GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #3

Discussion in 'Allison Baden-Clay of Australia' started by marlywings, Jun 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. possumheart

possumheart Well-Known Member

I have tried to look past the stereotype (heavily backed up by statistics) that white African men view women as property when considering NBC. His family used to be part of my community, so I have some context to place him in.

2. marlywings

marlywings Former Member

Folks we don't allow discussions about dreams.

Like rumours, they tend to grow legs...turn the page & all of a sudden someone claims it as fact with a comment such as "I read so & so was let out of prison"...when it was really only someone's dream.

Facts are great :)

3. toe

toe New Member

Well said enthralled, my feelings also. :jail:

4. Cattail

Cattail New Member

True, but also I've always found the best liars put a fair bit of truth in what they say ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Makara

Makara Former Member

Yes, I agree Cattail. All of this mince versus sausages stuff is totally irrelevant IMO. GBC bought sausages to take to a barbecue at his parents place but is it at all possible that the barbecue consisted of more than just sausages? Of course it is! The daughter may well have had a mince pattie or burger sans the bun. There may have been steaks, chops, chicken, fish and the list goes on.

6. LadyBird1

LadyBird1 Member

Regarding NBC refusing to give the police a statement. (Or anything cooperation)
    This is the bit that I simply don't understand. And this is where red flags are immediately raised.
    And this is the point at which one begins to wonder if the BC's were on the same team or not.
    If you were genuine, you would do all you could to cooperate. Not hinder.
    Unless you were deliberately hiding something.

7. enthralled

enthralled New Member

Don't get me wrong Cattail, I think you have raised some good points and I do appreciate it when someone can try to help me look at it from another angle. Unfortunately too many things have been said and done to make me see that family differently. Number one being the way they have trashed Allison.

8. Cattail

Cattail New Member

Just wondering if his SA background would affect his desire to cooperate ? I have little knowledge of the culture.

9. Cattail

Cattail New Member

Yes I am sure there is a lot that has been done by the BC family that I am not aware of as I have not followed this case as closely as many of you have :)

10. possumheart

I think you may be familiar with his personalised number plate, BWANA.

11. Makara

Makara Former Member

That's my thought LB. If my loved one was innocent but under suspicion, I would do everything in my power to help both the loved one and the police. But that's just me.

Tom Meagher comes to mind. Being Jill's husband of course he came under suspicion. He handled himself with dignity and cooperated fully with the police. Jill's parents stood by him and they all stood in unity together throughout Jill's murder investigation and trial.

Now flip the coin and take a good hard look at the Baden-Clay's. No comparison IMO.

12. It's not about sausages or mince. It's about BBQ at the seniors or mince at the juniors around the family table - and at what time and especially IF at all.

13. Makara

Makara Former Member

Yep and that's what GBC was doing in court on Thursday. Relating all of those little anecdotes about his travels etc. They were all true but then he throws in a disparaging comment or six about Allison. He has to weave some truth into the lies he's telling so that he is more convincing. I've come to the conclusion that he actually believes the lies he's telling. He also believes that it was all Allison's fault that she died.

14. Snails

Snails New Member

Makara, do you know if any of the extended BC family cars were forensically examined? I know that Allison's and GBC's were. I'm guessing they weren't.

15. possumheart

Coin flipped:

I just can't quite find the quote of exactly what Gerard said to Const Kelly Thompson when Allison's phone triangulated to 61 Buscombe Rd. :notgood:

16. Makara

Makara Former Member

I understand what you're saying and I think the dates that the girls were interviewed need to be looked at again.

17. Makara

Makara Former Member

18. Makara

Makara Former Member

I don't know for sure, sorry. Apparently NBC's car was held by police at the Brookfield house on Friday 20 April but I don't know how long for.

19. Amee

Amee Active Member

this comment about the phone gets me. He then goes on about the chooks eating the neighbours garden

CON SIMMONS: Um her phone, Allison’s phone’s been
    triangulated by us. And it just about, out the back here
    somewhere?

BADEN-CLAY: Huh?

Senior Constable Simmon's interview with Gerard Baden-Clay

20. Amee

Amee Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.