GBC's life in prison

Perhaps Olivia or NBC applied for that commendation. Getting all his ducks in a row to look like a good law abiding citizen when he is finally arrested for assisting GBC.

Taken from the link in the post above

If you have served for 25, 40, 50 or 60 years, you may be eligible for an award. To nominate, contact your local Queensland State Member of Parliament. Please provide a copy of your original registration certificate.

So why was he given an award after 20 years service ? I'd be interested to know if this was applied for and given after all the kerfuffle with Bruce Flegg recently. Perhaps they are expecting to have one less friend in high places after the next election ......

I don't want to be an alarmist or anything but where there's smoke there's fire.

I don't want to be an alarmist or anything but where there's smoke there's fire.

The ION scanners are ridiculously sensitive. Ask any lawyer (or anyone else for that matter) who visits correctional facilities on a regular basis, every single one of them will have failed at one time or another.

Handling money is a big issue and will almost invariably lead to a positive reading, we advise visitors, particularly those who are visiting from afar to avoid contact with money a couple of days prior to their visit and to ensure that they wash their hands to an OCD level and even buy new clothes for each visit if at all possible. Many visitors also wear gloves on the day of their visit so they don't transfer anything nasty when coming into contact with common areas.

THC is a big problem for visitors mainly because it can be airborne. You can be in the vicinity of someone who has recently indulged in a bit of the green stuff and traces could be found on your person and clothing without you even realising. Washing clothes doesn't always remove all traces either, pocket swabs often come up positive because traces are often concentrated there because we put money, our hands etc in them frequently, both which can carry all kinds of nasties without us knowing.

I think it's totally inappropriate that these results were leaked to the media and I dare say that once the leak has been identified (and it should be a fairly simple process) someone will be out of a job.

The ION scanners are ridiculously sensitive. Ask any lawyer (or anyone else for that matter) who visits correctional facilities on a regular basis, every single one of them will have failed at one time or another.

Handling money is a big issue and will almost invariably lead to a positive reading, we advise visitors, particularly those who are visiting from afar to avoid contact with money a couple of days prior to their visit and to ensure that they wash their hands to an OCD level and even buy new clothes for each visit if at all possible. Many visitors also wear gloves on the day of their visit so they don't transfer anything nasty when coming into contact with common areas.

THC is a big problem for visitors mainly because it can be airborne. You can be in the vicinity of someone who has recently indulged in a bit of the green stuff and traces could be found on your person and clothing without you even realising. Washing clothes doesn't always remove all traces either, pocket swabs often come up positive because traces are often concentrated there because we put money, our hands etc in them frequently, both which can carry all kinds of nasties without us knowing.

I think it's totally inappropriate that these results were leaked to the media and I dare say that once the leak has been identified (and it should be a fairly simple process) someone will be out of a job.

Thanks JCB. However how come it was only Nige who got busted, not once, not twice, not 3 times, but 4 times? And how come EBC didn't get caught? If this system is so unreliable, how come it is still used? I agree with Overloaded, where there's smoke, there's fire.

Justice of the Peace-Pipe? lol "The Newman government commended him". What a ringing endorsement. NBC worked in real estate, having a JP in-house makes practical sense IMO. Doing themselves a favour whilst passing it off as a good deed. Also an easy way to buy yourself 'trust me' cred with minimal output (no disrespect to the genuine ones!). Not denying Nige hasn't given others his time, but clearly there was also something in it for him. No different to GBC really when I think about it. Unless there's recognition, a badge or networking benefits in it, did they bother?

Interested in the suggestion by jail staff that there's been a special allowance made & I hope their tip offs continue to find media. Without the likes of the Courier Mail, how else could the average person really have any surety that GBC is actually in jail, will be staying in jail and not sitting at a pool-bar overseas calling himself Bruce!

Camp Chair, OT, but it does happen. Years ago I was visiting the Crocodile Farm outside Darwin when who should we see with minders, but someone well known for blaming dingos. It wasn't just me who took a second look, my very reliable dad saw her also. In jail??? Not that day.

Dear Gerard, this Christmas, may you be thinking what a fresh ocean king prawn may taste like. Well you should give it away, because you will never taste one again.

Whatever your Christmas meal is GBC, I hope it gives you worms.

Love and thoughts as always to Allison's family and friends x

It's Christmas time and GBC is where he belongs. It has been a successful year, a long-awaited trial found him GUILTY and he was convicted of the murder of Allison Baden-Clay. The BC family will suffer the stigma Gerard has brought upon them. Gerard will suffer in jail. Sadly the children did not deserve any suffering at this time of year, but no doubt, they will miss their mother terribly, have (age dependent) mixed feelings about their father and his family. Allison's family, friends and community will miss her as they slowly recover from this tragic event in Brookfield. Take the consequences Gerard.

Wonder if GBC will be watching the re-run of TMcH's story on 60 minutes tonight?

Yes, this! He's been convicted of murder, therefore he is guilty.

Lol. I'm not saying he is not guilty...but lol...if you are convicted of murder you are guilty?

The legal system around the world isn't too bad at picking up Johnny Punchclock or Sally Housecoat for stealing money from their workplace or killing someone for their life insurance...but by in large all legal systems around the world are totally corrupt and therefore protect the most corrupt, the most guilty and the most heinous...the filthy rich.

So maybe some of GBC's creditors can garnish his wages. And imagine that, he thinks he is better than everyone!

Baden-Clay works in its “snaps” section where prisoners assemble metal parts for a contracted company. Jobs can pay just over $50 a week.

A source said Baden-Clay, who doesn’t wear a wedding ring but could if he wanted, “thinks he is better than everyone” and spent his first months in jail reading books.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ds-most-infamous/story-fnn8dlfs-1227211091472

So maybe some of GBC's creditors can garnish his wages. And imagine that, he thinks he is better than everyone!

Baden-Clay works in its “snaps” section where prisoners assemble metal parts for a contracted company. Jobs can pay just over $50 a week.

A source said Baden-Clay, who doesn’t wear a wedding ring but could if he wanted, “thinks he is better than everyone” and spent his first months in jail reading books.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ds-most-infamous/story-fnn8dlfs-1227211091472

GBC is included in 'the worst of the worst' in prison

I didn't know where to post this, there are so many threads for Allison. But this had the most recent posts, so I thought here might be the best place.

I just heard on Ch 9 TV news that the court has just ruled that Allison's $400,000 life insurance policy will be awarded to the children. It is presumed that it will be held in trust for the girls' care and welfare.

I didn't know where to post this, there are so many threads for Allison. But this had the most recent posts, so I thought here might be the best place.

I just heard on Ch 9 TV news that the court has just ruled that Allison's $400,000 life insurance policy will be awarded to the children. It is presumed that it will be held in trust for the girls' care and welfare.

Maybe there is something positive to become of all this negative.

Here are a few more articles about the court decision.

Federal Court Justice Andrew Greenwood ordered the release of the second of Mrs Baden-Clay's life insurance policies on Thursday, which the court had held in trust since early 2013.

The dual policies have a combined total value of nearly $800,000.
But her daughters will not be able to access the money until their father exhausts his legal avenues to appeal his conviction over his wife's murder.

Further, if successful in his bid to have his conviction overturned in the Queensland Court of Appeal this year, Mr Baden-Clay, who was named as sole beneficiary, would be able to make a claim for the funds.
Mrs Baden-Clay's father, the executor of her estate, made the application to freeze the funds.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...to-access-life-insurance-20150227-13qsiw.html

Slain Queensland mother Allison Baden-Clay's life insurance payout will go to her family, not the husband who murdered her, a court has confirmed.
On Thursday, the Federal Court ordered the sum of Allison's TAL Life Limited policy - worth more than $412,000 in 2013 - be paid to the trust of solicitors representing her father, the estate's executor.

http://www.skynews.com.au/news/nati...urance-claim-denied.html#sthash.Lg6Pxvh7.dpuf

Murdered Queensland mother Allison Baden-Clay's life insurance payout will be held in a trust pending her husband's murder conviction appeal.
The total will now be held in a trust, pending an appeal, before being awarded to his wife's family.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-02-27/allison-baden-clay-insurance-to-go-to-trust/6269646

Thanks for the posts South Aussie, IBsleuthin and Pi Thoughts. Good decision IMO.

Does anyone know if there are any verified insiders on Websleuths for this case?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back