GA GA - Troup County, wht/hispmale, tattoos, gunshots to head, 2010UMGA, West Point Lake, March 1990

Bit of hope

Life is a long lesson in humility.
Reaction score
The Doe Network: 2010UMGA

Unidentified Male (not listed in Namus)
  • Date of Discovery: March 11, 1990
  • Location of Discovery: Troup County, Georgia
  • Estimated Date of Death: Unknown
  • State of Remains: Unknown
  • Cause of Death: Two gunshot wounds to the head
Physical Description
** Listed information is approximate
  • Estimated Age: 30-40 years old
  • Race: White
  • Height: 5'10" to 6'0"
  • Weight: 180-200 lbs.
  • Hair Color: Unknown
  • Eye Color: Unknown
  • Distinguishing Marks/Features: Tattoos: "MOM" on right upper arm; Mouse face on right upper chest; and "cocaine user" on his back.

• Dentals: Unknown.
  • Fingerprints: Unknown.
  • DNA: Unknown.

Clothing & Personal Items

• Clothing: Coveralls (Size 46R), work boots (size 9 1/2), and a flannel shirt.
  • Jewelry: Casio watch. A ring on his finger is the same type of ring the Missouri Pacific Railroad handed out to certain workers in 1978.
  • Additional Personal Items: Zippo lighter with the initials "CAM."

Case History

The victim's remains were located in West Point Lake.

My first thread. Because there is so little known about this UID (not on file or registered?) maybe we can be of help.

The ring is probably something like this.

IG10927-1.jpg

Lot 109 Missouri Pacific Ring | Railroad Memories

I can't find this UID in GBI listings even though it gives a link at the bottom for GBI on the Doe page. Any idea why he's not in Namus?

I really don't know why he is not in Namus. If I recall right LE has to do some administration...putting him in the system(s). All the identifiers are unknown, making me think the file is somehow incomplete or nobody is working on this case anymore. I don't know how many efforts they would make in those days for somebody "associated" with drugs....or better said didn't bother that much because of that.

I can't find him mentioned online past 2008. The "Cocaine User" tattoo is very odd to me? If you were into cocaine, why not just have "Cocaine" tattooed on yourself?

Yes, that's very odd indeed. Almost like somebody else put it on him (with not such good intentions) like the torso of a woman found with "drugs" on her back...full of hatred thing to do.

Couldn't find this UID on the FBI site (NCIC Case Number: U450175328) either.... this is weird...maybe he is identified already and the Doe Network never got an update? I will contact them, asking about it. (if I can find the area team contact, this link isn't working either)

It seems like the position of the area team manager 'Georgia' is vacant. That is really a shame. So much going on there....I did sent the contact (researcher) an E-mail with questions about the status of this case.....This UID is nowhere listed other then The Doe Network. Maybe he is identified already or fell into/between
the cracks......Hoping for the first option....

Last edited:
It seems like the position of the area team manager 'Georgia' is vacant. That is really a shame. So much going on there....I did sent the contact (researcher) an E-mail with questions about the status of this case.....This UID is nowhere listed other then The Doe Network. Maybe he is identified already or fell into/between
the cracks......Hoping for the first option....
That is what I was hoping myself. I was unable to find any articles about this, though, and law enforcement was still pursuing his identity publicly in 2008.

Searched for homicide (it's save to say it was, you can't shoot yourself twice in the head with a large caliber) cold cases...no luck either....

I can't find him mentioned online past 2008. The "Cocaine User" tattoo is very odd to me? If you were into cocaine, why not just have "Cocaine" tattooed on yourself?

The last edited notation at the bottom of the Doenetwork page indicates this case was converted from a hot case 7/6/2013. But that's still quite a few years ago.

I agree the cocaine user tattoo is weird...

The last edited notation at the bottom of the Doenetwork page indicates this case was converted from a hot case 7/6/2013. But that's still quite a few years ago.

I agree the cocaine user tattoo is weird...

Yes already 5 years ago...and nothing...What does a hot case mean anyway?

Yes already 5 years ago...and nothing...What does a hot case mean anyway?

Hot Case is a Doenetwork classification where they'll list a case they know about but don't have a photo and/or verified information for. It doesn't mean anything beyond that the file was last touched five years ago.

I strongly suspect this guy was ID'd.

Located & Identified Persons

2010UMGA, discovered on March 11, 1990 in Troup County, Georgia, has been identified according to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation. No further information is available.

Thanks. Good to know. Can somebody give me directions how to put 'identified' on this thread?

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back