GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #3

Discussion in 'Allison Baden-Clay of Australia' started by marlywings, Jun 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oberammergau

Oberammergau New Member

Simply excellent! B

2. Caressa

Caressa New Member

Hi all - long time lurker here.

I have been interested in the case from the beginning. This case is the reason for my membership with Websleuths.

First of all, I would like to extend a huge thank you to the professionally verified people who explain so well certain aspects of this trial. You know who you are.

I have been in the real estate and finance industry for a number of years and had quite a successful real estate and investment company which was effected by the floods to the extent that we had to close the whole business approx. 6 months after the event. We ended up losing everything.

The problem with these types of flood events, is not only the halt in sales for an extended period of time; but the banks reaction to these events. It is likely that any contract pending finance, would be at risk of the banks pulling the plug due to the change in their risk. In fact, we experienced a major lender (which shall remain un-named) ordering new (post flood) valuations on formally approved finance deals and reneging on the contract due to the properties now being a flood risk. Consequently, the contracts we thought were tight, and equated to future income - crashed.

I was under the impression that the floods were the main factor to the business being in trouble. It appears that this is in fact, not the case.

Quotes to substantiate this are as follows:

Paragraph 25 of the Jocelyn Frost statement -

Paragraph 45 of the Phillip Broom statement -

Paragraph 46 of the Phillip Broom statement -

This would indicate to me that there were substantial money problems before the floods.

Another thing I find quite curious is that TMH appears to feel that whatever happened to Allison on the night could have been her fault.

Paragraph 36 of the Ben Bassingthwaighte Statement

Paragraph 37 of the Ben Bassingthwaighte Statement

This would indicate to me that Gerard may have told Toni that he discussed "certain things" with Allison on the night of the 19th.

One more thing re Panic Attacks that I have to respectfully disagree with:

I have experienced panic attacks before. You CAN pass out/faint. The first time this happened, I collapsed. My panic attacks would cause me to hyperventilate. This would then cause a tingling sensation in my lips and fingers and then a pressing down sensation on my chest (the first time it happened, I thought I was having a heart attack). I was unfortunate enough to experience one of these when I was driving. Luckily, it wasn't my first and I could identify it for what it was and was able to pull over and breathe into a paper bag to level out my oxygen levels.

It became so bad when I was driving, that I would worry so much about having a panic attack that it would cause a panic attack.

3. marlywings

marlywings Former Member

Perhaps none of the above is necessary :)

4. AAAA

AAAA New Member

Hopefully so Marly...

5. McCoy

McCoy New Member

Hi Caressa, This is great observation re the timing of Jocelyn's and Phil's concerns re the money. I hope the prosecution pick this up

6. MadDoc

MadDoc Member

I remember something being said about the reason for him contacting the insurance company so early, was because NBC told him to. Deflecting the blame for odd behaviour onto Dad.

7. AAAA

AAAA New Member

OT, but could someone please tell me how to check for sent messages in pm? I've done it previously but can't seem to find it now. TIA.

8. BJsleuth

BJsleuth New Member

And Adam's little boy whose birth, on the other side of the world, his family say, upset Allison so much that she suicided. It's not that innocent little baby's fault.

9. kiwijayne

kiwijayne Well-Known Member

go into the message screen. Hover over private messages on the left hand of the screen and you get and option to click sent messages

10. marlywings

marlywings Former Member

A couple of ways...go into private messages "Jump to Folder", click on the down arrow, in drop down box click "sent items"

OR on top blue bar, "User CP" (User control panel) look down left side to "private messages" click on the small down arrow to see "inbox" or "sent items"

11. minusfour

minusfour Well-Known Member

If you go to your private messages, and click on "inbox", a menu will drop down, click on "sent messages"
    (I can't believe I answered a "techo" question, being quite, well, "slow" about all things technical.

Mad Doc, you are right, the father did cover that "early claim" business, I guess it is less useful info if there is a question mark about it.

About Allison walking- I know that her parents and nearly everyone else said it wasn't something she did, but her daughters said she did go walking in the mornings, and described what she would wear. (I know, it doesn't matter)

12. AAAA

AAAA New Member

On an ipad?

13. BJsleuth

BJsleuth New Member

Not that I know of Doc. All I heard was that Allison had contacted them before her death and NBC said it was he who told G to call them after the event.

14. kiwijayne

kiwijayne Well-Known Member

Click on the private messages? I have never tried it on my Ipad.

15. Milisi

Milisi New Member

This is absolute gold. So succinct and so obvious. Once I read it my instinct was attuned. Thank you muchly!

16. Cattail

Cattail New Member

I just had a look on my iPad. Click on private messages. Then it shows private messages
    In folder inbox with a little arrow. Click the arrow and there is the option of sent items.HTH :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. AAAA

AAAA New Member

Nup, I'll keep trying.

18. Cattail

Cattail New Member

Can you see your inbox?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. AAAA

AAAA New Member

Yes and I go to sent messages but it comes up with 0 messages, and I've sent two tonight. I saw that they were sent. Nevermind, I'll work it out. Goodnight to all. Here's to tomorrow, a big day hopefully.

20. BJsleuth

BJsleuth New Member

We didn't hear from the Forensic Accountant, the business partners. Did the defence have it excluded somehow?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.