GBC's life in prison

Discussion in 'Allison Baden-Clay of Australia' started by Kimster, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Makara

Makara Former Member

2. Karo

Karo Active Member

I wonder is this connected, reminding us that a family has been devastated by the loss and thus putting pressure on the appeal process.
    Sometimes media can be helpful.

3. wewillgetyou

wewillgetyou Active Member

I forgot to watch ! :gaah:
    1 year today since GBC was convicted and sent to jail.

4. Fuskier

Fuskier Well-Known Member

Congratulations to Makara WS Forum Moderator

:dance:

5. Fuskier

Thanks wewillgetyou. Can anyone report or summarize from that program please?

August 7th is just 3 weeks away. :thinking:

6. doozy

doozy New Member

7. BreakingNews

BreakingNews Well-Known Member

I recently read an artical in Take 5 issue dated 2 July 2015 about one of GBC's so called expert witness Dr Michael Robertson being involved in a murder in the USA. The story has reference to his court appearance for GBC where he said Allison's zoloft could have killed her. Pretty desperate to dig up this seedy bloke as an expert witness.

8. Fuskier

www.yahoo7.com.au

Channel 7: Sunrise Program
    Alison's sister, cousin and best friend appeared on national tv this morning to
    encourage people to remember Alison Baden-Clay today with an act of kindness today. It's been three years. Alison Baden-Clay Foundation exists to contribute to all those who have suffered from family violence and is available for donations. Story bridge will be lit up in yellow lights this evening in respect to Alison and all those who have suffered family violence. The children's aunt stated that the girls are doing "as well as expected in the circumstances"...:they know they are loved".

9. Fuskier

FYI

GBC's appeal due to be heard on Friday 7th August 2015. That's six days time.

10. possumheart

possumheart Well-Known Member

NPD being bandied around now with confidence — the type of spouse you never leave without support.

11. Fuskier

Good article with such an important message. Thanks Possumheart.

12. Oz Jen

Oz Jen Well-Known Member

13. BreakingNews

I don't understand why this is 'news' now. Didn't we know this at the time?

14. Karo

Karo Active Member

I saw news over the weekend re naming a bridge after Allison.
    Now, I am all for recognition but what makes Allison more worthy than any other murdered wife?, what is it about some people that makes them more memorable than others.

15. Amee

Amee Active Member

Gerard Baden-Clay (pictured with his wife Allison) pretended to be a fun-loving family man and successful real estate agent, but really he was faithless Lothario and scam artists who slept with office girls, squandered money and murdered his wife to cash in on her life insurance policies

There's a long road ahead:' Sister of Allison Baden-Clay speaks for the first time about the pain of missing the 'kind, nurturing soul' who was brutally murdered by her husband

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-brutally-murdered-husband.html#ixzz3hjHwQlSe

16. wewillgetyou

wewillgetyou Active Member

This is exactly what I said in the other thread, Karo. The other victims of domestic violence are just as important as Alison. I'm not sure I agree with this new 'celebrity' status.

17. Fuskier

I agree Karo and Wewillgetyou. We recognise the tragic nature of Allison's murder and the community witnessed justice delivered on this one. But equally tragically, in the big picture, Allison is but one of many murdered women, all .who equally deserve recognition. The community may benefit more from the real issue being highlighted which is education about 'domestic violence'. IMHO.

18. BreakingNews

Have a nice day GBC. Relive your rediculous lies

19. Fuskier

Just catching up for today.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...erard-baden-clay/story-fnihsrf2-1227473767137

Appeal begins for Gerard Baden-Clay
    DAVID MURRAY THE COURIER-MAIL AUGUST 07, 2015 4:21PM
    Lawyers for the 44-year-old took his case to Queensland’s Court of Appeal on Friday, arguing the jury’s murder verdict was unreasonable, and that he could have unintentionally killed his wife Allison...

20. Karo

Karo Active Member

but, didn't he plead not guilty? I am reasonably sure he did, so why now can they say "he may have unintentionally killed his wife and panicked"
    The time for that defence would have been immediately after he threw her body off a bridge and allowed people who loved her to wait days not knowing where she was.
    Too little too late I suggest.