GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's interesting you say that. Because you are a 'Fully Qualified Websleuther'
you are aware the culprit is behind bars but what about the other locals thoughts? Do they feel absolutely safe now?

Would GBC be welcomed home like a long lost hero with the towns ticket parade?

Well I must say I have discussed it at length with other locals and for the most part they 1)think he is guilty and 2)don't seem to take extra precautions.

I doubt he would get a ticker tape parade and my guess he would be tolerated back in the area.

But I doubt he would have the money to live here unless he lives with his parents for a start.

Yeah I think there's something to them taking that away whether they found anything they could use as evidence in it or not.

To my mind the idea Allison caused her own death by suicide or accident is even more of a stretch than that she was murdered. It'd have to go something like this...

She stays up to 1:30am or so even though she has to leave for a conference by 7. Even though it's late she very helpfully puts her husband's phone on the charger for him.
The next morning she wakes and dresses as her husband might expect to go for a walk, despite the likely earlier than normal departure and her freshly done hair.
She heads out for a walk and manages to trip over in the carport getting lots of plants all over her lovely new hair do. She's bleeding and rumbles around in the car for something, getting blood over the car. Despite the mess to herself she decides to continue with the walk anyway. Suddenly she becomes disorientated and goes into a psychosis and finds herself walking and walking for kilometres. She turns corner after corner and ends up on a busy state road with no side paths and traffic that is starting to build for peak hour but no one sees her even though she'd basically be on the road and still she walks and walks up hills and around corners all the while in this daze and then she finds herself at a bridge and she walks down and sits under the bridge. She doesn't throw herself off, she has no broken bones. She doesn't drown, the report says that too. She just quietly dies or in the stupor she manages to overdose on a tablet she hasn't fulfilled a prescription on for some time and that's hard to overdose on. That or she decided to walk for miles and miles on purpose to find somewhere hidden away to take it.
Meanwhile her husband wakes and sends her a text. She doesn't respond and by about 20-30 mins after that he's panicked, cut himself shaving worse than anyone in the history of man ever without noticing because he's so rushed and panicked, and called the police. By the time the police come to see him he's very calm in his answers, the panic seems under control.

But yeah that's a more plausible theory than the prosecution's according to the defence.

Yes further DNA from both...or even further DNA from just Allison. Forensics would have gone over that entire car.

Gosh, I'm glad there was no DNA test done of Snowy... GBC would've shown up everywhere! Ok,ok,apologies.

Before he took the stand I had doubts, but i think it will be his undoing. I feel the jury will be removed of reasonable doubt after his performance and I don't think x-exam will be very pretty. Here's hoping he goes down!

Yes - hopefully the jury will see how much he loves the sound of his own voice, his delusions of self-grandeur and any suspicions they had of narcissism will be confirmed. It only takes one person amongst the jury to know of narcissistic rage and explain it to the others - in the context of GBC being forced to endure 15 minute sessions of Allison questioning GBC's greatness, while the rest of his life is unravelling.

they'll get you said:
Would GBC be welcomed home like a long lost hero with the towns ticket parade?

Burger man with prison yarns. Yippee.

I do not know how to paste the pic of the decoy toys....(help please)

Perhaps he threw her in thru the side doors and not the back ?

Hi Zim, click on pic and open image into a new tab, copy address bar (URL) and paste in the icon to the left of 'quote' icon, the 'Insert Image' icon. Then click, OK, it will show up in your post.

Then copy the address from where you got the image and paste that below. :)

I worked in real estate sales for 10 years (no I didn't sleep with the boss) and many agents were involved with Rotary, Chamber of Commerce, kissing random kiddies and a general need to be seen everywhere.

Their reason? NETWORKING
Business as usual.

Hi another long time lurker.

It has always bugged me why his dad was taking a vacuum cleaner and hose away. Then someone just posted "BTW I'm still amazed there was no blood transfer or kholo dirt to door handles, gear shift or steering wheel"

I reckon they've used the hose to clean the car of dirt and were getting rid of it to say they didn't own a hose???
Did they ever test the contents of the vacuum cleaner?

Bingo, that's why he took the captiva out that morning, to get a bit of dust on it again because he'd washed it.

Respectfully snipped by me...
OK so this just made me think of some more specific mechanics, running with a few assumptions, that
(a) the blood came from her head/face (most likely spot for bleeding and possible site of some soft tissue injuries)

I wonder if the still wet blood stain would have had a different pattern (drip mark) if the car had been moving, or if it was stationary.
I wonder if the pooling at the base is spread differently under the same circumstances?

I wonder if that's forensically possible to tell.
The blood was thin.

Friday night think fest.

I worked in real estate sales for 10 years (no I didn't sleep with the boss) and many agents were involved with Rotary, Chamber of Commerce, kissing random kiddies and a general need to be seen everywhere.

Their reason? NETWORKING
Business as usual.

Just like a politician.

:truce:
You aren't referring to when he woke a sleeping child to put a bandaid over his "shaving" gash?
Arghhh! That one has been playing over in my head all day. What a "man"' ....not.
<modsnip>
Is he forcing an innocent child to be part of his evil criminal scheme?

