GBC's life in prison

You disagree with what I am wondering?

No. If they thought that as adults, all the more reason for them to have been protected as children. I mean yes, it's a terrible situation for them in any case, but I disagree with what you're saying there.

From every angle, given every chance, even by his oldest friends, GBC has proven himself to be a con man. Those girls should have the right to decide whether to contact him at 18, and not before.

I imagine Mr & Mrs Dickie might not be alive to protect those children when Gerbil is released. Hopefully that narcissistic *advertiser censored* doesn't move in with one of the girls because he WILL want to weasel a piece of the inheritance, mark my words!

According to The Courier Mail, Baden-Clay said it would be in the children's best interest if he was able to be a part of their lives.

But prison officials did not agree with the convicted killer and his request was denied.

His children will be adults by the time he is released from prison.

Baden-Clay has a non-parole period of 15 years.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/201...SlCHIAFMRii.99

I find the timing of this latest insurance hearing - May 8 and also the media surrounding GBC wanting access to his daughters is awful.
As we approach 5 years on April 19th since Allison's life was taken, it should be a time of quiet reflection for Mr & Mrs Dickie, family and loved ones but oh no the spotlight has yet again been turned around to focus on GBC. Just like a bad smell it keeps coming back. :notgood:

FYI

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...1850115a853387

Court rules Allison Baden-Clay’s daughters can receive life insurance payout
AAP 11:42AM May 8, 2017

In February 2017, the Brisbane Supreme Court ruled that Gerard Baden-Clay had no right to her estate. However, the Federal Court had to rule on whether her life insurance policies were part of Allison Baden-Clay's estate.

Today, the Federal Court ruled that the sum of Allison’s policies would be included under the control of the estate executor — her father, Geoff Dickie, and kept in a trust for her children. Therefore, Allison Baden-Clay’s daughters will finally receive the $800,000-plus life insurance payout.

JUSTICE DONE.

David Murray‏Verified account @TheMurrayD 7m7 minutes ago

Allison's life insurance will go to her daughters. It's taken five years but court proceedings finally over

:clap:

http://www.news.com.au/national/brea...c47c98e9645c0a

'Long, arduous' Baden-Clay legal trek ends
19 minutes ago, May 8, 2017
Sonia KohlbacherAustralian Associated Press

The parents of slain Queensland mother Allison Baden-Clay:
In a statement released Allison's parents thanked the community for supporting their family since her body was discovered in a creek bed west of Brisbane in April 2012.
"Today marks the end of a long and arduous journey through various court systems and we are pleased to be at the official end of all of the litigation in our daughter's case," ...case," the statement said.
"This morning, the Federal Court ruled that Allison's three girls will receive the proceeds of her life insurance and superannuation policies.
"While this seems like a victory for our family, we feel that it is little compensation for the loss of a mother, daughter and sister.
"Even though the past five years have been very difficult and stressful, we continue to move forward ensuring that Allison's three girls are cared for, and nurtured as Allison would have wanted."...

:grouphug:

I think I might keep this as my wallpaper on my PC.
I can't get enough of this.

Sources told 7News that he has since become overwhelmed, telling prison staff he was “not coping” with his life sentence as the “full reality of his murder conviction” finally dawned on him.

Unable to stop the flood of tears, Baden-Clay had to be helped back to his cell.

Ahhh Gerbil...freedom is wonderful. It's a magnificent clear blue sky today...I might drive down to the local cafe, meet with friends and enjoy a wonderful cappuccino with them.

I'm not sorry you can't.

I hope it's finally dawned on you.
Suck eggs.

How you contest the distribution of money that should have ultimately been the childrens defies logic and reasoning... oh wait... I think I see a pattern forming....

How you contest the distribution of money that should have ultimately been the childrens defies logic and reasoning... oh wait... I think I see a pattern forming....

Narcissistic entitlement.

