GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very interesting. Worth noting, Mr Graeme Hallett is the person who was staying at BF's home, was asleep but didn't wake when BF heard the "disturbing" scream on the night Allison went missing.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/ex-minister-bruce-flegg-heard-scream-on-night-allison-baden-clay-allegedly-murdered/story-e6frg6nf-1226595384223

He is also being sued by Bruce Flegg
http://www.medicalobserver.com.au/news/milliondollar-lawsuit-launched-against-fleggs-former-adviser

slipper,shaw and co... seen these things come and go all too often lately,they seem to arise when the government has a slim majority,makes me wonder about the validity of the system and how it really represents the people..dunno?

Why are these guys having sleepovers? I haven't had a sleep over in 25 years.What am I missing?

MP Bruce Flegg’s former media adviser Graeme Hallett to be charged with serious criminal offence

STEVEN WARDILL
The Courier-Mail
June 29, 2014 12:00AM

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ublic_rss&nk=e4bb8ba2444d4cc5430917203341a836

Wasn't he the one who was sleeping in Flegg's spare room and couldn't be woken the night of the screams?

I wonder what he was threatening to spill about Flegg? I've mentioned before that I have some misgivings about Flegg and his testimony - or even WHY he testified....

I wonder if the info Hallett was threatening to spill about Flegg is in any way related to this case?

Hmmmmmm........ :gasp:

EDIT: The words "tangled" and "web" spring to mind

I too think that the phone was found and spirited away by somebody, between when it showed up on the app on GBC's phone, and when the official search got under way. Oh how the culprit must have panicked inside, and then heaved a huge sigh of relief when the phone was "eliminated".

For Allison's phone to show up, on the app, though, it was (a) turned on, and (b) still had battery power. Given that it was supposedly logged onto the Fig Tree Pocket tower from about 6:31 that morning, for over 13 hours till it dropped off, I'm not sure where in the back garden of 61 Boscombe Rd it would have been, to be logged onto the FTP tower from there. There are two towers in Kenmore between them - the one behind the substation at the top of Brookfield Rd (the one that pokes out above the trees), and the one at the other end of the shops along Moggill Rd, on the corner opposite the catholic church - almost behind what is now the Mexican restaurant.

So how it came to be connected to the FTP tower, but during that time showed up on the app as being in the garden of 61 Boscombe Rd, is a puzzle.

There's something odd and inconsistent about that, that I can't quite figure out. I'm pretty sure 61 Boscombe Rd is NOT within line-of-sight to the FTP tower.

Also, if the phone was then taken and moved to somewhere else - why did it not drop off the FTP tower until that evening, over 13 hours after it first connected? And that was about the time that the police were searching for it in that garden.

Big mystery right there.....

Hi Doc,
Well thought out, but... remember Gerard's reaction :floorlaugh:
He was just a little bit puzzled.
Not excited, Not jumping the fence, Not crawling around the neighbours yard.
He was silently gobsmacked.... Why? .... "Because he knew it wasn't there"

Edited by me , sorry everyone, I rambled on about the wrong app. Apologies ;(

I think that
*Gerard knew that Allison's phone was disabled from the App and wasn't next door... because he knew he had thrown it out of his car in the early hours of that morning, far from home.
His reaction to her finding the phone "dot"in the neighbours yard, tells it all.
He didn't get excited, or jump the fence to go find his beautiful wife Allison
:jail: :jail: :jail: "3 strikes and your out" Go straight to jail GM.

I think Allisons phone is still out there somewhere - just waiting to be found.
:moo:

Hi Doc,
Well thought out, but... remember Gerard's reaction :floorlaugh:
He was just a little bit puzzled.
Not excited, Not jumping the fence, Not crawling around the neighbours yard.
He was silently gobsmacked.... Why? .... "Because he knew it wasn't there"

I think that the Policewoman was very professional, and I am not in any way blaming anything on her, but I think that most probably she was inexperienced with the "Find My Iphone App".

It would have been easy to have mistakenly believed that Gerard's iPhone "green dot" (she said blue dot?) on the map was actually Allisons, because she may have believed that it only showed "Allisons phone"
She may not have realised that the app would show Gerard's iPhone.

She may have seen the "dot" on the "large" map, and also, not realised that she could zoom in a little more, to see precisely where the dot was.

