Found Deceased GA - Yaron Kathuri, 17, last seen leaving for school, car abandoned at Arbor Place Mall, Douglasville, 28 Sept 2022

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score
1664683418150.png

Douglasville police need your help finding a 17-year-old boy who has been missing for days.

Officials say 17-year-old Yaron Kathuri was last seen around 8 a.m. Wednesday on the 5800 block of Chapel Village Court. His parents thought he was headed to school.

The vehicle Kathuri was known to drive was found later at Arbor Place Mall.

Meanwhile, his parents are trying to stay positive. They're asking for the community's help in bringing him home.

"Everything is possible. We are praying and trusting," his mother said.

A search party descended on the teen's neighborhood on Chapel Village Court in Douglasville Saturday night.

"He is a fun-loving kid, he never got into any trouble," Yaron's father, Andrew, told FOX 5 Atlanta.

Yaron's father said his son recently battled depression and suicidal ideation.

"He had texted his friends. He said that ‘I’m sorry.' That he's ‘tired of life'," his father said.

The car was found abandoned in the mall parking lot the next day. Loved ones say police pinged his phone to the area that Thursday.

"If he walked into the mall, what direction did he go to? Did he meet up with somebody? Those are the questions we have," his father said.

The missing teen is described as 5-feet-10-inches tall with a weight of around 123 pounds. He has black hair and brown eyes.

The last thing the teen was known to be wearing was a white NASA hoodie and light blue jeans.

Yaron's family members said they just want a sign that he's okay.

"Every day counts, and we want Yaron home. We love him, and he has been the boost son. His brother here is just lost without him," his mother said.

Investigators tell FOX 5 Atlanta the search remains active.

If you have any information about where Yaron could be, call Douglasville detectives at 678-293-1823 or email gibbsb@douglasvillega.gov

DOUGLAS COUNTY, Ga. — Vera Kathuri told Channel 2 Action News she believes had her son been admitted to a mental health facility, he would not be missing.

Channel 2′s Ashli Lincoln spoke with the family who have been searching for days for 17-year-old Yaron Kathuri.

“We’re desperate to have him back home,” said his mother Vera Kathuri.

Forty-eight hours before Yaron went missing, his family were attempting to check him into a mental health facility, they said.

“I know he’s fearful, because when he called and said he was letting us down,” said Kathuri.

But the facility she took her son to told her it was at capacity and Yaron would need outpatient treatment.

More at link

1664870003630.png

My heart goes out to Yaron and his parents. How sad that we don't have the mental health treatment facilities needed to help families who have a loved one in crisis.
I agree. My son took his life 3 years ago after begging for help from the VA and private practice. Something needs to be done about this crisis.

I agree. My son took his life 3 years ago after begging for help from the VA and private practice. Something needs to be done about this crisis.
I am so sorry @gogrannypop .....You know the heartbreak from your own experience. I would hug you if I could.

I have a son who is a disabled veteran with mental health issues which are service connected. He's 34 years old.
I have met many people in the VA system who care deeply about veterans.
But the system is overwhelmed and, just like in the private sector, there isn't enough help to go around for the immense need that is out here.

I am so sorry @gogrannypop .....You know the heartbreak from your own experience. I would hug you if I could.

I have a son who is a disabled veteran with mental health issues which are service connected. He's 34 years old.
But the system is overwhelmed and, just like in the private sector, there isn't enough help to go around for the immense need that is out here.
Thank you @shefner. My son was 31. There really is such a great need. Our rural area is terribly underserved. Some major changes are needed.

I am sorry for your loss. You’re correct about this crisis.

Hugs. Sorry for your loss.

Sad to type this, but I am seeing posts from others who want LE to check the lake beside the Mall where his car was found. Fingers crossed there is nothing there, but I agree they should search it just in case:

1665175502888.png

Very sad news :(

DOUGLASVILLE, Ga. — A missing Douglasville teen's remains have been identified as 17-year-old Yaron Kathuri, his family told 11Alive. He was last seen nearly one month ago.

Yaron's remains were discovered in an area between Arbor Station and Douglas Boulevard, one of the last known locations that the teen was known to be at, according to Douglasville Police Department.

DOUGLASVILLE, Ga. - The search for missing 17-year-old Yaron Kathuri took an unexpected turn when Douglasville police said they found human remains in the area the teen was last seen.

On Oct. 22, officers discovered remains between Arbor Station and Douglas Boulevard.

They have not concluded that the body belonged to Yaron, who went missing Wednesday, Sept. 28.

However, the teen's father told FOX 5 Atlanta reporter Rob DiRienzo that he does believe it to be his son.

"He was found with the clothing that was on the flier, so we're in the midst of digesting the info," he texted DiRienzo.

Police said they will not be releasing more information until a positive identification is made and a cause of death is determined.

I am so sorry for their loss and wish it had been a different outcome.
I have a son who has dealt with mental health issues for years. Yes, the system needs changes but I don't see that happening soon. Sometimes it's just a case of too little, too late. My prayers go out to this family.

Oh so sad. This article has a little more info about where he was found (BBM):

"The teen's family hired a private investigator to look into their son's disappearance. The investigator looked at the last place the phone was pinged, near the lakeside of Arbor Place Mall, despite police having already searched that area, Andrew said.

The investigator went further toward the direction, where Andrew said the PI discovered a "concrete structure" that resembled a well. That's when the investigator found Yaron's body inside, in what his dad described as a 50-foot structure.
"It's where the waters go before they are released into the storm drain," Andrew said. "He was found at the bottom, he was found at the bottom of that concrete structure."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmdigital
Back