General Discussions #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jenifred said:
You forgot one, if Raven is innocent, why did he refuse to take the polygraph? (of course that's unconfirmed info, right?)

BTW, nice post.
Hi JF,

Yes, the refusal to take the polygraph is unconfirmed, but if he had been cooperating with LE, and had agreed to take one, LE would have had no problem in saying that Janet's husband has been cooperating with us, he took a polygraph, he is not a suspect.

Which leads us back to... "this was not a random act..."

Moxie said:
Hi JF,

Yes, the refusal to take the polygraph is unconfirmed, but if he had been cooperating with LE, and had agreed to take one, LE would have had no problem in saying that Janet's husband has been cooperating with us, he took a polygraph, he is not a suspect.

Isn't it sad how we just keep going in circles? Maybe that should be telling enough.

Jenifred said:
Isn't it sad how we just keep going in circles? Maybe that should be telling enough.
Hi JF,

We are doing the right things - look at all that has been uncovered on this board. Given time, faith and persistence, I believe there is more that will be found by the talented WS'ers... Hang in there!!:)

Moxie said:
Hi JF,

Interesting...that is the same thing LE stated about the Groene murders, "This was not a random murder"...

Moxie said:
Hi icare,

I believe he is not talking because his defense attorney has told him not to... And think about these things:

If Raven is innocent, why does he **still** need a defense attorney, over two months after Janet was found murdered?

If Raven is innocent, why is he listening to his defense attorney and not talking?

If Raven is innocent, shouldn't he be confident in his innocence that he would have no problem publicly stating he is innocent, and that he is fully cooperating with LE to find who did this to Janet, his wife and the mother of his child?

If Raven is innocent, why hasn't LE come out and said, Raven is not a suspect?

If Raven is innocent, the silence is deafening.
Hi Moxie,

I agree totally with all you said. I am just so frustrated with all of this. I feel pretty strongly that Raven Killed Janet, and I just want justice for her and Kaiden....and soon.

Chica said:
Interesting...that is the same thing LE stated about the Groene murders, "This was not a random murder"...
I think that we need to wait for the details on that one, though. It's such a bizarre case, it's hard to tell exactly what the story is just yet.

Moxie said:
Hi JF,

dylans remains have been located -thats what i gathered from the press conference..and they got the info from the little girl i think cuz the perp isnt talking..
who is raven?? I dont know the players in this one.

newtv said:
dylans remains have been located -thats what i gathered from the press conference..and they got the info from the little girl i think cuz the perp isnt talking..
Raven is the husband of Janet Abaroa, the woman that was murdered inside of their home while he was out at a soccer game.

newtv said:
Hey newtv, nice of you to join us over here. Read up on this case and join us in the discussions, we would love having another mind in all of this!

Moxie said:
We are doing the right things - look at all that has been uncovered on this board. Given time, faith and persistence, I believe there is more that will be found by the talented WS'ers... Hang in there!!:)
We ARE doing the right thing! Thanks for the pats on all of our backs. :blowkiss:

NCBanker, I read both of your replies and was wondering if you or anyone else knows of a way to check the dates of the replies? I remember checking Raven's blog back in April and the only replies I saw were the first two (the deleted one and the leave him alone). Which leads me to believe (whether or not it was his mother) that the post Good reflection was well after Janet's murder. And I would assume that anyone finding their way to Raven's website would have heard about Janet by then.

goodolebv said:
NCBanker, I read both of your replies and was wondering if you or anyone else knows of a way to check the dates of the replies? I remember checking Raven's blog back in April and the only replies I saw were the first two (the deleted one and the leave him alone). Which leads me to believe (whether or not it was his mother) that the post Good reflection was well after Janet's murder. And I would assume that anyone finding their way to Raven's website would have heard about Janet by then.
What I remember goodole is that right after Janet's murder, there was a reporter that asked Raven if he could use some of the pictures from the site. Someone else responded saying just leave him alone. Then several weeks later, another person commented about how good the reflection was on his goals and life (or something like that). That is the comment we thought his mother made since the name is close to hers. Then just last week, or maybe two now, NC made the awesome comment calling out to Raven. Anyway, that's what I remember.

goodolebv said:

You are so right. It had to be after the fact. I went to Raven's blog the day after Janet was murdered and there were only the 2 replies posted. The one that was later deleted was from a reporter that wanted to do a story, but was having a hard time tracking Raven down & the other which is still there, saying "leave him alone". His mother's reply was not there yet. So, she had to say that after Janet was murdered!!