In "large map" mode it may have appeared in that area (just over the fence in neighbours yard, just meters away)
If the map was zoomed in,which can be done, the dot may have been "exactly" where she was standing. :(.... I don't think Allisons phone was ever there)
So...
- The officer refers to the dot as Blue, not green(online) or grey(off line)
-No other officer has stated that they helped her with it and saw it too.
-The officer does not say that she could have, or did zoom into the map.
- Or notice the option to press the alarm button , that would activate Allisons phone to make a 2 min loud alarm sound, even if Allisons phone was on silent and/or sleep mode.
- The phone was not found.
I think that
*Gerard knew that Allison's phone was disabled from the App and wasn't next door... because he knew he had thrown it out of his car in the early hours of that morning, far from home.
His reaction to her finding the phone "dot"in the neighbours yard, tells it all.
He didn't get excited, or jump the fence to go find his beautiful wife Allison
:jail: :jail: :jail: "3 strikes and your out" Go straight to jail GM.

I think Allisons phone is still out there somewhere - just waiting to be found.
:moo:

Some excellent points there Aunty... Yes, indeed - it may have been a misinterpretation of the App result. Very good thinking there! :loveyou:

Wasn't he the one who was sleeping in Flegg's spare room and couldn't be woken the night of the screams?

I wonder what he was threatening to spill about Flegg? I've mentioned before that I have some misgivings about Flegg and his testimony - or even WHY he testified....

I wonder if the info Hallett was threatening to spill about Flegg is in any way related to this case?

OMG Doc, you have always thought there was something wrong there.
Secrets and Lies every where.

Yes Doc, same man and no the info is not related to this case. It's all in the link I posted.

I wouldn't know where to start looking for this information but someone here will -

The Ap he spoke of using on his phone to find her I don't believe was the 'Find my phone ' available on apple devices. . I think it was a third party ap called something like 'find my friends'.

So it may work differently to the apple, find my phone, software.

I have thought the same, I thought he was sitting on the fence,reserving judgement,perhaps hedging his bets.I found his testimony to be in favour of the prosecution..which bemused me.Are there other secret loans or pacts in play that we are not privy to?

I wouldn't know where to start looking for this information but someone here will -

The Ap he spoke of using on his phone to find her I don't believe was the 'Find my phone ' available on apple devices. . I think it was a third party ap called something like 'find my friends'.

So it may work differently to the apple, find my phone, software.

Yes, according to the forensic phone report it was the find my friends app.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Bail Hearing Documents *No Discussion*

Yes Doc, same man and no the info is not related to this case. It's all in the link I posted.

Hi Makara - I know about the stuff that is in the article, which is why Flegg lost his position as minister. But I still can't help the feeling that there may be more to this - but I'm not allowed to speculate here on what that may be.

We'll leave that one there, I think - leave it hanging in the breeze. And if anything transpires that is relevant, I can look smug and say "Told ya so!" :)

Hi Makara - I know about the stuff that is in the article, which is why Flegg lost his position as minister. But I still can't help the feeling that there may be more to this - but I'm not allowed to speculate here on what that may be.

We'll leave that one there, I think - leave it hanging in the breeze. And if anything transpires that is relevant, I can look smug and say "Told ya so!" :)

Oh, sorry Doc. Did you see the other link that Kiwijayne just posted. Apparently Fleggy is also suing Graham.

http://www.medicalobserver.com.au/ne...former-adviser

maybe there is a secret society a la (seedy) scouts that is being covered up here? That would make more sense to me than the pathetic financial merry go round fiasco that we have been given!

GBC always wanted a boy

A few things:
Maybe the cop lied about the phone being triangulated to the house next door just to see the reaction of Bruce Overland.

Bruce Flegg may have heard a scream that night but didn't they say he lives 1.5km away? He couldn't possibly hear a scream that far away. Doesn't matter though as not important but don't get too hung up on it.

If Allison did get Bruce's phone each night, then surely she worked out that Bruce was talking to TM earlier that night at around 5pm. What did she make of that?

A few things:
Maybe the cop lied about the phone being triangulated to the house next door just to see the reaction of Bruce Overland.

Bruce Flegg may have heard a scream that night but didn't they say he lives 1.5km away? He couldn't possibly hear a scream that far away. Doesn't matter though as not important but don't get too hung up on it.

If Allison did get Bruce's phone each night, then surely she worked out that Bruce was talking to TM earlier that night at around 5pm. What did she make of that?

I lived 500m away and didn't hear any screaming.

With regard to blood in jumper at scene, perp took a change of clothes,replaced bloodied ones with fresh,took bloodied ones home and washed them..easy in 6 hrs+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong