GA - TRIAL OF Ryan Alexander Duke & Bo Dukes - Tara Grinstead, 29, Ocilla, 22 Oct 2005 *Guilty/Not Guilty*

This is the only tweet I could find.

Phil Holloway™ ⚖️✈️
@PhilHollowayEsq
·
5h
Closing Arguments at 9am ET in the #TaraGrinstead murder trial. ~2 hours per side. Should go to the jury mid-afternoon and then we are on verdict watch. Was it #RyanDuke or Bo Dukes? Was it a false confession as the defense says?

link: https://twitter.com/PhilHollowayEsq

Isn't it like almost 12:30pm there now

Ah - I found Nina's tweets! :)

Nina
@AlreadyGonePod
·
3h
Court will start at 9a this morning. Closing arguments. There is a lighter, more relaxed vibe today.

many more people in court today for closing. Ryan's mom is in attendance as well

Uncle Jerry is here!

defense is giving their closing. John Merchant first, then Ashley Merchant.

defense concludes their closing statements

Mr Rigby for the state. He's LOUDLY addressing the jury like a preacher from the pulpit

prosecution is now playing Ryan's confession as part of their closing.

Brad Rigby is now holding Tara's jacket in front of the jury and speaking slowly and softly

the state is showing Ryan's written confession to the jury

Brad Rigby using a mocking voice, "Oh, I'm scared of Bo!"

Brad Rigby - Sometimes people hide who they are.

Brad Rigby wraps up the states closing arguments. While he started out loud and fiery, he finished quietly. You have the power to seek the truth, do the right thing. Be a truth seeker. Honor Tara's memory. #JusticeForTara

7m
the judge is instructing the jury ahead of them being sent for deliberations

link: https://twitter.com/AlreadyGonePod

Looks like the jurors started deliberations at about 12:25pm.

Did Ryan explain why he walked into the police station and confessed right away? I’ve seen false confessions and usually it’s after hours of interrogation where the person is totally beaten down and confesses. Why would Ryan confess? i know he’s not smart at all (like not an ounce of intelligence), but come on! I think Ryan is guilty. As far as I know, Bo’s story has remained the same all these years…not so for Ryan.

Did Ryan explain why he walked into the police station and confessed right away? I’ve seen false confessions and usually it’s after hours of interrogation where the person is totally beaten down and confesses. Why would Ryan confess? i know he’s not smart at all (like not an ounce of intelligence), but come on! I think Ryan is guilty. As far as I know, Bo’s story has remained the same all these years…not so for Ryan.
He just didn't walk in. He was also intimidated by BD. I could go on n on n on. Research the case, take a peek at BD's criminal history, watch the trial. You will answer your own questions.

Count 6 is burglary charge.

Phil Holloway™
@PhilHollowayEsq
·
10h
Just a few hours into deliberations, the #TaraGrinstead jury asks a question about "venue" in the last count in the #RyanDuke indictment - "concealing a death"

IF they are going in order, a verdict MAY be quite close

Possibly....

Update: The #TaraGrinstead jury has been sent home for the day. Deliberations resume at 9 AM Eastern tomorrow.

Nina
@AlreadyGonePod
·
10h
Jury has a question about venue as proper WRT charge 6 – as used in this charge proper means appropriate or correct. #JusticeforTara

Friday, May 20th:
*Trial continues (Day 10)-VERDICT WATCH! (Day 2) (@ 9am ET) - GA - Tara Faye Grinstead (29) (Oct. 22, 2005, Ocilla, still missing) – *Ryan Alexander Duke (21 @ time of crime/33/now 38) charged (2/23/17), arrested (2/23/17), indicted (4/2017) & arraigned (5/4/17) with 2 counts of felony murder & 1 count of malice murder, aggravated assault, burglary & concealing death of another. Plead not guilty. Held without bail.
Trial began on 5/2/22 with jury selection. Trial began on 5/9/22. 12 jurors & 6 alternates. 5/18/22: 1 juror dismissed for sleeping. 12 jurors & 5 alternates. State rested their case on 5/16/22. Defense started their case on 5/16/22 & ended on 5/18/22. Jury deliberations 5/19/22: ~4 ½ hours.
Court hearings from 10/13/17 thru 4/28/22 & Jury selection Day 1-3 (5/3 to 5/5/22) & Trial Day 1-8 (5/9 to 5/18/22) reference post #575 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...d-29-ocilla-22-oct-2005-arrest.430005/page-29

5/19/22 Thursday, Trial Day 9: Closing arguments. Defense attorney John Merchant first, then Ashley Merchant. Brad Rigby for the State. Judge instructed the jury & sent them for deliberations @ 12:25pm (ET). A few hours into deliberations the jury asked a question about venue regarding County 6 (Burglary charge). No verdict reached. Going to “assume” they deliberated until 5pm.
For more info see post #581 & 590 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...d-29-ocilla-22-oct-2005-arrest.430005/page-30
Trial continues on 5/20/22 with jury deliberations.

