GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just cutting and pasting a section from Figtree's excellent summary of the tweets posted here during GBC's questioning by Todd Fuller (post #56 of this thread)

• Fuller: your dad came over, you and sister searched streets, why take the Captiva. Gerard: my car had been in an accident #badenclay
• Gerard says the Prado was a bigger car, had been in an accident. #badenclay
• Fuller asks why Gerard took the Captiva instead of his own Prado, which was in the way and parked in an easier spot. #badenclay
• #badenclay did not call any of Allison's friends for information until after he reported her missing to police.
• He agrees that he took the little car - Sparky, the Captiva - out to search
• Fuller: but your Prado was parked in the driveway, there wasn't significant damage to it #badenclay
• Fuller says there wasn't significant damage to the Prado. He'd been driving it since the accident. #badenclay
• Fuller suggests to Gerard the Captiva had been reversed in when he took it. Gerard says this wasn't true. #badenclay

I'm pretty sure GBC also said that Allison wouldn't reverse the car in like that as well - I could have seen that elsewhere though.
The point is that GBC had said that the Captiva had been reversed into the car park (I think that's what he said in early statements?)

Just cutting and pasting a section from Figtree's excellent summary of the tweets posted here during GBC's questioning by Todd Fuller (post #56 of this thread)

•Fuller: your dad came over, you and sister searched streets, why take the Captiva. Gerard: my car had been in an accident #badenclay
•Gerard says the Prado was a bigger car, had been in an accident. #badenclay
•Fuller asks why Gerard took the Captiva instead of his own Prado, which was in the way and parked in an easier spot. #badenclay
•#badenclay did not call any of Allison's friends for information until after he reported her missing to police.
•He agrees that he took the little car - Sparky, the Captiva - out to search
•Fuller: but your Prado was parked in the driveway, there wasn't significant damage to it #badenclay
•Fuller says there wasn't significant damage to the Prado. He'd been driving it since the accident. #badenclay
•Fuller suggests to Gerard the Captiva had been reversed in when he took it. Gerard says this wasn't true. #badenclay

I'm pretty sure GBC also said that Allison wouldn't reverse the car in like that as well - I could have seen that elsewhere though.
The point is that GBC had said that the Captiva had been reversed into the car park (I think that's what he said in early statements?)

There are so many holes in his story - I'm surprised more wasn't made of the inconsistencies

The WS poll has 10% not guilty. That would be 1.2 jurors dissent. The judge can accept a majority verdict, where 11 of 12 agree. This might be what we are in for?

I think the issue is, has it been proved beyond a reasonable doubt, the GBC did it? There is no suggestion that anyone else had, or could have had a hand in it, and the notion of suicide and winding up under that bridge is absurd. I think you may remove a reasonable doubt, given the weight of other evidence.

WS poll? Have missed something? Where is this?

Respectfully snipped by me

3. Re: the significance of the impending Toni/Allison collision. That whole potentiality was DIRECTLY related to money. Hearing GBC flat out deny ANY concern (contrary to prior statements and all commonsense) makes me think he was completely preoccupied with it on the 19th. That afternoon and early evening's calls were taken up with it. He told Allison to take herself off for a coffee post appointment (a strange suggestion, given all we know). If you also keep in mind Allison's REALLY brave, bold and thereto unprecedented calling out of GBC just the day before (having fun with your companion, no seats down), the fact that she clearly wanted to look 'just so' for this conference and that she THOUGHT she had a recently opened line of communication with GBC, you can imagine a situation in which a newly emboldened Allison picks her moment, over, say, the washing up, to say something like 'I suppose that Toni will be there tomorrow', or worse, something to the effect that she was looking forward to seeing Toni. I do accept that Toni was more likely than not to steer clear of Allison that day. HOWEVER, I think (and I think it had occurred to GBC) that Allison MIGHT JUST have had the guts and inclination to approach Toni. That would have spelt certain discovery of the renewed affair, Allison no doubt walking out, with the girls and taking any asset worth taking, including her insurances. I am 99% convinced that the conference was the catalyst for events that evening. Equals motive. Urgent motive :(

I totally agree that the catalyst has to have been the conference. Allison wasn't killed the night before or the week before. She was killed hours before that conference where GBC's separate lives were coming together. And it was about the money. I think Allison was now strong enough to deal direct with Toni and GBC knew it and was terrified. Terrified enough to smother his wife after they spent a nice evening together. I don't believe they had a fight. He played the good husband right up until he killed her.

Don't think that was ever been establish that I am aware. If her husband with her.

OW's husband had returned to Townsville. As their kids are home schooled by OW they didn't need to return for school so they stayed an extra week to catch up with family.

I recall reading in the last few days that the blue dot Kellie Thomson saw on GBC's phone did not indicate where Allison's phone was. The blue dot was in fact showing where GBC's phone was. If it had located Allison's phone (with the Find My Friends app switched on) it would have displayed a green dot. I'm sure it was here somewhere that I read this. If this is in fact the case then Allison's phone wasn't at 61 Boscombe Road or thereabouts at all. I feel certain that GBC would have switched her phone to silent so irrespective of where it was, no-one would have heard it ring.