ItsMe said:
You are so right. It had to be after the fact. I went to Raven's blog the day after Janet was murdered and there were only the 2 replies posted. The one that was later deleted was from a reporter that wanted to do a story, but was having a hard time tracking Raven down & the other which is still there, saying "leave him alone". His mother's reply was not there yet. So, she had to say that after Janet was murdered!!
Which is just insane. I don't see how anybody, knowing the fact that his wife was brutally murdered (perhaps by him), could write that. It's just beyond words!

ItsMe said:
Is there anyway we can find out the date that her comment was posted?

I want to touch on a couple of items:

A. Raven continues to have a defense attorney because he has an upcoming embezzlement case. When all this started, he simply reached out to this attorney who was representing him in order to get advice from counsel. I'm not defending him in any way. I'm just clearing that up.

B. The comment that was made on Raven's blog that was later deleted was not posted by a reporter. It was made by someone who was criticizing Raven for not discussing his wife's murder. I don't recall the exact wording, but it was along those lines. For whatever reason, they later deleted it.

Moxie said:
Is there anyway we can find out the date that her comment was posted?
We noticed it on June 4, 2005 and discussed it on page 1 of the thread Raven's online activity.

NCBanker said:
I want to touch on a couple of items:

A. Raven continues to have a defense attorney because he has an upcoming embezzlement case. When all this started, he simply reached out to this attorney who was representing him in order to get advice from counsel. I'm not defending him in any way. I'm just clearing that up.

B. The comment that was made on Raven's blog that was later deleted was not posted by a reporter. It was made by someone who was criticizing Raven for not discussing his wife's murder. I don't recall the exact wording, but it was along those lines. For whatever reason, they later deleted it.
Is what you're saying, Raven didn't hire an attorney to represent him in the case of the murder of Janet Abaroa, his atty for the embezzlement is just giving him advice on this?

NCBanker said:
I think mr. allgood quoted what the guy said on his blog, planethuff/darkside...I'll go look and post it if I can find it!

ewwwinteresting said:
I think mr. allgood quoted what the guy said on his blog, planethuff/darkside...I'll go look and post it if I can find it!
Oops it was mistersugar.com:
Conflict of interest

Isn’t this interesting: Samiha Khanna, the reporter who wrote the News & Observer article about the murder of Janet Abaroa, posted a comment to the weblog of Abaroa’s husband, asking for permission to use a photo with the article. That comment indicated Khanna knew Janet Abaroa in high school. But, Khanna’s story didn’t disclose that information. That’s an egregious journalism error, especially in light of the fact that the police investigation of Abaroa’s murder, to my knowledge, is still open, and an acquaintance could be a suspect in the investigation.

I sent Khanna an e-mail message this morning asking after the lack of disclosure. No response, but t [T]he comment has since been deleted. Hmm. [Khanna responded shortly after I posted this; I’ll ask permission to post Khanna’s message, which is reasoned and responsive.]

See a screenshot of the comment here.

This certainly is interesting: Abaroa’s husband posted only one entry to his weblog. That post is quite poignant, about challenges and strengths and personal development. The day after he posted that, his wife was dead.

[Disclosure of my own: I was a neighbor of Abaroa, and Erin, my wife, is a good friend of a woman who was a good friend of Janet Abaroa; more here.]

[Edited shortly after initial posting to include Khanna response.]

late afternoon on Apr 29, 12:42 pm in "Media" | permalink | Storian [3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members