GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #4

Discussion in 'Allison Baden-Clay of Australia' started by marlywings, Jun 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kiwijayne

kiwijayne Well-Known Member

Video or voice recordings of fights etc.

2. Inspector

Inspector Member

Another lie? So unlike G!

3. angelalansbury

angelalansbury New Member

ABC had the 'Find my cheating husband' app, whilst Gerard had 'Find my mistress' app.

4. BJsleuth

BJsleuth New Member

That's right, it just fitted with the script.

5. Makara

Makara Former Member

Thanks very much Samanthaj.

6. BJsleuth

BJsleuth New Member

That's what I thought Makara. Gauging his reaction.

7. Minerva

Minerva New Member

Would GBC have known that the body would need to be exposed to the elements for a while to destroy evidence? That's the sort of thing most people would have to google and the forensic computer team would have flagged any suspicious internet activity.

I think he's been incredibly lucky for the most part, except for the scratches. And it bothers me. He just doesn't seem cunning enough to know how to minimise physical evidence.

8. Inspector

Inspector Member

Sorry to be annoying, but what part of the phone did they get the pings from? If it's the sim, that could have been flushed down the toilet and the actual phone destroyed elsewhere. I keep thinking of the signal coming from the house behind.

9. marlywings

marlywings Former Member

No need for google when his father was a life insurance salesman.

10. LadyBird1

LadyBird1 Member

If I recall correctly, a sim card was found at Kholo Bridge at the time. It was quietly dismissed as "not being relevant".
    Speaking of irrelevance, GBC was also "dismissed" as a suspect, in the early days.
    So I have wondered how much "irrelevant" information is yet to be made public.

11. angelalansbury

angelalansbury New Member

If he walks- God forbid, the Dickies should sue in civil court for the life insurance as the sacles tip to balance of probability.

12. BJsleuth

BJsleuth New Member

He probably learnt just enough from watching TV.

13. marlywings

marlywings Former Member

Text copied from TM's statement...

21. Gerard never discussed insurances with me. I was never aware of a liability insurance police for the business but every agency does have to have a public liability insurance policy. I am aware that Nigel was previously a life insurance salesman because Nigel told me that. Nigel also told me that he was a former game warden in Africa. Nigel never tried to sell me a life insurance policy but did recommend that I take out a life insurance policy.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Bail Hearing Documents *No Discussion*

14. Thinking

Thinking New Member

My thoughts are that the initial "story" was going to be that she went for a walk and was taken by a random stranger. One of the children said in their interview that she took her phone with her when she went for a walk. I think it was a rushed decision by the perpetrator, but this may have been the reasoning behind the phone needing to disappear.

15. kiwijayne

My guess was GBC was told he wasn't a suspect so they could build their case and for the police to wait for him to slip up.

16. kiwijayne

I can tell you that I walked past Allison's house most mornings to work and never saw her. I even walked past the day she went "missing".

17. MRSA

MRSA Member

Police conducted a search of the property, with the assistance of a helicopter equipped with a thermal imaging camera. Pretty elaborate furphy ...

Doesn't take a pathologist to work out a body putrefies quicker in warm, moist air than buried in earth or submerged in water.

18. Maigret

Maigret New Member

Very possible - our new neighbours (4 young children) go for a walk in their backyard to have discussions re parenting etc - we can hear it all but their children can't

19. Lu-Lu

Lu-Lu New Member

I believe that the time they crossed paths at the gym would have been before Toni and Gerard were back on.

I think this second time around she wasn't going to be satisfied with being the mistress anymore. He was determined in getting him to commit to ending it with Allison. Thus why she would now be confrontational. If Allison was at the conference it would suggest to Toni that she was not his top priority. It would be proved true, in her mind... "see he's put Allison before me again!"

20. Fly

Fly New Member

Hi all, newbie here. Just wanted to say thanks and how happy I was to find you all! I have never been obsessed with a criminal case before. I don't know what's wrong with me. I found myself relying on live tweets via the courier mail but then I discovered a whole wealth of information on here and that other people were obsessed too! I still don't know why this is taking up my days. I have no personal connection at all. But glad to see there are others!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.