GA GA - Wayne Williams - Atlanta Child Murders & more - 1979-1981

Kell1

Verified law enforcement
Reaction score
I don't think there is any question he killed the two he was convicted of. The FBI profiler has said there evidence that conclusively links him to 11 of the other murders. DNA has linked him to at least 2 more. He repeatedly has his case appealed on Habeas reasons to federal courts and each time those judges have shot down his claims. Did he kill all of these people? No probably not, there are a few, as you say, that don't really fit. Did he kill most of them? Yes, I think he probably did.

I agree, (having spoken to Douglas personally ) i certainly dont think he was involved in any of the cases, of the female victims.

A few others as well

Special Agent JT

Reaction score
I've followed this case obsessively and I still seek out new information daily.

This case IMO is biggest case in our history. So many questions still require answers.

I'll start with the KKK. The evidence we know appears to be very provocative. The most important part is the Sanders crew was under eye to eye surveillance for two months and during that time 6 children were found dead. That fact alone eliminates them in my eyes because they would have been spotted.

I watched a docu called Boys For Sale from 1981 during all this and the panel expert had some interesting knowledge that at that time was very fresh. He said it wasn't in the news but it was widely known that the majority of the ATL boys were involved in some form of prostitution. ATL was going thru an epidemic of young boys selling themselves. They were paid for basic sex acts and to have their pictures taken on average all the way up to actual sex. One of the mothers and in trying to find who said her son was involved in prostitution and she was sure the other boys were also and that was the first big link in the case. News outlets did not print her statement.

The docu come off like there's hardly any eye witnesses as far as seeing the boys get inside certain cars before they vanished. I'm certain Wayne was involved in most of the cases but I think he had help. Many eye witnesses see many of these boys leaving in cars with two men.
Location links include : Omni Hotel Arcade : almost every boy went there. Uncle Tom the pedo with the two stadium houses they call it admits to 2 or 3 boys staying with him frequently yet 10 of the boys on the list can be placed in his houses frequently. I believe the boys could get money f

Falcon500

Verified Law Enforcement Detective/L.E. Procedures
Reaction score
I've followed this case obsessively and I still seek out new information daily.

This case IMO is biggest case in our history. So many questions still require answers.

I'll start with the KKK. The evidence we know appears to be very provocative. The most important part is the Sanders crew was under eye to eye surveillance for two months and during that time 6 children were found dead. That fact alone eliminates them in my eyes because they would have been spotted.

I watched a docu called Boys For Sale from 1981 during all this and the panel expert had some interesting knowledge that at that time was very fresh. He said it wasn't in the news but it was widely known that the majority of the ATL boys were involved in some form of prostitution. ATL was going thru an epidemic of young boys selling themselves. They were paid for basic sex acts and to have their pictures taken on average all the way up to actual sex. One of the mothers and in trying to find who said her son was involved in prostitution and she was sure the other boys were also and that was the first big link in the case. News outlets did not print her statement.

The docu come off like there's hardly any eye witnesses as far as seeing the boys get inside certain cars before they vanished. I'm certain Wayne was involved in most of the cases but I think he had help. Many eye witnesses see many of these boys leaving in cars with two men.
Location links include : Omni Hotel Arcade : almost every boy went there. Uncle Tom the pedo with the two stadium houses they call it admits to 2 or 3 boys staying with him frequently yet 10 of the boys on the list can be placed in his houses frequently. I believe the boys could get money f

If that’s all true why did the murders stop the day that Williams was arrested? That’s the question that the Williams sympathizers refuse to answer.

Goecke

Reaction score
I'm originally in Atlanta, and my mom was a child in the 70s and her family lived very close to where some of these murders occurred, so this case is very personal to me.
I find it interesting that the murders of children stopped, and Williams (or whoever the killer/s were) switched to adult victims as soon as a curfew was put in place in Atlanta. Also, nearly all of the adult victims were small and/or had some sort of mental disability. One of the adult victims, Larry Rogers, was 20, but if the images available of him were recent he looked about 10. All Of The Atlanta Child Murders Victims, Remembered

I personally believe that Williams was responsible for most of the murders, but not all of them, and he definitely didn't kill the two girls.