mushrooms, spray painted himself, peed all over himself, then pooped in his own lap, taped himself to a chair and asked to have photos taken while his “friends” shoot the bird at the camera?
The victim is cooperating? And what about the perps?

This video shows the house where the assault occured

This tweet from reporter Brett Buffington is a must read. Sounds like there have been people who would like to have silenced him. “…he should think about the feelings of the accused”?! Interesting comments shed some light on why this hasn’t gotten more local press and why no arrests.

The victim is cooperating? And what about the perps?

Would the police chief be related to or close to a relative of one of the abusers I wonder?

What a thing to say. "The victim is cooperating".
Never heard that before :oops:

And please remove "hazing" from the thread title this was pure abuse and bullying, they never wanted him to join their hate team :(

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back