To give him another person to tell the shaving story to so he could recount it later I'd say. That or to get in before the police and give his own version of how he got it to his daughter.

What a stupid story, shaving. That alone is such an obvious lie that everything else he says must surely be questioned.

I really hope the jury look at it all as a whole in terms of potential scenarios as there's inky one where the pieces fit.

I'm glad you changed that to McGyver. Stuart is a friend.

No offence intended to Stuart Diver, just meaning that GBC thinks he is all man so was trying to relate a real Hero to a Makarasnip! IMO Gerard wants to paint the picture of himself being a hero and doing everything in the world to help Allison, except getting her out of Switzerland, getting her help, even though apparently she should have just goo ten over it. Hope this makes sense.

Maybe he had other plans when he took her Mt Cootha? Very dark and very dense forest areas up there. Not to mention very isolated in parts. Plenty of places to scope out body dumping sites. JMHO

Yep and the blood stain and hair is in the car and the plant matter in Allison's hair matched the leaf litter in the footwell of the car.

Bingo, that's why he took the captiva out that morning, to get a bit of dust on it again because he'd washed it.

Excellent BJ! You've got me thinking now, ooohh, that's dangerous. lol

So he wanted an excuse for tyre marks in places that might be noted by police as suspicious but he can say, "well, I was looking for my wife, I pulled into all kinds of areas off the road!" :banghead:

Yesterdays long, long biography, struck me as very sad. It sounded to me as if Gerard had sat for 2 years and taken everything that was said about him and he was now going to tell his side of the story. I felt he came across as not to bright and not very strong man, actually I felt sorry for him.

I am beginning to think he believes his own publicity. I have thought about the murder for so long and I can come up with no other suspect or scenario. It seems to me that there is not a lot of evidence against him, but where did those scratches come from and how did the blood get in the car, and how did Allison body get to Kholo Creek. If he could answer just one of those question with a plausible explanation, but he can't. He truly is a sad and desperate man at the moment, I don't know if the jury can find him guilty on what the prosecution has presented. I really did expect a mush stronger case from the prosecution but it hasn't happened. In the back of my mind I keep thinking of Lindy Chamberlain andd what she had to endure,

I really wish I could understand and see some other scenario, because the pieces aren't come together to well in the current one.

Night all, and thank you so much to everyone who has done a sterling job in tweeting all that is happening in court room, hope these 3 days give you a bit of a break, I am thinking it will be filled to overflowing in the Supreme Court on Monday,

I have thought about the car. If you took a car out the night before or very early morning would there be any warmth left in the motor? By driving it again before the police came you would eliminate any evidence if there was more warmth in that motor than say the other car. I have no idea really how long the oil in a motor stays warm but just a thought.

Yeah I think there's something to them taking that away whether they found anything they could use as evidence in it or not.

To my mind the idea Allison caused her own death by suicide or accident is even more of a stretch than that she was murdered. It'd have to go something like this...

She stays up to 1:30am or so even though she has to leave for a conference by 7. Even though it's late she very helpfully puts her husband's phone on the charger for him.
The next morning she wakes and dresses as her husband might expect to go for a walk, despite the likely earlier than normal departure and her freshly done hair.
She heads out for a walk and manages to trip over in the carport getting lots of plants all over her lovely new hair do. She's bleeding and rumbles around in the car for something, getting blood over the car. Despite the mess to herself she decides to continue with the walk anyway. Suddenly she becomes disorientated and goes into a psychosis and finds herself walking and walking for kilometres. She turns corner after corner and ends up on a busy state road with no side paths and traffic that is starting to build for peak hour but no one sees her even though she'd basically be on the road and still she walks and walks up hills and around corners all the while in this daze and then she finds herself at a bridge and she walks down and sits under the bridge. She doesn't throw herself off, she has no broken bones. She doesn't drown, the report says that too. She just quietly dies or in the stupor she manages to overdose on a tablet she hasn't fulfilled a prescription on for some time and that's hard to overdose on. That or she decided to walk for miles and miles on purpose to find somewhere hidden away to take it.
Meanwhile her husband wakes and sends her a text. She doesn't respond and by about 20-30 mins after that he's panicked, cut himself shaving worse than anyone in the history of man ever without noticing because he's so rushed and panicked, and called the police. By the time the police come to see him he's very calm in his answers, the panic seems under control.

But yeah that's a more plausible theory than the prosecution's according to the defence.
Hi Susan, great post! And if this matter weren't so serious, it would be hilarious.
Check that, not quite hilarious, simply unbelievable.
Bit too much fanciful imaginitis.
I think it was Trooper who suggested some time ago that some total stranger or alien might have dropped by and done the deed. Bit more plausible. (Heh heh.)
Need to clarify, really good post! About that, I am quite serious.

So far we haven't heard of any significant depression or anxiety that wasn't limited to Larium side effects or pregnancy/post-partum, have we? Neither of these factors was present when she died. It seems all Allison's major episodes were triggered only by those factors, and otherwise she managed just fine on a maintenance dose of Zoloft.

Agree mumma!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member