GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #3

Discussion in 'Allison Baden-Clay of Australia' started by marlywings, Jun 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IBR

IBR Active Member

I'm way behind, so what I want to say might have been said already. Sorry if that's the case.

I'm sure that it has been stated either in the bail hearing documents or by one of the medical experts that was a witness of defence, that either she died where she was found or she was dumped there fairly shortly after her death, i.e. within a few hours after her death.
    As the rain set in just a few days before she was found and not at the time of her disappearance, I very much doubt that there is any chance that her body has floated down the creek within that very short time frame just after she died.

2. HoolyDooly

HoolyDooly Member

Zakly ! head on nail.... well sussed Makara.

3. enthralled

enthralled New Member

What adult male would hack into their face with a razor more than once I might add, then wake their young daughter up to put a bandaide on it. My goodness gbc, we know you are absolutely useless at everything, but the fact you can't put a bandaide on your own face is taking it way way too far!!!
    Gee I do have willpower. I just wanted so badly to add a multitude of swear words

4. Fuskier

Fuskier Well-Known Member

Kiwijayne, the current maintenance man could check with the one on duty in April 2012. There was speculation in earlier WS threads that the Captiva was seen by locals parked in the Showgrounds in the early hours of that morning 20th April 2012, that maybe the car and wheel arches were hosed down there before he brought it back to the house, then placed the toys in the back, etc.

5. Happygolucky

Happygolucky New Member

I also keep thinking of Lindy Chamberlain. I have not had the opportunity to attend the trial but did attend the first day of the committal hearing when those photos of Gerards face were shown. I still came away with the nagging doubt that it all did not "gel". We still have no cause of death, no site of death, and nothing linking Gerard to the Kholo bridge site. No mud on shoes, plant matter on his clothes, no car sighting and despite very extensive inquiries there is no evidence that he went through the roundabout. Indeed we have no proof that Alison was murdered. I also agree we have no proof that she committed suicide. His girls were interviewed the next day prior to any chance of defriefing and they all heard nothing which seems to indicate the screams heard in the area could have been Mrs Apps daugher or someone else.

My mind keeps coming up with the "what ifs" for not guilty but nothing seems very logical. If Gerard had confessed there was an argument and a very angry Alison scratched and lashed out at him before running out of the house that may be plausible. When you are angry and need to cool your head it is possible that you would go for a walk and meet with foul play in the night. But Gerard is adament there was no fight and no scratches. What if his pride caused him to lie about scratches initially and he locked himself into that??? Get less and less probable but....

Then there is the blood in the car, not much but "rivulets" but no evidence of the car being cleaned if I have read/remember the transcripts correctly so where is the mud from Kholo creek?? To get Alison's body to where it rested would have likely required a walk down a steep muddy path in the dark.

Then there is the plant matter--heaps of it on Alison's body. We know that there were six species from their home. We also know only 2 of them are at Kholo creek. The gap is this info is how many homes or areas of bushland also contain these same species?--Is is remotely possible that she met with foul play away from the home area??If she had been placed on the back porch or the garage floor is it likely there would be some forensic evidence?

Of course the biggie is the "shaving" injury! What will the defense explain about this? If he was bitten by an insect or a caterpiller the day before could the face have been involved as well and come up in a raised welt?? But a highly unusual shaped welt to shave the top off!! And if so, why did he not mention it.

The bottom line is I, like in the Lindy Chamerlain case, have this nagging doubt and I can't help hoping (for the children's sake) that he is, in reality, not guilty. It is horrific enough to lose your mother but then to have your father incarcerated for her death is toooooo tragic.

6. squizzey1

squizzey1 Verified insider - Allison Baden-Clay case

BUT missed the blood

7. possumheart

possumheart Well-Known Member

I am hoping it is not lost on the jury that G played along with TM to such extremes as to have a portrait taken with her, let alone make a commitment (albeit by email), yet claims to have an emotional disconnect from her. If he can be SO cold to his mistress of three years, he can just as easily be cold to his wife. Very cold. Deadly cold.
    His ramble does place emphasis on the importance of him appearing successful, which he would have done seamlessly if the insurance money had flowed to him as it might have.
    Toni = disposable
    Alison = disposable
    I am sorry that the jury hasn't heard of G's comments to Philip Broom about needing a bigger car to transport both his and Toni's children.

