Gas Cans discovered by George Key date - June 24, 2008 ***REVISITED ***

Discussion in 'Caylee Anthony 2 years old' started by live2, Aug 29, 2008.

?

George's story about the 24th and the gas cans

1. He did find them in Casey's car, and nothing was wrong.

39 vote(s)
    9.1%
  2. He did not go into the truck, and made it up to help Casey..

68 vote(s)
    15.9%
  3. He made it up to protect Casey and himself.

98 vote(s)
    23.0%
  4. I have no idea. This family cannot keep dates and stories straight.

222 vote(s)
    52.0%
  1. FifthEssence

FifthEssence New Member

Not sure if I missed something along the way, but can someone tell me or point me in the direction as the whereabouts of the can she purchased with Amy at the Target?

2. JaneInOz

JaneInOz Former Member

I've read a lot about these infamous Gas Cans and they constantly pop up...

In An Aug 6th media report here http://www.wesh.com/news/17110360/detail.html

It is said that Casey took the Gas cans, that the Gas Cans were found to be gone when George went to mow the lawn

It is said that Casey tried to keep George from looking in the trunk as per this
    Bold is mine... you see to me the *trunk* and *the back of the car* are different places...

But then there is also this from the same article

In reference to LE taking a pair of Gas Cans in brown paper bags

I don't know how it works in the States but here any number of people could have touched the gas cans. People filling it up , transport etc

But what is the significance of these cans if any ?

its been suggested on blogs and things that Casey had Caylees body in the backyard and was on her way to moving her body, when stopped by George , that the gas cans might have been for a makeshift cremation...but that she panicked and tossed the body instead ....

What are your thoughts ?

3. Vanpet

Vanpet New Member

I think KC was feeling her lies about working and her whereabouts was fixing to be exposed by her mom and dad. Why would KC need to steal gas if she was "working"? We now know the gas gauge was working per LE. What puzzles me is the gas can incident with George took place on the 24th on the 25th she texts AmyH about the odor in her car how could GA be in close proximity to the car and not smell the odor?
    Vanpet

4. chesterp

chesterp Former Member

I do not know the significances of the GAS CANS, however, as I have posted on the psychic thread..............in my dream before the bondhearing.... the gas cans are in someway very important to this case. My first thought was a possible cremation, but in the recent days, the duct tape was on the red gas can. Or it could be related to the story of 6/24, somehow I do feel whatever we find out at trial about the GAS CANS, it will bear a forensic blow against KC..........

5. elissabee

elissabee New Member

She returned George's gas cans on the 24th, right? When did she buy the gas can at Target? Was it after the 24th? I have always thought it strange that her car ran out of gas at precisely the time she needed to ditch the car. I think she didn't really run out of gas. I think she planned to siphon the gas out of the car using George's cans. But he was getting too close and she gave them back to him in a panic. Then she went to Target and bought a gas can of her own to siphon the gas out of the car. Maybe she dumped the siphoned gas in the woods with Caylee and then drove the car as far as she could away from the dump site, which is how she ended up at the Amscot.

Did LE recover the Target gas can?

eta: I think George is telling the truth about the gas cans incident. I listened to his FBI interview last night and he sounds truthful (compared to his lying daughter, who is obviously lying in her LE tapes). George thought it was important for LE to know the story. In context of the rest of that interview, he says repeatedly that he thought his daughter was up to something. The things he said make me think he thought she was guilty of something and he just wanted his granddaughter found. Perhaps the incident in the garage was so rushed and strange to him that he never even noticed a bad smell from the car.

6. Zingo

Zingo Former Member

Brilliant! This theory makes the most sense to me. GA wasn't suspicious of the smell because he didn't have a reason to be at that time. He seems to be kinda clueless. Plus, I believe KC would have returned the gas cans to avoid having her parents press charges. CA told KC about the gas can police report to scare her into bringing Caylee back. This family is all about manipulating each other. So, KC is attempting to bring the cans back when George confronts her. I think they all try to put positive spin on things. So, maybe GA doesn't tell Greta that he strongly suspected his daughter stole the cans, so he just said that he wanted to get tools out.

This family is messed up ... But I don't think GA helped KC hide the body.

7. cwgrlfromhell

cwgrlfromhell Member

If GA is like my hubby...he probably has a gas can with gas in it at all times. Still seems weird, tho.

8. okiedokietoo

okiedokietoo New Member

I think it was GA that said in FBI interview KC's car had a messed up gauge although I think I read in the recently released evidence that it was tested and nothing was wrong with it. Probably KC was using that as an excuse as to why she was always running out of gas instead of saying "I don't have a job so no money".

9. MDdetective

MDdetective New Member

For me, the creepiest thing about the cans, they had the duct tape on them :eek:

10. Indigo

Indigo New Member

Maybe LE suspected that Casey used the gas cans to mix chloroform.

11. Rumpole

Rumpole Formerly known as "Hercule Poirot"

GAS CAN QUESTIONS

There is talk of trying to match duct tape found on the gas cans.

Where is that stated?

When did LE collect the tape off the gas cans?

My understanding is they inspected them and gave them back soon after?

I am still asking if there is any reference as to whether they were totally empty when
    GA first got the back off KC?

12. suspicious1

suspicious1 Active Member

My thoughts as well.

13. Rumpole

Rumpole Formerly known as "Hercule Poirot"

The recent doc dump includes description of Gas Cans.
    On p3220 August 1st: Describes 2 gas cans and 1 oilpan
    Photos
    Dusted for prints
    Swabs
    But no mention of any duct tape???

"No further Services were conducted"
    Items returned to CA Wednesday 8th

When did they find duct tape on gas cans?

14. quadlatte

quadlatte Member

-respectively snipped -

Good sleuthing!!!

I immediately thought that the backseat and backseat floor of the car were suspect -

both reading and listening to GA's account of picking up the car - he had the employee check the TRUNK with him

But before he checked the trunk, he talked about how he LEANED OVER TO OPEN THE PASSENGER DOOR while sitting in the driver side - and I think that is when he MAY have seen Caylee - prone on the backseat floor???

IF IF If this happened, he may have quickly kicked into LE mode and thwarted any further Pontiac investigation by asking the tow yard employee to accompany him to the TRUNK - knowing that Caylee would not be found there...

And buying him enough time to figure out what to do with the poor thing from there?

And perhaps the best he could come up with was the woods around the corner from the house - so that he could go home and "reassure" CA that is was "just the pizza"... :banghead:

Or maybe I just need to go to bed...:confused:

:doh:

15. BondJamesBond

BondJamesBond Blunt Instrument

Edited this from over on the George/Lexus thread where we're working out who might have been a look-out for Casey @ Lexus.

16. murdershewrote

murdershewrote New Member

so at that point in time, Cindy had already not seen Caylee for awhile, and she's worried about getting her tires rotated???

17. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

I have a really hard time getting my head around a "look out" for Casey at Lexus. It's just not making sense to me. How, from the Lexus location, would someone be able to sit around and "look out" for GA??? I'm just not getting it.

: (

18. SewingDeb

SewingDeb "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."

Didn't George have a job in security at the Lexus place for awhile? I believe I read that somewhere.

19. Julius

Julius New Member

IIRC George stated in his FBI interview that he was suspicious that she had taken the gas cans so he made the tire wedge story up so he could go look in her trunk... correct me if I'm wrong! :)

20. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

You are correct Julius! That's exactly what GA told the FBI.

MOO