Accomplice:
*Bo Dukes: Found guilty (3/21/19) of hindering prosecution, concealing death of another & 2 counts making false statement & sentenced to 25 years. 10/22/20 Update:
A hearing was set for 11/24/20, in Wilcox County for Dukes. The judge will consider Dukes' request for a new trial.

My opinion is not going to be popular but it is my opinion. I truly think Ryan is guilty. His confession was real, it was like he was relieved to finally get the truth out. I don’t think he did it because he was scared of Bo or that “he did it because he knew Bo wouldn’t”. When he was younger he would have been more loyal but they hadn’t seen each other for years and were no longer close. I don’t think he did it out of fear. He just blurted it out and seemed relieved to “man up” and “do the right thing”. Now instead of doing both of those things, he has dragged this out for the family and community AND is costing the taxpayers money that that poor community doesn’t have for an expensive, unneccessay trial. I just don’t see how anyone can be Pro Ryan or Pro Bo then claim to be Pro Tara. They both did horrible acts and it is time for Justice for Tara Grinstead. MOO

My opinion is not going to be popular but it is my opinion. I truly think Ryan is guilty. His confession was real, it was like he was relieved to finally get the truth out. I don’t think he did it because he was scared of Bo or that “he did it because he knew Bo wouldn’t”. When he was younger he would have been more loyal but they hadn’t seen each other for years and were no longer close. I don’t think he did it out of fear. He just blurted it out and seemed relieved to “man up” and “do the right thing”. Now instead of doing both of those things, he has dragged this out for the family and community AND is costing the taxpayers money that that poor community doesn’t have for an expensive, unneccessay trial. I just don’t see how anyone can be Pro Ryan or Pro Bo then claim to be Pro Tara. They both did horrible acts and it is time for Justice for Tara Grinstead. MOO
You are entitled to your opinion. Have a good day.

Nina
@AlreadyGonePod
·
1h
Judge is giving some instructions to the jury this morning ahead of continued deliberations. #JusticeforTara

Another question from the jury about venue with regard to charges.

Phil Holloway™ ⚖️✈️
@PhilHollowayEsq
·
2h
It’s verdict watch in the #TaraGrinstead murder trial of State v #RyanDuke

The jury said it’s close after 2 questions about “venue” as it related to the last count of the indictment.

The state says Ryan Duke is the killer. Defense says Bo Dukes is the real killer

Another Jury Question: They want to review State's Exhibit 293 which is the Wilcox County Conviction of Bo Dukes for lying about his role in the #TaraGrinstead case

They also have another question about venue as it pertains to count 6 - concealing a death

I have watched only portions of this trial, but I am leaning toward agreement with this poll:
Host @WSBRadio
Host & Legal Analyst I @Townhallcom
Phil Holloway™
According to my perfectly scientific Twitter poll, currently ~88% of responders say the State failed to carry it's burden of proof beyond a reasonable doubt in the #RyanDukeTrial #TaraGrinstead trial

Quote Tweet
Phil Holloway™
@PhilHollowayEsq
· May 19
For those following the #TaraGrinstead murder trial of #RyanDuke - has the state proven his guilt beyond a reasonable doubt?
Show this poll

For those following the #TaraGrinstead murder trial of #RyanDuke - has the state proven his guilt beyond a reasonable doubt?

• Yes - Duke is Guilty
    12.9%

• No- Not Guilty
    87.1%
983 votes·Final results

10:32 AM · May 19, 2022·Twitter Web App

RYAN DUKE NOT GUILTY ON 5 COUNTS. GUILTY OF CONCEALING DEATH OF ANOTHER

edited to add: Possible sentence information from Georgia Code
"A person who, by concealing the death of any other person, hinders a discovery of whether or not such person was unlawfully killed is guilty of a felony and upon conviction shall be punished by imprisonment for not less than one nor more than ten years, a fine of not less than $1,000.00 nor more than $5,000.00, or both."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans
Back