Defies a normal person's reasoning.
We'll never really understand.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4369950/Baden-Clay-demands-contact-Brisbane-daughters.html
Wife killer Gerard Baden-Clay demands to have contact with his three children - despite brutally murdering their mother

-- Gerard Baden-Clay, 46, has sought communication with his three daughters
-- The convicted murderer wants to receive photos and report cards from the girls

NO. And NO. These young ladies know, if I can't talk to Mum and get her cuddles it is because of you. Report cards mean nothing really. Smart kids marks will get A's and other kids have a triumph at a C. What is he playing at? My easiest mark was an A, my hardest was a D. Maybe he is trying to get his precious daughters away from her grandparents re. school results. Epic fail GBC. Google it if you and Livvy don't understand.

New backstory to the investigation out. It is paywalled. Happy to give a synopsis if anyone can tell me which thread it should go on?

No paywall.

GERARD Baden-Clay’s sister Olivia remarked “Good, I’m glad” when told Allison’s body had been finally found and his mother allegedly told a neighbour in the days following that her son had been “driven” to his affairs by his wife.

And Olivia told a neighbour she had confronted her brother about whether he’d murdered his wife while the pair lay together on a bed.
New details have emerged of what went on in the Baden-Clay house while police searched the Brookfield area for the missing mother-of-three, according to statements provided to police by former neighbours and friends.
In an updated edition of The Murder of Allison Baden-Clay, to be released on Monday, author and The Courier-Mail journalist David Murray reveals previously unheard details of the case, including a revelation that Olivia Walton asked Gerard if he had killed his wife hours before her body was found on the banks of the Kholo Creek.
3e52aafc8c94e6d79dcf182f1c438f38

Olivia Walton.
9176fffc4b52a7d3768b007ce979feca

Gerard Baden-ClayAllison Baden-Clay was reported missing on April 20, 2012, by her real estate husband Gerard. Her disappearance and subsequent murder trial would grip the nation, with hundreds lining up each day for a chance to get inside the courtroom.
Gerard was found guilty of his wife’s murder, but the Court of Appeal overturned the conviction, downgrading it to manslaughter.
The court claimed there was no evidence of intent and suggested Allison could have attacked Gerard and scratched his face, that he may have pushed her and caused her to fall and hit her head and that her resulting death was unintentional.
The legal saga continued last year when the High Court restored Gerard’s murder conviction, describing the Court of Appeal’s decision as “not based on evidence” and “mere speculation and conjecture”.
Information provided to police included statements by a couple who lived behind Gerard’s parents, Nigel and Elaine, in Kenmore.
The couple told police they became friendly with the Baden-Clays after buying the house from Gerard’s sister Olivia Walton and her husband Ian.
By 2012, when Allison disappeared, the couple, who Murray refers to as “Jan and Frank”, had lived behind the Baden-Clays for four years.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...k/news-story/d4723b439c7a0d006cb066f059421ace

They were on friendly terms and Jan knew Allison through the Brookfield school where they saw each other nearly every day.
Jan told police that Elaine spoke highly of Allison during these years, often describing her as a great mother and a wonderful person.
In a statement to police, Jan told how she set up a food roster with other parents at the school to help look after Gerard and his parents.
Her husband Frank told police he asked Gerard on several occasions if he wanted to accompany him to the showgrounds to check on the search for his missing wife.

6f9d59bbd54e7a049c97677bbbe4a470

a78d440d28cfd44d1398f381fe8de8e1
A special tribute to Allison

But on each occasion, Frank was told that Gerard was busy looking after the children. Frank told police he was confused by this because the children were happily playing in the yard.
Jan told police she was talking with Olivia on the morning of April 30 when Olivia confided that she had asked her brother if he had killed Allison.

“I was lying on the bed with Gerard this morning and I asked him if he’d done it,” Olivia said, according to Jan’s statement.
Jan said Olivia did not say what Gerard’s response was.
Several hours after that conversation, a woman’s body was found by a canoeist *paddling the Kholo Creek in Anstead, 13km away.
Frank told police he jumped in his car to bring the news to Olivia and her husband Ian, who were out walking.

39a13fdc2ed48aecd3c0823ae6e1eb4e

40c8eeb1724156dcb7c6cf711a0adea3
Allison's letter from beyond the grave

“Good, I’m glad,” he told police Olivia said. “They would never have been able to clear Gerard’s name if they never found a body.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back