Gas Explosion 1 Dead 5 Injured

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by Filly, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Filly

Filly KICKING AND SHINING

A gas explosion rocked the Tacony neighborhood of Philadelphia. A PGW worker was killed and five people are in critical condition.

Accroding to this report one of the injured is a fireman. I do know from friends that some residents were evacuated. This is a pretty busy Avenue and the fact that there were not more injuries is a miracle.

If not too much to ask please send prayers and positive vibes for those suffering. I have friends and extended family that live in the neighborhood.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/breaking/114178244.html?cmpid=15585797

2. Loading...

3. momtective

momtective Lifetime WS Non-Mod

:praying:

4. momtective

momtective Lifetime WS Non-Mod

5. Filly

Filly KICKING AND SHINING

Thank you, momtective so much.

Mark Keeley aged 19 was killed in the explosion. He hasn't even been with PGW for a year. His dad also works for PGW. Others are in critical condition.

Cars were flattened, a Chiropractor's entire building was just blown away. Thankfully he woke the man who lived upstairs and helped him out before the explosion.

On a personal level I have a friend whose windows all broke out. Another whose house shook so violently they thought they were done for. It's a very sad time for Tacony. Authorities say it will take months to figure what caused the explosion.

Warning the photograph is pretty frightening IMO.

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/loca...officials_investigate_the_gas-main_blast.html

6. Disguiseduser0308

Disguiseduser0308 New Member

My deepest prayers for all those affected by this tragedy. The pictures really tell the story of just how much this neighborhood was rocked by this. :(