GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone remember if Alison ever mentioned in her diary about GBC giving her his phone each night?

Nope, never read that she wrote it in diary, and she would when she's detailing stuff about his infidelity. jmo

Oh yes, very Enid Blytonish. Right up there with scoundrels and rotters. I keep thinking of Dick Dastardly from the Wacky Races cartoon that I used to watch as a kid too.

Famous Five? Or maybe Secret Seven?

A WITNESS has told police of seeing two four-wheel-drives near Kholo Creek crossing early on the day Allison Baden-Clay was reported missing.

It is alleged a white four-wheel-drive didn't have its headlights on, only parking lights, and was closely tailing a smaller, blue four-wheel-drive at about 4am on April 20.

The witness told of noticing the vehicles at Anstead in Brisbane's west - within 2km of where the 43-year-old mother of three's body was found 10 days later. Police said Mrs Baden-Clay was reported missing by her husband Gerard at 7.30am Friday after she failed to return from her usual morning walk.
"Point, and I can do the rest" ----------->(couriermail) :smile:

Many thanks FromGermany!
:seeya:

I am still having a problem with the phone. Why did the phone have to disappear. The find my friend ap was obviously turned of. The calls to and from the phone would have been on that server?? Am I right about that?? IF she took the phone when she went for a walk it would be useless if it was not on or charged. If she put Gerards phone on the charger the night before why wouldn't she have put hers on the charger also because she was going to a conference. She had her children having sleep overs and she had dresses to drop off. All reasons to want your phone charged and ready to go. Her phone should have had a good day or so of charge if it wasn't being used. (I don't understand the stuff about the phone being triangulated.) How does that work?

I have always wondered why the phone seemingly 'had to disappear', when everything related to calls and texts would have been obtainable from the provider. I have an idea that the phone may have been damaged whilst in a struggle and dropped - a shattered/smashed screen, perhaps with a tooth chip inside the debris, would have been very difficult to find a rational real explanation for; the phone could still be operative nevertheless with a broken screen, until the battery ran flat. MOO

You have captured Allison's vitality, and love of her children and self .
Just beautiful :loveyou:

Thank you for such a beautiful tribute to Allison. You have captured all of her in her eyes - stunning!

I agree. I think he was afraid that TM would show Alison the email telling her he would be free by July 1. How could he possibly explain that ?

This possibility was canvassed by Fuller whilst GBC was on the stand. It adds to motive IMO.

I just had a think about the phone what if it had evidence on it say Allison managed to record something(her being attacked or such like). The easiest way to get rid of the evidence would be for the phone to go missing. Forensic people could possibly retrieve evidence from it etc?

This has confused me also. If he knew forensics could get info from the phone, which is the only reason I also could think of for it to be hidden, why would he plug his phone in to charge in the middle of the night?

This has confused me also. If he knew forensics could get info from the phone, which is the only reason I also could think of for it to be hidden, why would he plug his phone in to charge in the middle of the night?

Force of habit, business as usual. He had a busy day coming up with the house launch etc. moo

My guess he didn't know what forensics could tell from a phone. He probably didn't think they could tell what time it was plugged into charge. But he did know that they could possibly retrieve voice recording or video?

Oddsocks, I agree with others here..... your amazing portrait should go to the Dickies and the girls. What a great gift you have and what a great gift you would be passing on. A copy can placed at her memorial.
Think about it at least.

Funny how things come about.
My youngest boy is 8, and has exhausted his collection of books. Last night I pulled out my old collection of Famous Five books which I had as a kid, and have introduced them to him. Hopefully he finds them as interesting as I did (I reread them many times as a boy).

And as for "dastardly", I too thought of Wacky Races (and Mutley, my favourite) :)
Spent a bit of time searching for a photo of DD with some face scratches but no luck.

Dick_Dastardly.jpg

My guess he didn't know what forensics could tell from a phone. He probably didn't think they could tell what time it was plugged into charge. But he did know that they could possibly retrieve voice recording or video?

Yes you're probably right. :)

Did any of us realise or phones record the times they are plugged in to charge and unplugged again? This case opened my eyes to that fact, although logically I should have realised it from the battery usage graph. A "Duh!" moment for me, and I consider myself fairly phone savvy :)

Did any of us realise or phones record the times they are plugged in to charge and unplugged again? This case opened my eyes to that fact, although logically I should have realised it from the battery usage graph. A "Duh!" moment for me, and I consider myself fairly phone savvy :)

I had to take a phone to Apple one time as it didn't seem to be charging properly and they plugged it in and showed me the history of charging on the computer.

Also in an iPhone it shows you time since last full charge split into usage and standby time in the settings area. :)

Oddsocks, I agree with others here..... your amazing portrait should go to the Dickies and the girls. What a great gift you have and what a great gift you would be passing on. A copy can placed at her memorial.
Think about it at least.

My youngest boy is 8, and has exhausted his collection of books. Last night I pulled out my old collection of Famous Five books which I had as a kid, and have introduced them to him. Hopefully he finds them as interesting as I did (I reread them many times as a boy).

And as for "dastardly", I too thought of Wacky Races (and Mutley, my favourite) :)
Spent a bit of time searching for a photo of DD with some face scratches but no luck.

Dick_Dastardly.jpg

I had the board game and always played as Penelope Pitstop :)

I have always wondered why the phone seemingly 'had to disappear', when everything related to calls and texts would have been obtainable from the provider. I have an idea that the phone may have been damaged whilst in a struggle and dropped - a shattered/smashed screen, perhaps with a tooth chip inside the debris, would have been very difficult to find a rational real explanation for; the phone could still be operative nevertheless with a broken screen, until the battery ran flat. MOO

Perhaps Allison had managed to activate her phone at the time of her murder, and it contained a voice recording of the entire event.
Or she may have dialed 000.
My guess that the phone ended up in many pieces because something on it was incriminatory.
He has tried to talk away almost every piece of incriminating material.
The phone charger bit could have become his undoing, until he worked out a semi plausible explanation for that too.

Think about it at least.

Dick_Dastardly.jpg

If he starts reading them, maybe ask him to let you know if he comes across any dastardly deeds.

Loved Muttley's sneaky chuckle, but fancied myself as a bit of a Penelope Pitstop type :)

And Walk A Mile, I don't think we realise half the info our phones and other devices are storing or beaming out about us constantly. Something police must be increasingly grateful for these days.

Back here after real life taking over for a few days.

The only thing that pokes a hole in the conference being the catalyst theory for me is that Toni and Allison had run into each other at the gym and there was no confrontation then. Toni had been trying to keep her trainer talking so that she wouldn't have to walk directly past Allison. I don't believe either woman would have been undignified enough to initiate a confrontation at the conference. That was actually the one part of Todd Fuller's cross that didn't have me on eggshells. I didn't think it sounded like a realistic supposition.

I'm disappointed GBC wasn't hammered harder on the money. I think that's the weak spot. I'm back at my original theory that Allison was to theoretically go missing en route to the conference and her unknown meet up arrangement with Kate Rankin stuffed up GBC's timeline.

I also think GBC thinks he did well on the stand. Why oh why he made the completely unnecessary admission that he'd been with even more women is beyond me. To me, that smacked of "look what else I've gotten away with."

Back here after real life taking over for a few days.

The only thing that pokes a hole in the conference being the catalyst theory for me is that Toni and Allison had run into each other at the gym and there was no confrontation then. Toni had been trying to keep her trainer talking so that she wouldn't have to walk directly past Allison. I don't believe either woman would have been undignified enough to initiate a confrontation at the conference. That was actually the one part of Todd Fuller's cross that didn't have me on eggshells. I didn't think it sounded like a realistic supposition.

I'm disappointed GBC wasn't hammered harder on the money. I think that's the weak spot. I'm back at my original theory that Allison was to theoretically go missing en route to the conference and her unknown meet up arrangement with Kate Rankin stuffed up GBC's timeline.

I also think GBC thinks he did well on the stand. Why oh why he made the completely unnecessary admission that he'd been with even more women is beyond me. To me, that smacked of "look what else I've gotten away with."

I wondered if that was to try and say look I've had lots of affairs - why would you think I'd leave home for this one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine