General Discussion and Theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
This doesn't say exactly when neighbours called, but from the wording it doesn't seem that it was Thursday night...
Also it was not the neighbour watching the game who first thought it was suspicious IMO
http://www.yorkregion.com/news-stor...rs-shocked-by-discovery-of-tim-bosma-s-truck/

There are three relevant links in this post I made earlier: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9502334&postcount=154"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Suspect #1: Dellen Millard *Charged* 1st Deg Murder 15 May 2013[/ame]

The neighbour(s) called police on Sunday morning.

SUMMARY OF INITIAL CORRECT INFORMATION.....

4. Based on having TB Cell phone, LE obtained a "Production Order" (warrant) to get information from the phone number that called TB to see/test drive his truck.

5. The phone that called TB was a "Burner Phone" and was only activated for 3 months, has not been active since TB Disappeared that night, was purchased with a bogus name, many calls originated from different parts of Etobicoke area.

6. From the Production Order, LE obtained the cell phone records from the Burner phone, they called all the numbers on the list, this is how they found Test Driver #1 from Etobicoke area. (HE DID NOT CONTACT THEM WITH A TIP - LE FOUND HIM)

7. First Test Drive individual was contacted in the same manner as TB, his

8. First Test Drive individual said suspect #1 had on a SHORT SLEEVE ORANGE SHIRT, he observed several tattoos but, the word "AMBITION" was the only one he could remember and gave description. SB said it was an orange long sleeve shirt when he came to her house, the size, age and other parts of the description match.

LE said NO MOTIVE but, very unique case.

***** THIS VIDEO RELEASE WAS BEFORE TB BEING CONFIRMED DEAD *****

After TB was found deceased... LE stated that TB was targeted for the TRUCK, NOT his personage.

Source: http://youtu.be/-QQvNrsjgBk

I am new here and wanted to delete this but don't know how, so may I say my question to you was did the police contact all callers... they did. Thks for the detailed info.

By through the week all the neighbours were talking about the eyesore, and neighbour CF called LE Sunday morning after DM's arrest was announced the day before and the neighbours had collectively figured out DM was MB's son

I wonder how or who figured that out. Considering the very limited contact they reportedly had with her and practically zero contact with DM, how did they even figure out that MB HAD a son?

I think the trailer was left at MB's because it was to be picked up by someone to take TB's truck to be shipped and sold overseas. Except the trailer was not picked up as scheduled because of the media exposure and/or a police presence in the area was already noticed so they backed off the pick up.

My alternate thought is that it was taken there as a message to DM by the people he answers to. MOO

This incinerator seems odd since DM had no livestock and the farm is located in an area where it would be more economic to use a dead stock removal service and receive a salvage payment if one did have any dead animals.
Perhaps it was a cover story for an illegal disposal business run by someone in DM's circle: contaminated soil, industrial waste, stolen or illegal inventories, etc.
If someone in the truck received a cell phone call about such a business and TB overheard something incriminating, someone may have decided he was a liability. There could have been a struggle and a fatal injury. This might explain DM's lawyer's comments about a story that isn't yet public.

Interesting post, thanks.

I've been trying to 'think' like a killer and I keep going over and over the facts that we've been given so far and something keeps nagging at me.

If I was planning something like this I would absolutely not show up on TB's doorstep at that time of night in the country without some pre-planning.

I would make sure I knew exactly where the house was, if it was well lit, routes in and around the area, etc. I know they could have used GPS but still, I'd want to physically 'see' what I was going to be facing before even considering attempting what they did.

Wonder if they were seen in the days before at all. Not that that would help figure this whole mess out but it's just something I've wondered.

Excellent question, great first post!

Perhaps one of the journalists can pose this question to LE at some point?

Were the suspects seen on video on Tim's road, PRIOR to Tim's kidnapping and murder?

I think the trailer was left at MB's because it was to be picked up by someone to take TB's truck to be shipped and sold overseas. Except the trailer was not picked up as scheduled because of the media exposure and/or a police presence in the area was already noticed so they backed off the pick up.

My alternate thought is that it was taken there as a message to DM by the people he answers to. MOO

bbm

I agree and the other trailer for the Baja vehicle & DM would have been happily enroute to Baja -- If I recall correctly the mom MB was not home from what I remember in the MSM

Were the suspects seen on video on Tim's road, PRIOR to Tim's kidnapping and murder?

Another question to go along with this, and perhaps SB was aware, how far in advance did DM (if it was DM) make contact with TB about seeing the truck? Because they test drove one the previous night, I wonder if there would have been much advance on them making contact...

(Tangent: test drive #1 also occurred at night? I don't remember it ever being specified. If this is true, I'm even more convinced that the entire thing including the killing was pre-planned, and test drive #1 was either a dry run, wrong kind of truck, or guy really was too physically imposing.)

(Tangent: test drive #1 also occurred at night? I don't remember it ever being specified. If this is true, I'm even more convinced that the entire thing including the killing was pre-planned, and test drive #1 was either a dry run, wrong kind of truck, or guy really was too physically imposing.)

