General Discussion #7

These three questions have no doubt already been covered somewhere but I'm to tired to look through every thread so if someone knows the answers could you please tell me....

Did we ever find out if Raven actually played in a soccer tournament the evening that Janet was murdered?

If so, do we know what time he left and what time he came home?

Do we know what time the autopsy report says that Janet died?

I'm just wondering if he has a alibi nailed down...like the soccer game w/times.

I can't figure out why Raven hasn't been arrested. Any evidence LE might have should be back from the lab by now. I mean you would think that LE has covered everything by now. I'm sure that they have been all over the vehicles and the house long ago. Maybe LE didn't find anything. I just can't see what motive anyone else would have for killing her.

I still also wonder why her co-workers got worried when Janet didn't email them back right away. There has to be something to that. Was she afraid of her husband or was someone else bothering her???

juliagoulia said:
Raven and the family members left Buena Vista after the funeral to travel to the burial site. So he would have only been in Buena Vista for the day before and the day of the funeral.
So that probably wouldn't have been enough time for him to slip off to Smith Mountain Lake?

Thanks so much for the information. :)

juliagoulia said:
I believe Raven, Kaiden and his mother stayed at "The Knight Guest House" at Southern Virginia University the day prior to the funeral in Buena Vista ( [url="http://www.southernvirginia.edu/abt/photoTour.php"]http://www.southernvirginia.edu/abt/photoTour.php ).[/url]
Wow, very nice building. The caption under the photo says:

The Knight Guest House was purchased and refurbished by Glade and Kathleen Knight to house dignitaries and visiting officials of Southern Virginia University.

Anyway, do we know how it came to be that the Abaroas stayed there? Did Raven or someone in his crew ask or was it offered ...?

Bobbisangel said:
These three questions have no doubt already been covered somewhere but I'm to tired to look through every thread so if someone knows the answers could you please tell me....

Did we ever find out if Raven actually played in a soccer tournament the evening that Janet was murdered?
I don't think that it was a tournament. The place that he said he went to play a soccer game was 30 minutes away. I still don't know if we really know if there was a game there that night.

Bobbisangel said:
If so, do we know what time he left and what time he came home?
It was around 8:30 that he left and he said he was home at 10:30/10:45, I believe. Can't remember off the top of my head when the 911 call was placed
Bobbisangel said:
Do we know what time the autopsy report says that Janet died?
I'm just shooting from the top of my head right now, but I remember onset of injury was about 10:50 and TOD was about 5 minutes later.
Bobbisangel said:
I'm just wondering if he has a alibi nailed down...like the soccer game w/times.
I don't know if it's ever been stated that his alibi was verified.

Jenifred said:
Can't remember off the top of my head when the 911 call was placed
I'm just shooting from the top of my head right now, but I remember onset of injury was about 10:50 and TOD was about 5 minutes later.
I believe the call was placed at 10:58 PM. And you are correct on the times - onset of injury was listed as 10:50 and death at 10:55.

The grapevine has placed Raven's return home anytime between 10:30 and 10:40 but in this post, an article is referenced that makes his return home even later:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Media Links Only Please, No Discussion

... Her husband, Raven Abaroa, told police he returned home about 11 p.m. and found her slain...

On a different subject, did we ever determine anything about insurance. I think that we clearly said that Janet went to work while Kaiden was at daycare the day that she was killed. I believe Raven was unemployed. Due to their finances, I doubt that they would have bought private policies on eachother. However, did Janet have benefits at work that provided maybe 1 or 2 times salary in life insurance? If she did, who was the beneficiary. With this being a murder case, how does the insurance company decide who to pass the money to. If the beneficiary is Raven, do they pay, hold back the money till the case is solved, pass the money to second in line - Kaiden, or is the money just lost because of the cause of death??? If the money is allowed to pass to Kaiden, would the insurance company set up a trust where Kaiden could get to the funds when he is 18 and ensure that Raven doesn't have access? So many questions.

RainbowsAndGumdrops said:
Due to their finances, I doubt that they would have bought private policies on eachother.
I don't know the definite answers to your questions regarding life insurance in a murder case. Maybe someone else will have a better idea.

However, I did want to mention that lack of finances didn't stop Raven from doing much if he wanted to do it. If Raven had felt a need to have a private insurance policy on Janet, I'm pretty confident that he would have obtained one, whatever it took, even if it meant not paying rent.

ETA: Didn't we hear that his motorcycle was sold in the spring of 2005? He apparently didn't use the money from that sale to pay his rent. I wonder what he did spend it on.