8. enthralled

enthralled New Member

Happygolucky I too wish he wasn't guilty. It is horrible to think that a man can kill the mother of his children. Our hearts ache for those poor innocent little girls losing both parents but from all that has been reported and the guff spewing out of his mouth, to me he is definitely guilty. Even if he wasn't guilty he deserves to be locked away for a while for the way he sucked the light out of Allison with those terrible put downs, when he knew she was prone to depression anyway. Disgusting!

9. marlywings

marlywings Former Member

If I could just expand on the last line...

In my opinion I think Allison may have been at the point of calling police. That could very well be the reason he didn't want that phone found.

10. DrWatson

DrWatson Verified Thoracic and Vascular Surgeon

Several folks have commented on the "thuds" that various witnesses have described, both at Brookfield and at the Kholo Bridge.

There have been various theories about a body being dropped, knocked, or plopped into the car, or the road, or over the bridge.

However, I would suggest that NONE of those is likely to be the cause of thuds that are audible from any distance at all.

BUT - far more likely to be the closing of the tailgate/back hatch of the Captiva and/or the driver's door. While the driver's door would sound fairly distinctive - like a car door - the tailgate may not sound as distinctive. I drive a Landcruiser, and the sound the tailgate makes when being closed is more of a solid thud.

Just putting the idea out there - I don't think the thuds would have been Allison, either dead or alive.

11. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

It looks like the blood drop, starts where the back seat lays down, and it stands to reason, if you put the seats back into place, you would miss the drop on the door. Doh......

12. possumheart

[/QUOTE]
    Respectfully snipped.
    Happygolycky, I have been to the bridge numerous times. It was a dry night, GBC need not have encountered any mud. He could have parked a short distance from the bridge on bitumen, walked down a dry path, stood on the base of the concrete pillar and swung the body to her temporary resting place. My partner (having discussed physical fitness with GBC in past years) knows G is knowledgable about core strength. I would be astounded if he was unaware of sandbag exercises where you work out with dead weights of sand. He had a personal trainer. If you google you will see that he and his parents even won things like breakfasts from the trainer's company.
    I am ashamed of what happened to Lindy Chaimberlain.
    I am appalled at what has happened to Allison Baden-Clay.
    I will be devastated if that man walks away with her life insurance money and her three daughters.

13. squizzey1

agree Doc thud of her being dropped would be much lighter andduller drop a bag of spuds and close the tailgate , later much louder me thinks

14. possumheart

And now I know all he had to do is wrap it in alfoil.

15. Fuskier

Fuskier Well-Known Member

"Laughed at undies. Told me I smell."",Said I was so different. Laughed. Why? Afterwards why so mean? "
    IMO this deeply personal response from GBC to Allison shows serious abuse. It shows his 'devaluation' of her, his 'rejection' of her body, her underwear and his 'contemptuous' feelings for her.

I am disappointed the PT did not highlight his true feelings of contempt for and rejection of Allison through this scenario. Yes, her diary notes were read out to Court, but a corresponding interpretation as being GBC's true feelings of contempt for Allison was missing. My opinion only.

16. squizzey1

well he used gladwrap for the razor so why not , both in the same drawer

17. toe

toe New Member

And that could account for her chipped tooth him snatching the phone from her as she tried to call for help.

18. marlywings

marlywings Former Member

I agree. I think the defence will have to come up with evidence which shows where the leaves have come from & exactly where the trees are growing.

19. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

I have also used a Mach 3 razor for about 25 years, I rush every single shave, and I have never cut myself once.

Here is a thought unexplored, on the morning he makes 000 call, he is out driving around looking for ABC, OW is around early to mind the kids I think.

What was he really doing? Phone records show he was in Mt Cootha tower zone at 7.04 am on the 19th and 6.46 am on the 20th, he has a place up there that he would have met TM is my guess, what did he dispose of at mt cootha?

20. kiwijayne

kiwijayne Well-Known Member

I'm going to go for a drive a bit later to take some more pictures.

The thing is the showground is locked up at night. So I'm not sure he could have got in there. But I would imagine if he took a hose with him he could have found a tap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.