GBC's life in prison

I wonder is this connected, reminding us that a family has been devastated by the loss and thus putting pressure on the appeal process.
Sometimes media can be helpful.

I forgot to watch ! :gaah:
1 year today since GBC was convicted and sent to jail.

Congratulations to Makara WS Forum Moderator

:dance:

I wasn't sure what thread to put this in - tomorrow night ( 14th July ) on the Channel 7 news in Brisbane they are doing an update on Allisons family and also how GBC would be spending his days in jail.
I'm guessing his appeal must be coming up soon .....

Thanks wewillgetyou. Can anyone report or summarize from that program please?

August 7th is just 3 weeks away. :thinking:

I recently read an artical in Take 5 issue dated 2 July 2015 about one of GBC's so called expert witness Dr Michael Robertson being involved in a murder in the USA. The story has reference to his court appearance for GBC where he said Allison's zoloft could have killed her. Pretty desperate to dig up this seedy bloke as an expert witness.

www.yahoo7.com.au

Channel 7: Sunrise Program
Alison's sister, cousin and best friend appeared on national tv this morning to
encourage people to remember Alison Baden-Clay today with an act of kindness today. It's been three years. Alison Baden-Clay Foundation exists to contribute to all those who have suffered from family violence and is available for donations. Story bridge will be lit up in yellow lights this evening in respect to Alison and all those who have suffered family violence. The children's aunt stated that the girls are doing "as well as expected in the circumstances"...:they know they are loved".

FYI

GBC's appeal due to be heard on Friday 7th August 2015. That's six days time.

NPD being bandied around now with confidence — the type of spouse you never leave without support.
Caruso and Baden-Clay both believed in their own cleverness and superiority and their right to demand compliance from their wives. They incorrectly assumed that others would swallow their fabricated stories about how their wives died. But their lack of empathy, a key feature of NPD, meant that neither realised others would see through their charade.
http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...unlikely-killers/story-fnq2o7dd-1227466266816

I don't understand why this is 'news' now. Didn't we know this at the time?

I saw news over the weekend re naming a bridge after Allison.
Now, I am all for recognition but what makes Allison more worthy than any other murdered wife?, what is it about some people that makes them more memorable than others.

Gerard Baden-Clay (pictured with his wife Allison) pretended to be a fun-loving family man and successful real estate agent, but really he was faithless Lothario and scam artists who slept with office girls, squandered money and murdered his wife to cash in on her life insurance policies

There's a long road ahead:' Sister of Allison Baden-Clay speaks for the first time about the pain of missing the 'kind, nurturing soul' who was brutally murdered by her husband

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-brutally-murdered-husband.html#ixzz3hjHwQlSe

I saw news over the weekend re naming a bridge after Allison.
Now, I am all for recognition but what makes Allison more worthy than any other murdered wife?, what is it about some people that makes them more memorable than others.

This is exactly what I said in the other thread, Karo. The other victims of domestic violence are just as important as Alison. I'm not sure I agree with this new 'celebrity' status.

This is exactly what I said in the other thread, Karo. The other victims of domestic violence are just as important as Alison. I'm not sure I agree with this new 'celebrity' status.

I agree Karo and Wewillgetyou. We recognise the tragic nature of Allison's murder and the community witnessed justice delivered on this one. But equally tragically, in the big picture, Allison is but one of many murdered women, all .who equally deserve recognition. The community may benefit more from the real issue being highlighted which is education about 'domestic violence'. IMHO.

Just catching up for today.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...erard-baden-clay/story-fnihsrf2-1227473767137

Appeal begins for Gerard Baden-Clay
DAVID MURRAY THE COURIER-MAIL AUGUST 07, 2015 4:21PM
Lawyers for the 44-year-old took his case to Queensland’s Court of Appeal on Friday, arguing the jury’s murder verdict was unreasonable, and that he could have unintentionally killed his wife Allison...

but, didn't he plead not guilty? I am reasonably sure he did, so why now can they say "he may have unintentionally killed his wife and panicked"
The time for that defence would have been immediately after he threw her body off a bridge and allowed people who loved her to wait days not knowing where she was.
Too little too late I suggest.
Just catching up for today.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...erard-baden-clay/story-fnihsrf2-1227473767137

Appeal begins for Gerard Baden-Clay
DAVID MURRAY THE COURIER-MAIL AUGUST 07, 2015 4:21PM
Lawyers for the 44-year-old took his case to Queensland’s Court of Appeal on Friday, arguing the jury’s murder verdict was unreasonable, and that he could have unintentionally killed his wife Allison...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood
Back