My theory is that he didn't plan to go home and murder Janet, but there was something that sparked his anger. Perhaps something she found on the computer, another girlfriend, or maybe she had just found out that she was pregnant. We all know that he isn't big on responsibility, so that could have set him off. My theory continues that since he always carries the knife with him...well, let's just say he happened to have the murder weapon convienent. He stabbed her, and she was wounded and kneeling when he left her. He disposed of the computer and knife, came back and called 911 stating that she was wounded (we'll ignore the shot comment for now). After all, i don't think that he stayed with her while she died. I think that he ran to quickly get rid of evidence.

With all of that said, I don't think that he would have bought life insurance in hopes of getting rich if she died - or was murdered. I also don't think that he was financially savy enough to think about actually spending his play money on life insurance. After all, all that he would have is a "piece of paper" instead of a cool toy or another great trip!

Your theory makes a lot of sense. However, I don't think that he would have been able to get away with it this long if it was a crime of passion. I'm not sure how he would have been able to get rid of the weapon and the computer and evidence on his clothes, shoes, hands, etc., if this was something that just happened when he got home that night.

I also believe that Raven is very smart indeed. One of the things that we've learned about Raven is that he used to participate on a web site called Rich Dad or something like that. If I'm not mistaken, that site was about investing and such. So Raven was at least aware of the concept of putting out money in the hopes of getting big returns. Sadly, I think that he was capable of viewing life insurance on his wife that same way - as an investment plan.

I personally believe that the reason we've heard about Janet being in a kneeling position is because he knew that that's what the blood spatter evidence would show.

I often wonder how much of what we've theorized is true. Or what percentage we've hit on and what percentage we've missed on. My biggest hope is that someday we will learn the facts by witnessing the conviction of the perpetrator at trial.

I guess I should give Raven more credit. He did figure out how to embezzle from how many companies? But he didn't pay his car tax, or rent, or.... I guess that he can figure out ways to scam his way into money (on ebay wasn't his name something like "LostMyJobNeedSales." It does seem that he would do almost anything for more play money.

The rich dad poor dad series is actually intriguing. There is a lot of good theory offered that anyone can understand on what to do, but no "how to" guidance. The information is great for so many people, but i could see people with get rich quick schemes really enjoying the rich dad series.

My theory is that he didn't plan to go home and murder Janet, but there was something that sparked his anger. Perhaps something she found on the computer, another girlfriend, or maybe she had just found out that she was pregnant. We all know that he isn't big on responsibility, so that could have set him off. My theory continues that since he always carries the knife with him...well, let's just say he happened to have the murder weapon convienent. He stabbed her, and she was wounded and kneeling when he left her. He disposed of the computer and knife, came back and called 911 stating that she was wounded (we'll ignore the shot comment for now). After all, i don't think that he stayed with her while she died. I think that he ran to quickly get rid of evidence.

With all of that said, I don't think that he would have bought life insurance in hopes of getting rich if she died - or was murdered. I also don't think that he was financially savy enough to think about actually spending his play money on life insurance. After all, all that he would have is a "piece of paper" instead of a cool toy or another great trip!
Great theory. R&G

Myself, I believe this murder was plotted, premeditated, and there is much more to the story we do not know yet, just rumors and speculation now, but I believe many of these rumors are closer to fact than fiction.

Though insurance is a piece of paper, my opinion is that they probably had an independent Insurance Policy taken out and I'm willing to bet that the payments towards this insurance was current at the time of the murder.

Time will tell though, how much rumor we had down is indeed fact and how many things we have listed as facts end up being nothing.

I guess I should give Raven more credit. He did figure out how to embezzle from how many companies? But he didn't pay his car tax, or rent, or.... I guess that he can figure out ways to scam his way into money (on ebay wasn't his name something like "LostMyJobNeedSales." It does seem that he would do almost anything for more play money.

The rich dad poor dad series is actually intriguing. There is a lot of good theory offered that anyone can understand on what to do, but no "how to" guidance. The information is great for so many people, but i could see people with get rich quick schemes really enjoying the rich dad series.
I don't think I can stress this enough to anyone here, don't ever underestimate The Raven. As much as I despise him, I would never underestimate him and his sociopathic ways.

After all, i don't think that he stayed with her while she died. I think that he ran to quickly get rid of evidence.

I'm going to agree and disagree with you on this. On the autopsy report, there were 3 wounds. One that was fatal (it hit a major artery in her neck)--this is the one where blood pooled in her body. There was a very superficial wound on a finger, and there was one in her chest that nicked the pericardium (the sack around the heart). And this is the one that's most interesting to me. There was no noted pooled blood around this wound. Which speaks volumes--because if it was inflicted before death, then there would be blood there (or I think this and my medical student husband believes the same). I think that Raven did stick around to watch her die. Like JG said (somewhere in a galaxy far, far, away) that Raven heard the death rattle, thought she was still alive, rolled her over and stabbed her in the chest. Because if she had been in the kneeling position and the chest wound was present, there would definately have been blood there.