The most helpful quote I could find is this:

"Just a day earlier, police allege the same men arrived at an Etobicoke business to test a newer Dodge Ram model, but returned that man and departed."

If it was a business, I assume it would be during business hours?

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2013/05/14/tim_bosma_missing_man_is_dead_body_burned_police_say.html

I recall reading at some point (presser?) that there also was no following vehicle for the first test drive, and you think I can find that? I'll look...

there would be a video camera at the ancaster fairgrounds at the corner of the street that TB lived on. It would have captured the vehicles

Another question to go along with this, and perhaps SB was aware, how far in advance did DM (if it was DM) make contact with TB about seeing the truck? Because they test drove one the previous night, I wonder if there would have been much advance on them making contact...

I've wondered that as well.

Another thought, perhaps suspect #3 is local or works in the area. I just can't see 3 people from the Toronto area coming to Ancaster for one night and know exactly where to go in the dark.

Another thought, perhaps suspect #3 is local or works in the area. I just can't see 3 people from the Toronto area coming to Ancaster for one night and know exactly where to go in the dark.

I agree and if we look back to the beginning of this and people linked in photos to DM there is one rather mechanically inclined person who lives in Brantford ....total speculation but JMO and i do not think this person is a threat to public as LE said...perhaps oblivious to what was going to happen. JMO but then again i could be totally wrong ....few of us figured out MS was suspect 2 :(

It is possible that #3 is from Brantford and they were headed that way to drop off #3 and then SM & DM leave in the Yukon and ram

"Just a day earlier, police allege the same men arrived at an Etobicoke business to test a newer Dodge Ram model, but returned that man and departed."

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2013/05/14/tim_bosma_missing_man_is_dead_body_burned_police_say.html

I recall reading at some point (presser?) that there also was no following vehicle for the first test drive, and you think I can find that? I'll look...

Yes I think it was during the day business hours....they walked into this industrial area but that does not mean there was no trailing vehicle nearby but I assume LE is reviewing video cams from that area to look for parked vehicles etc...they would have been dropped off or parked somewhere...there is no way they took a cab or bus then walked 300 yards for example. This could have been the DRY test run to check for adrenaline, nerves, thoughts etc....or yes, the guy was too big plus being daylight did not help and maybe there were too many witnesses? Then they find truck #2 online and for them it is WELL OUT the area they did the first test drive so they figure from Sunday to Monday the two scenarios will not be tied together. A crime a passion is usually a first time thing and if you get caught you get caught.....what if this was their 3rd time doing something and like a little kid who does bad things without getting caught gets more bold....what are the chances this was their first attempt of a really bad crime and they get caught? Unlikely.....If you do something more than once you are more likely to screw up and get caught....chances of this being the FIRST time and getting caught if less likely. I am all about the percentages!!

After sleuthing these past 72 hours I see it is very possible for them to have googled his postal code (if it was on kijiji ad?) or when TB gave them his address (at maybe 3pm that day for example) they can easily see the area with google earth and if you check his street you can tell it is not well lit due to the rural location. From there you can easily see where all the roads lead to. With these guys being Baha racers and car guys, they are more than likely very good at reading maps and envisioning the area before they get there. With DM being an adventurer and maybe MS being hindered by a substance (??) it is possible they were gonna take the lazy route (not scope out the area located 45 min away) and just wing it, with maybe the aid of google maps...if they did do that on a computer, hopefully it was a personal comp and LE will find all their google searches and kijiji searces in the scope of the computer forensics.

The original quote that you're referring to wasn't quite verbatim. "The devil led the vilest form of evil down our driveway and it smiled at me..." <-- this is closer, although still not verbatim (hard to link to the quote in the Hamilton Spectator on my cell :banghead).

I'd found this link & posted it awhile back so I'll add this up here again :)

"During the service, she said the day Tim went missing, &#8220;the devil led the vilest form of evil down my driveway, and it smiled at me before taking Tim away from me.&#8221;

http://www.570news.com/2013/05/22/me...for-tim-bosma/

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSiYlfW3Snc"]Tim Bosma Memorial Service (May 22, 2013) - YouTube[/ame]

The first test drive took place on a Sunday (May 5th), and according to LE it was "in the middle of the day".

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2558212-video-tim-bosma-police-press-conference/ (@8:00 mark)

This is something that has been bugging me since the beginning of this. Because I also live in a rural area, and even with GPS it's really easy for people not familiar with the area to turn the wrong way when trying to find your house. We're dealing with fire numbers instead of house numbers and that can throw things off as well, unless you're familiar with the area, side roads, lane ways, out bouildings, etc.

Add in the factor of the sun going down and that just makes it a little more complicated. Granted, assuming they were using GPS to locate the address instead of already knowing where it was, and assuming their GPS was spot-on accurate (some are, some are not, especially if it's a newer road or newer house), then it wouldn't be that difficult to locate the house even if you'd never been there before.

All that being said, that IS a long drive from where DM and MS live, and cover of sunset darkness? Maybe both were something they had counted on, if it was premeditated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge