GBC's life in prison

Discussion in 'Allison Baden-Clay of Australia' started by Kimster, Jul 15, 2014.

1. PlainJaneDoe

PlainJaneDoe Verified expert in neuroscience

Oh noes! He won't be able to make creepy-looking profiles on dating sites!

2. they'll get you

they'll get you CHRIS. P. BACON

"GBC's life in prison"
    "GBC's life in prison"

That's like music to my ears
    :jail:
    :guitar::guitar::guitar::guitar:

3. BreakingNews

BreakingNews Well-Known Member

Thanks Marly. However to be eligible for parole, one has to admit to the crime!

4. Panda

Panda Well-Known Member

Hi Froglady, for the purpose of the appeal - the case won't be heard again in its entirety, 3 judges will decide if there was an error of law during the trial, or if any crucial facts were overlooked. It will depend on the appeal as to whether a new trial is ordered.

5. Tulessa

Tulessa Well-Known Member

Sounds to me like he has it made> no wants< worries< bills< or taxed> cry me a river> :(

6. Champagne4lulu

Champagne4lulu Active Member

Anyone heard anything about GBC inside. Curious to know how he is dealing with this and what the inmates, wardens etc treat him

7. marlywings

marlywings Former Member

I'm surprised there hasn't been a report on how he's dealing with prison. Even more surprised it's only been around six or so weeks since the verdict...seems a lot longer.

He won't be having no picnic in there that's for sure according to this report from last year....

Life behind bars ... it's no picnic

29th Mar 2013

PRISON DIARY:
    &#8226; Cells open between 7am and 7.30am for breakfast
    &#8226; Breakfast normally consists of cereal and toast
    &#8226; If not rostered in a unit where there is work, you "sit around all day"
    &#8226; There are also "musters" all day, where prisoners line up to ensure all are present
    &#8226; Lunch is at 11am, it is normally a brough meal of salad, cold meat and bread.
    &#8226; A cooked meal is served at 4pm
    &#8226; Prisoners are locked in from 5pm till 7am the next morning

OUTLOOK OF A PRISON CELL:
    &#8226; prison cells are basic rooms, bathroom size, equipped with a bed, desk, chair, shower and toilet and television
    &#8226; cells are positioned in two-storey units, surrounded by a gravel floor and walkway
    &#8226; there are between 40 t0 50 people in a unit
    &#8226; each unit has an exercise yard, about the size of a tennis court
    &#8226; there is a communal area in the middle of the unit, equipped with television, eating tables and sometimes a ping-pong table
    &#8226; some prisoners can work in the laundry or making food
    &#8226; prisoners who work get paid $4 an hour as well as $9 a week allowance for goods like toothpaste and soap. Prisoners who don't work also get a $6 a week unemployment benefit

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/life-behind-bars-its-no-picnic-former-prisoner/1802414/

8. BreakingNews

Can just hear it now. "So Gerry, what do you think of the offence you committed now?"
    Gerry: "Brilliant."
    "How do you feel for your victims?"
    Gerry: "Well, she's dead. And my family never liked her family anyway. We once invited them to have a cup of tea on the footpath."
    "Why do you think you committed the offence?"
    Gerry: "I did it for the business. Actually the caterpillar actually made me do it. Was out of my hands."

But like I've said, he can only get paroled if he fesses up to what he did. Unless he finds god in prison, I can't see him ever confessing. It's not in his mindset.

9. HoolyDooly

HoolyDooly New Member

TODAY WAS FATHERS' DAY.......HOPE IT WAS PAINFUL FOR HIM. Maybe his girls visited. This would have been hard.

10. Camp Chair

Camp Chair Active Member

11. wewillgetyou

wewillgetyou Well-Known Member

This is an interesting read

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-prison-revealed/story-fnihsrf2-1227071917888

"FROM selling millions in property in Brisbane&#8217;s prestigious suburbs to joining a waiting list in prison for a job that could earn him just $60 a week.

This is Gerard Baden-Clay&#8217;s new life in the &#8220;pro*tected&#8221; high-security Wolston Correctional Centre, where he will spend a minimum of 14 hours a day locked away while he serves a life sentence for murdering his wife Allison."

12. Amee

Amee Active Member

Just months after arriving at Wolston jail after his conviction in July, Baden-Clay has already applied to move from his cell in 50-bed unit S5 to the prison&#8217;s residential section.

It&#8217;s known as the &#8220;cushy&#8221; part of the jail, where inmates are given more freedom and live in six-bed units.

To get there, prisoners have to prove they are trustworthy, working or attempting to gain work and have a good track record with prison bosses.

The Courier-Mail has been told Baden-Clay has applied for a job in industries, the bulk of which relates to metal work.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-prison-revealed/story-fnihsrf2-1227071917888

13. fruity

fruity Well-Known Member

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2014/09/27/02/42/gerard-baden-clay-wants-to-move-jail-cells
    Baden-Clay pushing for cushier cell. Wife-killer unhappy with jail, wants transfer to luxury section.

The 43-year-old has been living in a 50-bed unit in the high-security Wolston Correctional Centre.

While this is normal for new prisoners, model inmates can score a cell in the prison's more luxurious residential section - and that is what Baden-Clay has applied for, the Courier-Mail has reported.

The residential section of the jail separates inmates into six-bed units and allows them more freedoms.

A source said while Baden-Clay thought he was "above everyone" in the jail, he has not been ignored or abused by inmates.

The Wacol corrections centre is currently too full, officials have said, with 722 prisoners sharing the 600-bed prison.

14. BreakingNews

I just popped in here to add this article from the Courier Mail, but I was too late.

It just makes you wonder, doesn't it? GBC feels superior to everyone else and keeps out of trouble. Of course he would! That's how he fools people. And he wouldn't want to upset anyone before his appeal, would he?

Wonder if he truly believes his own lies, that he is innocent.

15. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

16. marlywings

marlywings Former Member

Gerard Baden-Clay’s father in prison drug test controversy

October 16, 2014 12:00AM

THE father of convicted wife murderer Gerard Baden-Clay is at the centre of a prison drug test controversy after a jail scanner inexplicably found traces of cannabis on his clothing on four separate visits.

The Courier-Mail can reveal Wolston Correctional Centre ION scans, which test shirts and pockets, have repeatedly found “presumptive” traces of Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the active ingredient in marijuana, on Nigel Baden-Clay’s clothing.

It is understood the test results have stunned the straight-laced grandson of Scouts founder Lord Robert Baden-Powell and his family, and surprised even police who investigated his son’s crime.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...test-controversy/story-fnn8dlfs-1227091891907

17. Makara

Makara Former Member

I almost fell off my chair laughing when I read this. So old Nige has been getting stuck into the hoochy coochy! LOL.

Note to self Nigel - after partaking of the herb and before visiting Gerard in jail, change into fresh clothing.

It would seem that NBC is still on the police radar. Good!

18. Mrs G Norris

Mrs G Norris Well-Known Member

I love how it's assumed in the article that NBC is as straight as he seems .. um no, just because he is middle class / white / and gives the impression of being conservative does not exclude him from being any number of things including a drug user, he raised a killer after all.

19. Humdinger

Humdinger Active Member

I just heard this on Sunrise and gosh I laughed!! Old Nige would be furious about the publicity :)
    In all seriousness though, what a knob, 4 times!!! Would you not learn??? Also, why is he still having contact visits? Why are they bending the rules for him?

20. Mrs G Norris

Mrs G Norris Well-Known Member

Maybe his wife is the pot smoker? You never know ..