GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been waiting for a quiet time to relate my 1.5 GBC encounter stories…

My husband used to work in Toowong Tower - where GBC had a temporary office just before the arrest (different floor). The ladies at hubby's work were quite anxious about being in such close proximity to a suspected killer.

One of them was buying her lunch in the Toowong village food court one day. She collected her food, whirled around - and came right up face to face with the bearded one himself. She gave a small involuntary scream and nearly dropped her lunch.

The other encounter was in the TT lifts. A couple of the ladies were chatting loudly and in walks GBC - all business as usual. They immediately fell silent and just exchanged a wide-eyed look until GBC's floor. He muttered grumpily, "you're not very subtle, are you?" and walked out.

I wasn't surprised to hear the media reports at the time of his arrest saying he cooperated fully. He probably had hundreds of encounters like the two I heard of, and was sick of keeping up the charade and being treated like a leperous bogeyman around town.

Stylishly related, MummaBear! Arthur Gorrie (who was Arthur?) must be quite restful in comparison...

Day 9: Gerard Baden-Clay on trial accused of murdering wife Allison

June 24, 2014

THEY gathered on the bridge by the railing, where two years earlier police had leaned over to see the body of Allison Baden-Clay lying in the mud.

They stayed for nearly an hour, walking from one railing to the other, walking from one railing to the other, before peering down the bank where police allege the mother-of-three was dumped by her husband after he killed her.

The jury that will decide whether Gerard Baden-Clay is guilty of murdering his wife was yesterday shown the place where her body was discovered on April 30, 2012 – just 10 days after she was reported missing.

Weeds and grasses that once grew along the banks of the creek have been cut back since 2012, leaving a muddy path to the bank where Allison was left, still dressed in exercise pants and joggers

219305-aac9a2a2-fab1-11e3-a06e-793f22b94a46.jpg

http://www.news.com.au/national/day...ing-wife-allison/story-e6frfkp9-1226964268510

JUNE 10, 2014 4:35PM

Allison did not jump off that bridge.

The words wrapped, twisted and entwined......with an arm behind her, that it looked as though she was dragged.

``I saw she was wearing a pair of white and blue sneakers, what appeared to be three quarter tracksuit pants and a singlet top and a jumper wrapped and twisted around her hands … the jumper was up over her shoulder and wrapped around her neck.’’

The jury was shown a series of photos of Ms Baden-Clay’s decomposed body on the creek bank, her head hooded and enclosed by a grey jumper in which her arms were entwined in front of her face.

He said her body was positioned in such a way, with an arm behind her, that it looked as though she was dragged.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...his-wife-allison/story-fnihsrf2-1226948779375

The words wrapped, twisted and entwined......with an arm behind her, that it looked as though she was dragged.

``I saw she was wearing a pair of white and blue sneakers, what appeared to be three quarter tracksuit pants and a singlet top and a jumper wrapped and twisted around her hands … the jumper was up over her shoulder and wrapped around her neck.’’

The jury was shown a series of photos of Ms Baden-Clay’s decomposed body on the creek bank, her head hooded and enclosed by a grey jumper in which her arms were entwined in front of her face.

He said her body was positioned in such a way, with an arm behind her, that it looked as though she was dragged.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...his-wife-allison/story-fnihsrf2-1226948779375

Makes me wonder, if it was so muddy down there, how come there hasn't been any mention of mud in or on his car, or clothing, or shoes ...? Could he have had the foresight to bring a change of clothing and dump what he'd been wearing on the way home? IMO it doesn't sound typical of the man at all.

I'd be tempted to think he must have had someone else move her body, but it was his car her blood was found in. All very puzzling.

By GBC's admission, Allison was very much looking forward to the conference. You would expect her to be there then. There was no suicide.

Makes me wonder, if it was so muddy down there, how come there hasn't been any mention of mud in or on his car, or clothing, or shoes ...? Could he have had the foresight to bring a change of clothing and dump what he'd been wearing on the way home? IMO it doesn't sound typical of the man at all.

I'd be tempted to think he must have had someone else move her body, but it was his car her blood was found in. All very puzzling.

I wouldn't be surprised he confided in someone other than his family.
Either they might come forward or his conversation was tapped. Ah let's dream!

If was muddy where Allison was you'd think shoe prints were left if the murderer took her there but it was suggested that the murderer rolled/threw her of the ledge above. It was dry around the ledge but if it was sandy I doubt shoe prints were left.

It was a dry night. The mud is along the creek bank only.

From same link:
Mr Fuller said Baden-Clay made contact with a woman called Kate Rankin around 7am to find out what she had planned to do with his wife that day at the conference.

And from there on he was forced to adlib. Oops, didn't know Allison was to pick Kate up. Oooooooops.

<modsnip>

Wow, yes! I recall just recently reading that they went back to the house looking at contents if her bathroom etc. maybe last week at the trial this came out?
This could really tie it together!

And welcome :) you'll be an addict in no time ;)

Thank you, Humdinger! Actually I think I am already :dance:

Yep, let's hope there's heaps of new evidence coming that will tie it all together. Seven days of evidence down, seven still to go ...

If was muddy where Allison was you'd think shoe prints were left if the murderer took her there but it was suggested that the murderer rolled/threw her of the ledge above. It was dry around the ledge but if it was sandy I doubt shoe prints were left.

Could GBC have pushed Allison over the rail of the bridge first, THEN wandered down to pull her body actually under the bridge proper to make it less visible from above, THEN clambered back to the top and tossed his shoes from the top/bridge off into the scrub below or downstream?

My apologies if this scenario has been covered already.

(BBM)

It was a dry night. The mud is along the creek bank only.

Oh, I see. Thank you both! :tyou:

Could GBC have pushed Allison over the rail of the bridge first, THEN wandered down to pull her body actually under the bridge proper to make it less visible from above, THEN clambered back to the top and tossed his shoes from the top/bridge off into the scrub below or downstream?

My apologies if this scenario has been covered already.

I think it would be too much of a fluke for her to not break any bones. The mud was only at the very edge of the water. He did not have to walk through mud.<modsnip>

Thanks for the lovely picture of Allison, marlywings - very beautiful.

Im off to zzz land myself too - ready for tomorrow...
G'night all, see you in the morning for Court
:eek:fftobed:

See you all back on board when court resumes at 10am.

Please keep in mind we have a lot of new members on here, please be kind, courteous & patient with them. After all is said & done we are all here for the one reason...to seek justice for Allison.

Day 9: Gerard Baden-Clay on trial accused of murdering wife Allison

June 24, 2014

THEY gathered on the bridge by the railing, where two years earlier police had leaned over to see the body of Allison Baden-Clay lying in the mud.

They stayed for nearly an hour, walking from one railing to the other, walking from one railing to the other, before peering down the bank where police allege the mother-of-three was dumped by her husband after he killed her.

The jury that will decide whether Gerard Baden-Clay is guilty of murdering his wife was yesterday shown the place where her body was discovered on April 30, 2012 &#8211; just 10 days after she was reported missing.

Weeds and grasses that once grew along the banks of the creek have been cut back since 2012, leaving a muddy path to the bank where Allison was left, still dressed in exercise pants and joggers

219305-aac9a2a2-fab1-11e3-a06e-793f22b94a46.jpg

http://www.news.com.au/national/day...ing-wife-allison/story-e6frfkp9-1226964268510

What a stunning photo of Allison! Of all of the photos I've seen of her, this one really 'speaks' to me. It's as though she has a reassuring smile on her beautiful face and is saying to all of us "Great job, hang in there. It's almost over now."

Typing through tears here. The floodgates have opened big time. I'm angry, so very angry, frustrated, incensed and above all, extremely sad that he did this to you Allison. I am so sorry you experienced so much hurt and pain only to be murdered by the man you loved.

Someone here recently asked me what drew me to this case. I didn't answer you at the time. I'll answer that question now.

I am a woman, a daughter, a wife, a mother, a grandmother.

To coin a phrase;

There but for the grace of God go I.

I'm sure many of you here will relate.

Channel 9 showed blurred vision of jurors at bridge and today in court they will hear about the finances and insurances of the family.

Here I am at work ..... Thank you in advance to everyone for the updates and tweets and thoughtful comments you will post for me to catch up on at lunch and tonight.

Hope it's a great day for the good guys :)

What a stunning photo of Allison! Of all of the photos I've seen of her, this one really 'speaks' to me. It's as though she has a reassuring smile on her beautiful face and is saying to all of us "Great job, hang in there. It's almost over now."

Typing through tears here. The floodgates have opened big time. I'm angry, so very angry, frustrated, incensed and above all, extremely sad that he did this to you Allison. I am so sorry you experienced so much hurt and pain only to be murdered by the man you loved.

Someone here recently asked me what drew me to this case. I didn't answer you at the time. I'll answer that question now.

I am a woman, a daughter, a wife, a mother, a grandmother.

To coin a phrase;

There but for the grace of God go I.

I'm sure many of you here will relate

Makara I can relate.
There but for the grace of God go many of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ruu