GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #1

Discussion in 'Allison Baden-Clay of Australia' started by marlywings, Jun 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Couldbe

Couldbe Active Member

Probably enough about name-changing, but just to CLARIFY:
    ....so it was Nigel CLAY (Clay being the surname of his own Father) who changed his christened name to BADEN-CLAY
    .... obviously to CREATE his presentation to the Public that he is connected to ROBERT BADEN-POWELL - the Founder of the Scouting Movement
    - (who was Nigel's Grandfather).

2. possumheart

possumheart Well-Known Member

Because he had already readjusted the steering wheel and seat on the night before and thought he was outsmarting them?

3. redlightthroughpaper

redlightthroughpaper Verified Insider - Allison Baden-Clay case

Hi BigT. Dr Milne said that some or all of the alcohol may have been produced after death.

"He said there was a 0.095% blood alcohol concentration but that did not mean Allison had alcohol in her blood at death.
    Dr Milne said once putrefaction occurred, the bacteria in the body fermented and produced alcohol".

http://m.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/gerard-baden-clays-wife-lover-apart/2285637/

4. possumheart

possumheart Well-Known Member

Respectfully snipped Big T.
    I think if you read further you will see that the alcohol traces are because of the chemical processes involved in decomposition, and mean nothing at all. It is mentioned in at least one news report, but I am not in a position to look it up for you at the moment.

(Thanks, redlighthroughpaper)

5. Radster

Radster New Member

6.30am would have been around the time GBC was out "searching" for Allison. He uses her phone one last time to connect to the Internet (knowing this would be traceable) and then dumps it (probably in the river). Other sleuthers have suggested this before and it seems plausible to me. Thoughts?

6. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

Thank you, sounds reasonable, anti depressant and alcohol never sounds good. I seem to remember something about a car wash, and a suggestion someone was at a bus stop early in the piece as well.

The trump card might come in the form of a number of seemingly unrelated observations....

7. Couldbe

Couldbe Active Member

There was so much new to us information coming thick and fast via children's interviews, etc ...... but I think one of the children, said at some point, that GBC had taken them with him 'to go out and have a look for their Mother.......
    and when asked the question about being home by themselves - by the Child Protection Interviewer .... they replied that they were never home by themselves, on the morning that ABC was reported missing.

My inference is that GBC took the children down into the garden / they looked at the back of the house / when GBC tossed ABC's phone into the property behind them (of course without the children seeing him do that).

8. wewillgetyou

wewillgetyou Well-Known Member

WHAT. !!!

I was there and don't recall hearing this ?

I was lucky and got a seat because I lined up early each time. The only person I saw enter early was a well known reporter but she had been speaking with the Dickie side so I don't have a problem with that. She was obviously working on a story.

I objected to the pushing a shoving of people who had not been waiting very long at all and by those who assumed an automatic right to get a seat.

Like I said before if you want to get in, get there early and lineup at the door.

I have to say I find it totally ridiculous the way the public gallery works. I also can't believe the media need to jostle with the family and the average person. They should have their own seating.

9. coolcat

coolcat Member

Not to mention the search of Allison's car and the finding of what I think was a staged empty packet of anti depressants??

10. marlywings

marlywings Former Member

I think he'd tossed it at first then possibly either him or someone else retrieved it later on.

Text copied from Kellie Thomson's statement.

At "24 & 25" ,which I've bolded, is about where he may have needed new ummm undies...lol.

23. At or about 1.09pm, I approached the defendant as he returned back to 593 Brookfield Road, Broofield and I asked the defendant if I could use his mobile phone again so I could try and locate Allison Baden-Clay's phone again using the application called find my friends. At this time, it took a good 10seconds where the application was searching and upon completion of the search. The defendant was standing beside me and I told the defendant that the phone was still searching. I then observed a blue dot on the screen whe it indicated Allison's mobile phone was. I then said to the defendant, "Oh it come up"

24. The defendant didn't say much, it may have been, "Oh that's good".

25. I said, "It looks like it's only about 150 metres behind your property".

26. The defendant did not make any reply. When I zoomed in on the screen it showed that Allison's phone was in the rear of 61 Boscombe Road, Brookfield. I then thanked the defendant and I handed his mobile phone back to him. As a result of the phone search for Allison's phone I then walked outside and I had a conversation with Senior Sgt Narelle CURTIS and I told her certain things.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9048177&postcount=20"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Bail Hearing Documents *No Discussion*[/ame]

11. marlywings

marlywings Former Member

Shocking & so darn rude isn't it.... all the pushing & shoving as though they're waiting at the doors of Aldi when there's a big special on.

For the larger trials in US, the public has to line up for a ticket to get in.

12. Oberammergau

Oberammergau New Member

I will bet this is the first time many of us have looked forward to MONDAY!!!
    All is eerily qiuet at <modsnip>!!!

13. Thinking

Thinking New Member

Sadly this is also the impression I got from her at the committal, when I saw her on the stand for quite some time. It was all about her and how it affected her and what she wanted, and fear for her and GBCs future - not once did I see genuine sadness that Allison had died and the children were left without their mother, not one shred of empathy for Allison.

14. Fuskier

Fuskier Well-Known Member

Hypothetically, was going for coffee on the 18th some kind of trial run?
    If GBC had asked ABC to go with him for coffee, no doubt she would have jumped at it IMO. You know, on the premise of the 15 min talks and trying to repair the marriage, etc.
    So, could it have been a disguised 'trial run' of taking Allison somewhere and his parents minding the children? This is not beyond the realm of possibility. My opinion only.

15. Oberammergau

Oberammergau New Member

Exactly!!

16. toe

toe New Member

I totally agree, wait until they get TM in the box, that's when the cheering will begin.:jail:

17. Radster

Radster New Member

Thanks Marly! I had not read this before. Wow.

18. L_B

L_B Member

Just browsing some older threads and looking at GBCs phone records.

On the 19th seems like he sent a fair few group text messages:

Wonder what he was mass-txing about?

19. DunnoZo

DunnoZo New Member

Two things I keep thinking about that one of the little girls said..
    1. Straps and ropes in the boot of the car,
    2. That Allison wore LEGGINGS when she walked. My kids definitely know what I wear to walk.
    imo

20. Groundedgirl

Groundedgirl New Member

Just on that second point too - when I walked early every morning I saw the same people going about their day everyday at that time. People knew me who lived on the route I walked as we'd wave when I passed or those in cars sounded horns. Neighbours know better than anyone if people have exercise routines - there is no evidence of this. Although most people I came across were strangers, they knew I walked at that time every morning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.