Secondly, I agree that Raven ran and got rid of the murder weapon. We haven't heard what evidence was found in the Durango, but if there was blood anywhere on the steering wheel, the inside door handle, interior upholstry, the radio controls, the dials, whatever, Raven got in that car and drove somewhere quickly and got rid of something--computer, murder weapon, or both. Plus haven't we talked about the possibility of the hard drive being copied? If it was, this points to pre-meditation.

Completely & utterly premeditated Jenifred.:(

terminatrixator said:
Though insurance is a piece of paper, my opinion is that they probably had an independent Insurance Policy taken out and I'm willing to bet that the payments towards this insurance was current at the time of the murder.
I have to disagree with you on this one. Any life insurance they had was as a result of Janet's employment. Don't forget that they didn't have enough money to pay their rent due to being unemployed. When times get tough, the first things that lose priority are the nonessential items, like life insurance. Besides, it's not even in Raven's genes to be responsible enough to actually take out a voluntary life insurance policy.

Regarding the payout, it may be on hold if the insurer has communicated with LE and determined that the beneficiary is a person of interest.

NCBanker said:
Don't forget that they didn't have enough money to pay their rent due to being unemployed. When times get tough, the first things that lose priority are the nonessential items, like life insurance. Besides, it's not even in Raven's genes to be responsible enough to actually take out a voluntary life insurance policy.
But it would sure go to show premeditation if there was a current insurance policy. There could be some play in where the embezzlement money went to.....

Jenifred said:
We haven't heard what evidence was found in the Durango, but if there was blood anywhere on the steering wheel, the inside door handle, interior upholstry, the radio controls, the dials, whatever, Raven got in that car and drove somewhere quickly and got rid of something--computer, murder weapon, or both. Plus haven't we talked about the possibility of the hard drive being copied? If it was, this points to pre-meditation.
OMG, if there was blood inside the Durango and raven still wasn't arrested :eek: :eek:

Jenifred said:
I'm going to agree and disagree with you on this. On the autopsy report, there were 3 wounds. One that was fatal (it hit a major artery in her neck)--this is the one where blood pooled in her body. There was a very superficial wound on a finger, and there was one in her chest that nicked the pericardium (the sack around the heart). And this is the one that's most interesting to me. There was no noted pooled blood around this wound. Which speaks volumes--because if it was inflicted before death, then there would be blood there (or I think this and my medical student husband believes the same).
This comment makes me even more sad about the murder. I need to reread the autopsy report, but i was unaware that there was not pooled blood around the wound to the heart. That changes my whole theory about sudden rage. If this were truely a sudden rage, would the perp have gone back to make sure she was dead? There wouldn't have been time to hide the computer if he had to stay around and make sure she was dead. This makes me even more furios because I would be able to draw no other conclusion than premeditated. :furious: :furious: :furious:

I do have to revise my theory a bit, but I still don't think that Raven would have watched her die. I think that he would have run around trying to make sure they couldn't find him guilty. Then when he heard her body fall to the ground he paniced thinking she was still moving, and went to make sure she was dead. That would be the third wound that didn't have much blood pooled around it. It adds another aspect of disgust to go back and make sure she is dead.

NCBanker said:
I have to disagree with you on this one. Any life insurance they had was as a result of Janet's employment. Don't forget that they didn't have enough money to pay their rent due to being unemployed. When times get tough, the first things that lose priority are the nonessential items, like life insurance. Besides, it's not even in Raven's genes to be responsible enough to actually take out a voluntary life insurance policy.

Regarding the payout, it may be on hold if the insurer has communicated with LE and determined that the beneficiary is a person of interest.
Fair enough.

Do you see nonessential items, like a VX, when there are two other working vehicles? Countless toys? Vacations, biking events?

If there was premeditation involved, I see a voluntary life insurnace policy in this, that was current, and more important than lets say, rent, taxes, bills.

I don't know any of this for a fact, the above are my theories and speculations, but as I said earlier, time will tell.

I do know in the Scott Peterson trial, there was a 250,000 life insurance policy, the Petersons were expecting a baby, they really truly did not have much money, and were not "well-to-do" and were struggling.

Yet, there was a $250,000.00 Life Insurance Policy floating out there, a $1,400 boat and a recently purchased Golf Club membership (paid for by Mommy&PappyDearest) yet they were struggling to make ends meet.

WARNING - GRAPHIC

Jenifred said:
Like JG said (somewhere in a galaxy far, far, away) that Raven heard the death rattle, thought she was still alive, rolled her over and stabbed her in the chest. Because if she had been in the kneeling position and the chest wound was present, there would definately have been blood there.
And if she had already bled out a lot from the neck wound, would this second wound (if it was indeed the second) have created enough spatter to splash back on her attacker's clothing? If the first wound was made while she was kneeling forward, and the second was made after she had already bled out, I wonder how messy the attaker may or may NOT have been.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineSteph
Back