Makara it was in court that it was mentioned that it was likely finding GBC's phone and the blue dot was off whatever the distance was to next door. I think now that is why GBC's reaction to the so called news that Allison's phone was next door, was strange. It wasn't that he was pretending to be happy they located Allison's phone, it was that he was very confused as he knew Allison's phone was not next door and no where near. It was far away. If he was familiar with the app and knew that it should have been a green dot, why did he not say, No I think that is picking up my phone.

I wonder how much was kept from Allison regarding her and GBC financials both in relation to the business and their personal accounts. The borrowing and the loans 90k 90k 90k 300k 400k...
I wonder if she knew any of this, or the truth of it (at least).
I think not. Its not been mentioned in the trial.

Just some of tonight's thoughts...

This was talked about during the trial. The three C buddies went into detail about the loans but in one of the most important meetings about it, they made GBC go and confirm something with Allison who was in another room. He left the room and came back saying yes Alllison's fine with that. They presumed he did talk to her but in reality they only had his word for it. I think from their testimony that Allison had some knowledge about the loans from perhaps the odd comments rather than being part of any formal discussions. But it certainly was not clear if she knew the amounts, interest details etc.

Alioop - I would like to think that she had had a nice evening too

WEBSLEUTHS will be offline tomorrow morning, July 4th, from 6AM to about 8AM PST for a software upgrade. You can get updates about the upgrade during that time on Twitter via #websleuths.

The search feature will not be fully operational for a couple of days after the upgrade, due to the amount of information on our site. It takes awhile to get that data back online.

For more information and to get answers to your questions, follow this link to our private forum:
For Members Only

I totally agree that the catalyst has to have been the conference. Allison wasn't killed the night before or the week before. She was killed hours before that conference where GBC's separate lives were coming together. And it was about the money. I think Allison was now strong enough to deal direct with Toni and GBC knew it and was terrified. Terrified enough to smother his wife after they spent a nice evening together. I don't believe they had a fight. He played the good husband right up until he killed her.

RSBM I agree - and it's appropriate that GBC used the word dastardly, because that's exactly what his actions were, and still are.

Dastardly - it's like he's living in a sitcom [emoji34]

Alioop - I would like to think that she had had a nice evening too

I think she had a nice hair do, looking forward to the conference as she was determined to do all she could to keep the business running, felt confident, felt empowered in her relationship with GBC and was very hopeful he truely wanted to save their marriage. She was getting through all the questions she had in her diary to ask him, he was participating because of Carmel Ritchie bullying him into shutting up and listening to her. Things were looking very good in her mind, she was far away from her depressed times. Her youngest was now at school and she had breathing space to persue her own exciting ventures.

I now think that Carmel Ritchie's advice for the 15 min sessions didn't lead to GBC exploding in an argument. It was the conference that was the catalyst.

Just having awful thoughts here - I wonder if the suspected bruising on Allison's chest wall could have been from someone's body weight or knees while smothering her? Apologies if that has already been discussed, or is upsetting to read.

I recall reading in the last few days that the blue dot Kellie Thomson saw on GBC's phone did not indicate where Allison's phone was. The blue dot was in fact showing where GBC's phone was. If it had located Allison's phone (with the Find My Friends app switched on) it would have displayed a green dot. I'm sure it was here somewhere that I read this. If this is in fact the case then Allison's phone wasn't at 61 Boscombe Road or thereabouts at all. I feel certain that GBC would have switched her phone to silent so irrespective of where it was, no-one would have heard it ring.

Hi All - my husband and I use the Find My Friend app as he is a cyclist and we've had a couple of scares with him coming off his bike/getting flats in remote areas. I can confirm that the app shows yourself as the blue dot, and other people as an orange and white icon - see screen capture of where I am currently towards the bottom left side of the screen near Milton showing in blue.

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    487.2 KB · Views: 96
Just having awful thoughts here - I wonder if the suspected bruising on Allison's chest wall could have been from someone's body weight or knees while smothering her? Apologies if that has already been discussed, or is upsetting to read.

Very likely I believe.

I think you're right MadDoc re: surveillance company.

Just thought it would've been an interesting question put to Mr Ward 'Do you also work for a company called Alibi Projects?'. Nothing in it but would possibly help to discredit him.

Yes SS and Mad Doc. From memory it was OzSpy at Taringa. I believe he said his friend owned it, if that helps?

RSBM I agree - and it's appropriate that GBC used the word dastardly, because that's exactly what his actions were, and still are.

Agree completely Catswhiskers. It is appropriate that GBC used the word dastardly, because that's exactly what his actions were, and still are. Dastardly.

"And, after all, what is a lie? 'Tis but the truth in masquerade. " - Lord Byron

“The most dangerous of all falsehoods is a slightly distorted truth.” ― Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

I don't follow. What relevance does owning a real estate business and being active in the community have to one's capacity to explain fingernail scratches to one's face on the day one's wife is reported missing?

Sorry that was me being sarcastic, trying to enter the mind of the accused :blushing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member