GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #1

Discussion in 'Allison Baden-Clay of Australia' started by marlywings, Jun 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snails

Snails New Member

Yep - "come in spinner"! So much more to come. Lying in court is never a good idea. I think there are MANY trump cards to come and the BC's would be better off telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth or they could land in a little hot water themselves.

2. marlywings

marlywings Former Member

Thanks Amee. Yes it seems Brisbane Times hasn't included the girls at all so we'll update the count.

27 witnesses so far.

50 to go

3. Makara

Makara Former Member

Thinking more about this after a medicinal red, I've come to the conclusion that old Nige doesn't know his sausages from his granddaughters!

GBC would have dropped the girls off to Bwana Land earlier in the afternoon (after school) and did in fact arrive with the sausages sometime around 5:30pm.

Watchin' ya Nige!

4. they'll get you

they'll get you CHRIS. P. BACON

:goodpost:

You see it, I see it but would the jury see it. They are not experienced sleuthers who know about roundabouts and koppers logs like us. We've had two years in the making!

When does the jury hear about the debriefing of little children. Out of the mouths of babes.

5. kailee

kailee Member

do we know if GBC's card/s were declined whilst purchasing the sausages? <modsnip>which could have prompted an argument between the couple that night

6. marlywings

marlywings Former Member

7. Groundedgirl

Groundedgirl New Member

Ahh its probably all pointless women's business to him - children and cooking - easy to get it all mixed up.

8. Groundedgirl

Groundedgirl New Member

9. possumheart

possumheart Well-Known Member

The hair colour was free as it was an adjustment from my understanding of the hairdresser's and GERard's statements.

10. they'll get you

they'll get you CHRIS. P. BACON

Truth, truth what truth?

:gasp:

Nige
    :sweep:

11. coolcat

coolcat Member

Interested to hear your theory about groundsmen? This is the first I have seen that GBC called him.... Is he a witness or has he made a statement that I could read somewhere?

12. Makara

Makara Former Member

Allison had her hair re-coloured on the Thursday night. it was a freebie as the hairdresser had stuffed it up a week or so earlier.

13. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

I have always thought that Alison was fully aware that Toni would be at the conference.. things in that business are not secret, as Gerard found out only too well.. scuttlebutt is passed around, and Alison was right there in the office to pick up these things... possibly that's why she had her hair done.. possibly that's why she arranged to go with Kate Rankin.. a bit of backup, so to speak..

I don't buy for one single second Toni's story that she felt Alison deserved to know that she, Toni would be there.. like it's Look After Alison Day for Toni?? I don't think so... she didn't want Alison cramping her style.. which.. naturally ,Alison would have quite unconsciously....

14. coolcat

coolcat Member

It's my opinion that NBC is trying to justify why GBC needed to look elsewhere for affection. I thin ABCs depression was seen as a hinderance and weakness other then a true illness. This family really must of been hard to please no wonder ABC wanted them to call first.

15. Fuskier

Fuskier Well-Known Member

The girls said they had 'mince' for dinner at grandma's.

16. Trooper

for sure... They've given Gerard a free pass on the adultery.... god help those with depression, caused by that adultery.

and Nige and Gerard were mighty quick to justify Alisons status as a missing person ,being searched for by god knows how many police and SES etc as the reason for Gerard to covertly communicate with Ms McHugh...

17. Couldbe

Couldbe Well-Known Member

From all accounts, the surname his son Gerard was christened with would have been CLAY (changed to Baden-Clay much later)!

18. Trooper

I wonder if he had the three children re baptised as Baden-Clay's when he changed it by deed poll.. and his and Elaine as well..

Otherwise how would God know who was knocking on St Peters Gate??

God... ' hmm.. no Baden Clays here on the list.. I have 5 Clays.. ..hmm'

19. bikerchick

bikerchick Member

When I went into court today I got stuck behind the BCs. I'm surprised that Allison confided in her mother in law - she gives the air of being the boss of the wash. And the bit about the darkened house, all to put doubt in the jury's mind about her mental state...

His phone was off the charger at 6.15am. He phones his folks at 6.30am. If she was out walking, she'd probably have been walking up the driveway around 6am or possibly later if she was due to leave for work at 7am. Did he phone the BCs before he supposedly texted Allison?

If my partner was 15 mins or so late from a morning walk, I'd hardly be reporting him/her missing to my parents. And seemed pretty nonchalant about GBC shaving 'injury'

The behaviour of the BC clan doesn't gel with a missing persons case.

My other impression was that the youngest daughter was coached. "We think she twisted her ankle" "we think" not typical language for a prep student

20. Trooper

scary to think Nige was , or may possibly be still a marriage counsellor with the Anglicare organisation..

it was on his resume.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.